Exercise! #2

Natasha1

Did a full session of yoga today. I wasn't planning on it but I guess I thought it would be nice to do 🤔 🤩😅 I know that 70% of my wellbeing and energy comes from it so that's a strong motivating factor. 

I have been feeling particularly tired these past couple days so it wasn't easy peasy but it really helps to pace myself and work through the energetic stuff at a slower pace. The high energy stuff is what gives me energy afterwards so it's well worth doing.

Plus I'm enjoying the challenge of making it work when I'm not feeling my best. It's gratifying. 

I felt like I'd taken a tranquilliser when I finished, which was welcome and I had my zen master moment again half way through 🙏 Yay 😁

I walked to the lake and back today.  The one that has a crush on me drove by and stopped.  She tried everything to get me to go back to her house.  She is about 85.  I can see me just saying the hell with it one day and getting in the truck with her.  Could my life really get worse at this point?:unsure:

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

I can see me just saying the hell with it one day and getting in the truck with her.

Ha! I think I have a much older admirer too 😂 I see him giving me the eye at the checkouts. But who am I kidding, he probably does that with all the girls 😂 but wow, when I'm around he does seem to always be looking over his spectacles at me😍 👓😍

I guess it's flattering though huh? You gotta admire their game. But isn't it a bit creepy that they would look at someone much younger like that? Or maybe it's just normal to still find the young'uns attractive 🤷‍♀️ I don't know.

Not much exercise for me yesterday. All I did was walk around town for half an hour. Better than nothing. Not sure about today yet.. I'm visiting with my dad so we'll see if I can fit something in ✌️

Edited by Nightjar

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Ha! I think I have a much older admirer too 😂 I see him giving me the eye at the checkouts. But who am I kidding, he probably does that with all the girls 😂 but wow, when I'm around he does seem to always be looking over his spectacles at me😍 👓😍

I guess it's flattering though huh? You gotta admire their game. But isn't it a bit creepy that they would look at someone much younger like that? Or maybe it's just normal to still find the young'uns attractive 🤷‍♀️ I don't know.

Not much exercise for me yesterday. All I did was walk around town for half an hour. Better than nothing. Not sure about today yet.. I'm visiting with my dad so we'll see if I can fit something in ✌️

It's not a good thing for me.  Other people in her family have had their eye on me since mom has passed away too.  They see that I'm alone and want to take advantage of me.  That's their way of life.  They have no idea what they're getting into.  My situation is extrememely complicated in that area as far as who I'm attracted to and who I see myself as.  I'm not sure I even understand it fully and I really can't imagine anyone wanting to be a part of it if I'm being honest.  It's too much.

Past few days have felt lazy but then I look at my numbers and realize it's partly mental. Wednesday did lots of walks and some cardio. Got 15K+ step (almost 7 miles). Yesterday between eating and drinking lots we got in 12K steps walking. Today will be more cardio, less walking. We're starting to put up Xmas decorations and lights. So between that we'll get in a quick workout, then stretching later. Definetely need some yoga love!

I'm not freaked out I'm perfectly fine with things.  I will be the same way I'm sure until I die.😊  Anyway I walked today and had a conversation with the woman that has my favorite dog.  I was talking to her about mom passing away the day after Thanksgiving and she told me the story about her husband passing away many years ago on Thanksgiving day at noon.  I asked her how do you ever feel happy at Thanksgiving again and she said you don't and your family is just going to have to deal with you doing whatever you have to to get through Thanksgiving.

I walked to the lake and back early today.  My favorite dog ran down to me from the house.  There's a bank at the end of her yard.  She runs down to the top of the bank and looks down to me wagging her tail waiting for me to call her because she's shy.  She wants to jump off the bank and tackle me licking my face.  I'm waiting for that day to happen.  I'm going Christmas shopping now.🕊️

I haven't done my workout routine really at all this year sadly to be real honest. I know working out helps really improves your mood a lot, though with a lot of setbacks that happened this year in my personal life excluding the "word issue" I call it. It hasent been that easy to say "Hey let's do this!"excited and motivated as I once was 2 years ago. I know I can do it and push through my lack of motivation and being a bit down but still it's been a struggle for me. I'll  try my best starting Monday to get at it with my workout routine as well walking each day as well. 

On 11/27/2020 at 5:51 PM, In2deep4me said:

Got 15K+ step (almost 7 miles). Yesterday between eating and drinking lots we got in 12K steps walking. Today will be more cardio, less walking.

Jesus H Christ 2deep 😂 I reckon for Xmas you'll get a wallet with bad a$$ motherf*cker on it.

Muchos impressed over here. If I did 15k steps one day, I'd be putting my feet up with the chocs the day after 😂

I guess that's why I've got a 2 and a half pack when you've got a six 😁🤔6️⃣

On 11/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, Wolven said:

I haven't done my workout routine really at all this year sadly to be real honest. I know working out helps really improves your mood a lot,

I'll  try my best starting Monday to get at it with my workout routine as well walking each day as well.

Yes it helps your mental and physical state a LOT. More than many realize. There's only a few of us left in this section. Come on girl, join in with the fun, you'll feel better for it! Just get started, 10 steps, 100, 1,000, you can do it. Let us know how it's going.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:49 AM, Nightjar said:

Jesus H Christ 2deep 😂 I reckon for Xmas you'll get a wallet with bad a$$ motherf*cker on it.

Muchos impressed over here. If I did 15k steps one day, I'd be putting my feet up with the chocs the day after 😂

I guess that's why I've got a 2 and a half pack when you've got a six 😁🤔6️⃣

Oh my awesome workout warrior, you say the sweetest things. 😘

I hope Santa brings me one of those. I'll wear it proudly!

I think you're more than capable of 15K steps without major consequences. You just need to do it in chunks. If I did it in one session I'd get so tight even your full on ninja yoga session wouldn't loosen my hamstrings. I used to hike a fair bit and would knock out a 5-10 mile hike. Haven't done that in years.

Ha, ha, almost. Maybe a 5-pack. I'm cutting now since I went back to weight training every 3rd day. 💪

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

3 hours of shoveling that's what it took today for me to even be able to get out of here!

That's some serious work there sober! Be careful on your back ok. Wear that brace maybe until you get used to it again. I grew up in the great white north so I know how shoveling goes. I don't miss it at all...

4 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

That's some serious work there sober! Be careful on your back ok. Wear that brace maybe until you get used to it again. I grew up in the great white north so I know how shoveling goes. I don't miss it at all...

I never saw this post until now.  I ended up shoveling snow 4 hours today.  Was I smart enough to wear the brace on my own or stretch before this?  Nope.  @Nightjarand @In2deep4mesmacks @sober4life:coophelp:

I enjoy shoveling snow as exercise.  That will be my exercise today too.  It's a different kind of exercise though so I need to be careful.  It's like running.  It gives me a lot of adrenaline which made me overeat yesterday so I need to get things under control again.  The holidays are over get it together again I scream at myself!

@sober4life - No we won't yell at you. Just don't want you throwing out your back and being laid up. Snow shoveling is serious work. The back brace just helps support the posture until you get back into it. I agree. It's a good workout. Rotate between left and right handed. Light snow is not bad. The wet stuff, ya gotta be careful. You know the difference. I bet your calorie burn for a few hours of that is through the roof!

I know you were kidding, sorry I forgot to put a smiley on my response. I can well imagine you are beat up after that.

Took a long lunch break and went to the climbing gym for a solid hour of hard climbs. Thank God for KT Tape!!! My left bicep tendon up into the shoulder is not a fan of climbing or push presses doing weights...