Exercise! #2

Natasha1

10 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Town looked very beautiful in the sun. We have lots of flags flying in the streets which were flapping about madly in the breeze. The buildings really stood out to me.  I never noticed how lovely they were before because I've always been distracted by the madness and chaos of the crowds. No crowds yesterday. Obvs. 

It felt like being in a different country. Which was amazing. Glad I went in. Haven't been in about a month I think.

Yep. Many people are going into smaller towns and seeing them deserted. That and big shopping malls are too. I drove through one parking lot that I have never seen empty in 25 years!

I was doing my daily sesh in my tiny box room with no mat. It felt a little bit masochistic. The furniture and walls came in handy for balance purposes though, I must admit 😉 and I do miss my daily shoulder stand. Praps I'll sneak one in before I get dressed 🤔

I always stand next to a wall when I do balance poses. My balance is horrible. They say it's poor core strength. I don't believe that is the only reason. I stopped having good balance many years ago and when I had back surgery it got much worse. My core is pretty strong and I do lots of core work. Some muscles in my back won't hold me in certain positions because some of the nerves are damaged. So I just use a wall and try my best.

Lots of love to you guys 🤗

Right back at ya!  :hugs:

Shopping malls were already on their way out.  Many of the big businesses will say we made it without having those stores opened up why pay the monthly rent?  Eventually it will be all online shopping.  Sounds great well what about the workers?  Doctors will eventually do the same thing as well.  There will eventually be hospitals and telehealth and that's it.  They will say why pay rent as well.  Eventually technology will bring us to a point where we say well where will people work?

5 hours ago, evalynn said:

30 minute cardio dance. My mind was otherwise occupied, so I got through it but I'm not sure how much effort I actually put in. 

I know how you feel.  During this time when I go for my walks I'm so lost in my head that I barely remember a lot of it.  I do it but there is no focus whatsoever.

@Nightjar

Yeah being in town at the moment is a strange experience, but rather a pleasant one with all the crowds. Like you I found myself noticing things that would normally be drowned out and hidden by the noise and the hustle and bustle. 

Excuse the lack of recent exercise updates good people :hugs:I went out yesterday but forgot to take a hat and with the lack of cloud cover I got rather too much sun and felt dizzy and tired when I got home. 

Today I was more sensible and took a hat 😄 , I went from the village I have been using as a base of operations recently (it has a small shop for coke buying and gossiping as well as a good car park :laugh:

Then  I walked out the village and along the road path for a little way and then along the farm track that rapidly ascends upwards and then walked along the crest of the hill  😊  , I've been enjoying walking here recently as you have a view that extends for miles and it's fairly easy going.

Edited by hocico

I walked to the lake and back.  I've figured out when the deer will walk down the pipeline to go to the creek so if I time it right every time I will be able to get close to the deer every time.  Also the goose the moved closer to the creek and she found another goose as well.❤️

4 hours ago, hocico said:

(it has a small shop for coke buying and gossiping as well as a good car park :laugh:

Now you're talking 😁 

I think you speaka my language 😆

4 hours ago, hocico said:

felt dizzy and tired

Oh no! Poor Mr hocico. Hope you're feeling better today 🤠🤠🤠

I've only been able to walk an average of 1.75 miles each day save for Sundays. Consequently I'm not making headway on my weight loss goals. 

The only part of me that's thinning is my hair. 🤭

56 minutes ago, Atra said:

The only part of me that's thinning is my hair. 🤭

Tell me about it. After a great January, and a promising February, I haven't made any losses since. In fact, I gained back a few pounds--something I'm very frustrated about since I wanted this to be my year to finally make my goal it's nearly halfway over. 

Nothing so far. I was thinking of taking a nice walk with the rising sun, but my lower back has just started hurting for no apparent reason. In general, I've been so tired and lazy for the last couple weeks and I don't know how to snap out of it.

Edited by evalynn

9 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Tell me about it. After a great January, and a promising February, I haven't made any losses since. In fact, I gained back a few pounds--something I'm very frustrated about since I wanted this to be my year to finally make my goal it's nearly halfway over

I feel you. I know I'm going to struggle with this the rest of my life -- or, I will decide that energy is better utilized by learning to accept my body. I haven't been able to decide yet which is harder or which is healthier. 

I'm forcing myself to walk to the lake and back this morning before the rain.  Why because tomorrow's weather is total garbage.  It might actually snow here!  I'll also be the first to admit I'm nuts.  I won't mentally survive 2 days in a row of "rest".

22 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Now you're talking 😁 

I think you speaka my language 😆

Oh no! Poor Mr hocico. Hope you're feeling better today 🤠🤠🤠

😆  coke coke coke 

aw! thank you sweet Nightjar :hugs:yes Mr Hocico feels a bit better today, no walk today thought as I got chatting online with a friend discussing who was our favourite  character on friends 😆 and how rappers are generally rubbish at acting, and other important things 😂 , then he was sat outside waving his flag at the neighbours :smile:  🎶 rule Britannia... *ahem* enough of that :laugh:

I took a walk down to Hollywood yesterday eve. Its such a lovely time to go out walking. No one about, cool and peaceful. I did about an hour I think but I forgot to time it for DF monitoring purposes. 

I walked down to supermarket and back with shopping too. Not too far, but I was sweating in the heat with the shopping as I was walking up the hill so I reckon that counts. 

Bloody good job I did a bit of exercise yesterday as I also binged out on cookies and a couple of chocolate desserts. 

"damage limitation. 

I walked to the lake and back yesterday.  I almost caught a chipmunk.  Can you catch a chipmunk people ask?  Yes you can.  I caught a chipmunk and a wild rabbit before as a kid but it's basically a once in a lifetime if you're lucky thing.

@Nightjar

Yesterday was rather overwhelming with it's Saharan intensity wasn't it , today was the polar opposite though (uhh bad pun alert 😆)

I got out about 5pm for my walk, had food today so I didn't end up feeling dizzy half way through my walk.

Parked at a convenient spot and walk from the bottom of a hill outside of dingly dell and then along a footpath that went across open fields to the next village of badgers bottom about a mile and a half distant (I have started naming all the villages with made up midsomeresque names :laugh:

The sky was dark and cloudy and the wind chill meant it was quite cold, I was warm thought in my many layers 😊 saw no-one except some cyclist a long way off. 

Felt pleasantly tired at the end of the walk 😊

I walked to the lake and back today.  The geese seem to be gone.  They probably said what the hell did I come to Ohio for if it's snowing and sleeting in May and went south.  I did see that the farm with the 2 horses has a pony now.  They seem to be people that just like horses so they don't make them work.  They are just free range horses from what I can tell which is good.

I've not long finished yoga. Didn't finish till 10:30pm and started at 8:30. Quite late to exercise isn't it but it seems to be working for me at the moment. It means I can get the dastardly chores done beforehand and not worry about being a yoga hermit in the daytime. I can be a yoga 🦇 instead which feels easier. 

My god, I felt like screaming during the warm up. Which is weird because that is the easy part and mostly consists of yummy stretches.... 

Felt a lot better doing the strenous stuff today. I dunno, maybe my mind and body needs the hard stuff at the minute to get anywhere 🥴

Of course, I always suspect my monkey mind of doing whatever it can, whenever it can to sabotage my yoga sessions so I'm half convinced it created that little storm inside to put me off. 

The daily sessions I was doing for a little while have improved my game in the strenous part so perhaps thats why my monkey mind tried to sabotage the easy bit instead 🙉 

Anyway, hard cheese dingbat monkey mind. Two hours of yoga in the bag 🧀✌️

Edited by Nightjar

I know how you feel.  It's very hard when you think your own mind is trying to sabotage you all day.  It's hard though.  Which one really is right?  I think I can only be happy in certain ways and that other part of my mind tries to take short cuts to the same feelings.  

15-minute dance cardio. Hopefully this is just phase one. I didn't sleep a wink last night or this morning (I fell asleep sometime after noon), so suffice is to say I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight either. Considering my legs were aching horribly this evening when I was going in and out, it feels nice to stretch them out and use them just now. 

Hollwood yesterday evening.. One hour. I felt tired but it was worth it in spite of being shouted at and ambushed by an angry dog 🐶

The owner was all like, oops, sorry... after the fact and made no attempt to control him as he came running towards me barking loudly. 

I did my best I'm not afraid of you impression and made sure he didn't get behind me. He didn't jump at me luckily. 

Sheesh. Anyway, like I said still worth it. There's always a fly in the ointment as my mother would say 😂

@Nightjar

OMG snap! 😞 I had a barking dog running at me yesterday when I went for my walk, I could tell from the bark though that he was just saying hello and warning me he was there and not to try any funny business cos despite the cute fluffy exterior he was a fierce ******* machine (!) 😂. The owner was rather apologetic and told me "oh don't worry he is harmless" my reply was "Ah it's grand, I can tell by the breed that he is probably harmless" :laugh:

Other than that my walk went without incident,  I walked along the nature trail for about a mile and then back again to the car. On my outward journey I was joined by an old guy who was taking a breather from cycling and was walking along chatting to me from the other side of the path, was a little cold for walking and the wind was a bit nippy but it was nice to get outside for a while 😊

OMG, just took Etta out and it was lovely. It was a bit too hot--83 degrees--but so beautiful. The sky was so blue and the fluffy clouds so white the trees and grass were so green, and  there was a pretty consistent breeze to temper the heat. We took our time meandering and sitting on benches in the shade and it was so nice. I reconnected with nature for the first timei n weeks, and I feel like it charged up my emotional battery. 

Edited by evalynn

@evalynn - I'm glad you got the fresh air and reconnect. I'm a bit north of you so the temps are nicer but the pollen is horrible! We went from pine to some other lovely nature thing that sheds... My head is stuffed daily and I have to go see the doc because I might have a sinus infection... Ughh...  We've been out walking daily and try and get 10K steps or more on non-workout days. Other days we can ride bikes we do. I tried wearing a mask but the ones I have that work against pollen make it horrible to breath if you're on a bike. Ok if you're walking casual pace.

We finally went through enough of all the workouts we had from DVDs and decided to get an online subscription to try. Cost is not bad and they have tons of workouts of all types. So we're giving it a try.