Exercise! #2

Natasha1

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

So I walked to the lake and back 3 days in a row.

Well done Sober  👍

It's been quite windy and the sky has been threatening rain all afternoon so I thought it would be a great time to go walking when everyone was hiding from the weather 😆 

I walked in a loop across the countryside and did just over two miles there and back, along the way I still saw a few hardcore jogging and cycling types. 

Edited by hocico

13 hours ago, evalynn said:

as I result I got no sleep until the sun

Me too ☹

Just 1.2 miles walking today cause I was in meetings online from 12 until 6:30 pm. I'll have better opportunities to walk tomorrow. 

I'm going to have to throw myself out of the door today. With the mass hibernation going on everywhere I guess I have been making the most of the pressure being off and participating fully!! I haven't been out in a few days. Wish me luck 🧟‍♀️

So I did my walk and it was good, I felt healthier for doing it. But, there was a bad vibe in the air. Walking past the empty playground, the empty restaurant and the abandoned office felt like something from a horror movie. I think I was in shock. I felt like crying. It all felt sad. Like the end of everything and I felt like it was all my fault somehow. Wtf Nightjar? 😧 Did I wish it all away? 

Also, enough already with treating each other like lepers 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ I will maintain a safe distance. I'm not gonna lick your freaking face.

Unless I really like you that is 😂😂😂

Edited by Nightjar

I injured myself pretty badly I think.  I'm not exercising again until the weather is good enough to walk outside again on Thursday.  I'll still have to keep my weight down in case anyone shows up here.  So I'll just have to pretty much starve until Thursday.

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

I injured myself pretty badly I think. 

Sorry to hear that. I hope it will heal properly with rest and without too much pain so you can resume walking to the lake and back. 

Walked 5.9 miles on flat ground with a bit of rain falling. 

9 hours ago, Atra said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope it will heal properly with rest and without too much pain so you can resume walking to the lake and back. 

Walked 5.9 miles on flat ground with a bit of rain falling. 

I'll be ok.  I've lost 5 pounds so far today without exercising.  By tomorrow I will be down to my goal weight.  I won't give up no matter how bad things get.  I will get myself to top form and stay there one way or another.

Took a couple off from working out and just did short walks. Today we did some cardio for 30 mins then took a short walk before bedtime. It was nice and comfortable out. Back has been sore lately. Been doing a lot of carpentry work out in hte garage and my portable bench is too low. It's ******* me working on projects. Going to have to build my own bench custom height 😉

On 3/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, hocico said:

I went for a walk in the sun and then a dance in the rain, total distance was 6 miles. Now I have got used to walking almost everyday I am finding it hard to stop :laugh:

Funny, we went for a ride in the sun then peddled our tushes off in the rain and mud to get home! Dancing in the rain sounds a bit more fun... Lol...

On 3/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, Atra said:

with a bit of rain falling. 

Important information for my administrative records ☔🗃️☔

Thank you. 

My friend Sloth paid a visit last night and we got comfortable together on the sofa. 'You get the biscuits, I'll set up the programme schedule' I said. 'All our favourite shows are on tonight. We can have a movie marathon.' 😁🎥😁

'I'm on it' said Sloth as he shuffled off to the kitchen with his jeans scuffing the floor as he went. But just then, the doorbell rang and my friend Mr G Ru appeared...🏃🏃🏃

'Oh hi, Mr G' I said, 'It's lovely to see you.' 

Mr G looked disappointed😔. 'Ah, I see you have Sloth here and are getting ready for a movie night.' 'Well yes, I said. I didn't think you'd be here tonight, with this virus plague upon us.' 'You know how it is.' 😬

'Well, that's precisely why I'm here to be honest Nightjar. I think with the virus plague putting a spanner in the works we need to take really good care of ourselves. I thought we might do yoga?' 

'OK, do you have gloves on, Mr G? I can let you touch the floor then.' 😂

'Of course, NJ. Let's start.' 👍

'Sloth, would you like to join us?' I say? 😜

'Aw, no thanks NJ,  I've got jeans on, too uncomfortable 🙄 And a belly full of biscuits. You crack on with Mr G Ru and I'll watch a box set upstairs k?' 

'K' 👌

Edited by Nightjar

Yay! Lovely and entertaining exercise narrative @Nightjar I enjoyed reading and hope for more vignettes about your curious relationship/decision-making with G Ru and Sloth. 👏

I don't mean to exhaust you with more requests but I would like to know what 🤏🦁the🐈 thought of these "guests". That would be for my own record keeping and administrative purposes of course - and not for distribution. :Coopwink:

The problem with my foot I think is metatarsalgia.  I need better shoes.  I'm trying to walk long distances in 15 dollar shoes that a lot of the time I have to make some of the shoe string holes myself.  Once I even had a pair of these shoes that turned my socks red.  You get what you pay for I guess.

@sober4life - Good on the mowing, should make a good cardio workout with some strength training if your land isn't flat. I used to have an acre on a sloped lot so it was quite entertaining... Bummer on the shoes. Yes on the cheap part. I tend to spend a bit more on my shoes, especially sneakers, just because of the support issue. Maybe get some padded insoles or ortho style to get you better support. Just rip the junk liner out of them. ???

2 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

@sober4life - Good on the mowing, should make a good cardio workout with some strength training if your land isn't flat. I used to have an acre on a sloped lot so it was quite entertaining... Bummer on the shoes. Yes on the cheap part. I tend to spend a bit more on my shoes, especially sneakers, just because of the support issue. Maybe get some padded insoles or ortho style to get you better support. Just rip the junk liner out of them. ???

There's 2.5 acres here.  The first mowing only about half of it grows.  The next time I'll have to do the whole thing.  I have a riding lawnmower but I'm choosing to mow it with the push mower to get in better shape.  As far as the shoes go I hold grudges too long I think.  I was going to buy expensive shoes for walking probably 3 or 4 years ago and the salesman asked me how much do you run and walk and I was honest.  He didn't believe me and treated me like crap and I vowed to get the cheapest shoes I could find from that day forward but if I'm hurting myself by getting such cheap shoes some people could say the salesman is winning.

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

He didn't believe me and treated me like crap and I vowed to get the cheapest shoes I could find from that day forward but if I'm hurting myself by getting such cheap shoes some people could say the salesman is winning.

The salesman was an azz. Don't do that to yourself. You are better than that. For as much as you like to walk get some good shoes for you for your health. It's not about the salesman winning. Forget that. It's about you. 👍