Exercise! #2

Natasha1

8697 steps today. Went walking in the gloom - it was overcast and light was low - but it still felt good. It's dark by 3:30 pm here now and I don't usually get outta the house till 3 ish by the time I've sorted chores etc. Would be better to go earlier but what can you do? 🤷‍♀️

Well, I got the yoga done. That was an accomplishment coz my motivation level was at zero today. 

Man, I have no energy this time of year 😬 Anyway, back to the yoga. I almost had the 'what's the point' thought which I hate like no other 😡 but, like Sargeant Miagi and his chopsticks* I snapped it up before it got a hold of me 😁 and got through my moves on the mat. 

* Daniel son's teacher in karate kid 🥋

Edited by Nightjar

Past few days have been a mixup of Walk/Rest, combination of basic cardio with equal amount of stretch and we tried step aerobics again. Hate to say it but step is rather boring, steady state, but I burn as much calories as I do with HIIT, so it works. Still enjoying weight day more than cardio days.

Today is climbing day. The gym is still open with very limited capacity and you must schedule time. Must wear 😷 at all times, even when climbing. Clean hands with sanitizer after every climb. Climbs are 10ft apart. We're comfortable with the risk even though the Covid numbers are on the rise again. This county seems more stable for the moment. We're getting our climb on because we expect another shutdown sooner than later. 😢

@Nightjar - Good job on the yoga girl! Mr Miagi is proud of you (me too). Wax on, wax off. 😛

On 11/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, sober4life said:

So I walked to the lake and back one last time.  On a farm that has always only had white and brown cows the whole 3 years I've been walking past the farm there are 3 brown baby cows, 1 white baby cow and 1 black baby cow.:unsure:

The farmer has a black bull.  What a life he must have if this is the first time I saw him.😒Not on my farm!  Anyway I walked to the lake and back blah blah blah I know.😛

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey sober, I never get tired of your updates :hugs:It's just nice to keep in touch 🤷‍♀️ and you make me laugh 😁

Me too! I miss having cows and donkeys across the road to go see and listen too. Your walks are not boring. I see the same houses over and over. When I'm lucky I see some of the neighbors dogs and they don't mind me petting them. It's a nice distraction. Makes me think of getting a dog.

As for the black bull. Maybe the farmer keeps him penned up because if he leaves him out in the field he may get into lots of trouble chasing the other cows and the neighbors who walk by... 🤪

There seems to be a bull barn with 3 bulls and a different barn for the rest of the cows.  These kind of cows have males with horns but sometimes the females have horns too.  Do they need to be separated?  Maybe.  There are some farms where the farmer is poor and only has one field.  They all stay together the whole time and it works.  Anyway weather wise it looks like the walking days are over for a while.  I'm taking a few days off and I'm going to try to get into real shape inside.  I pulled a muscle in my back from reaching for something on the top shelf at the store today so I need to try to get into overall good shape if that's still possible.

I should get a mat.  How long am I going to go with the I'm just going to jump up and do everything like I'm 18 mentality.  Oh my back oh my knees.  Well yeah you haven't stretched since gym class in high school what do you expect?

Edited by sober4life

24 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I should get a mat.  How long am I going to go with the I'm just going to jump up and do everything like I'm 18 mentality.  Oh my back oh my knees.  Well yeah you haven't stretched since gym class in high school what do you expect?

Yeah exactly! I get up and my back aches, lift weights or do plyo and my knees complain. Oh well. Put on a back brace for weights and biofreeze and achy parts. Keep on moving. If I slow down and stop I'll probably never get started again...  You definetely want that yoga mat and some ideas from our ninja yoga buddy. 😁

On 11/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, sober4life said:

I walked to the lake and back for the last time.:unsure:

I didn't mean to get a sad remark here.  I put it that way meaning I've said for the last time tons of times.   There are actually a few more days coming Wednesday-Friday in the 50s again.  I'll walk.

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I didn't mean to get a sad remark here.  I put it that way meaning I've said for the last time tons of times.   There are actually a few more days coming Wednesday-Friday in the 50s again.  I'll walk.

Ah, sometimes things get a bit lost in translation. I wasn't sure if you were a bit sad about it or not and was just trying to empathise 🙂

It is in the 50s today but it's raining all day today.  The other 2 days it won't rain so today has been an everything else day including talking to my current crush and I actually got a yoga mat today.  I'm using the rest of the day to get some projects done.  I feel better than I have in years after talking to my crush today.  That's the reason I need to get myself healthy if not for that person for someone out there it's time.  It's time for me to stop being such a wimp.  The hell with the dinner on Saturday.  That's a fly to swat out of the way that day and then I'm moving onto getting love into my life.❤️