Exercise! #2

Natasha1

Well, they have just issued a mandatory citation for only certain people to be out and about in my

surrounding area.  So, I probably want be out walking and exercising today.  However, I do work

in the medical field so I can still  at least go to work.

Looking at the extended forecast today and tomorrow look like the last junk days.  I could do the treadmill or just wait until Tuesday when it looks like every day from then on can be a good walking day.  I'm going to wait until Tuesday.  At this point I feel like destroying the treadmill with a sledgehammer and leaving it outside for trash pickup.

@sober4life - nope you had no say in it... 😉

@Nightjar - your yoga session is quite entertaining. i laughed like hell reading your mind argument... i do yoga and mostly my mind says - we're not doing that pose, remeber what happened last time!!!

@Epictetus , @Atra, @Floor2017 - glad you're all getting in walks and a little bit of fresh air.

@All - until they lock me down in my house i'm walking and so are my neighbors. We're all adult and responsible enough to stay the 6ft away from each other while still being polite and civil and not going stir crazy!

Friday we got in our 15 miles ride. It was awesome and even the excess pollen couldn't take away the enjoyment. Quite a few people out riding. All cautiously distant from each other. We were a lot slower than our usual ride but we haven't been out there for a couple of months.

Saturday was frustration day so we walked several times in bursts then came home and did Les Mills Combat. Lots of kick punch shadow fighting stuff. Felt good but shoulders are tight today. My gal went up to the attic where I have a kick/punch strike pad setup and she kicked the krap out of it. Better it than me... Lol...

Today is a few short walks and some yoga in a bit. Without the crazy back bends.

I'm taking my exercise back inside for this stay at home order in Ohio.  I'm considered a throwaway in this world.  I was lucky the last time I talked to the sheriff.  If he catches me on a bad mental health day a misdemeanor ticket will be the least of my worries.  I have to face the reality of the situation and the fact I have schizophrenia and I have to consider the world I live in.  I have to protect myself first.

The governor even said in his speech we're allowed to take walks so I will risk it some days.  The cops around here are like Roscoe and Enos from the Dukes of Hazzard so I'm not letting them get the best of me.  I'm not really being a rebel in this anyway.  I'm not putting anyone in danger with my walks.  I almost never see anyone.

I went for a two mile walk today, I parked in the village so my car wasn't an obvious target for wandering wastrels and then climbed up the footpath over the crest of the hill and came back round in a loop along a road to my starting point, I chatted to another trekker from a safe distance and waved at some horse riders along the way 😊 

I started off on the same route today except I carried on up the hill and over the ridge, I walked about a mile along a footpath alongside some fields of spinach and then along a rural road singing safety dance most of the way 😆, even though I was miles away from any houses or people a farmer still drove by and waved at me and smiled 😊 

It was warmer today but much less windy. 

Edited by hocico

Just 1-2 miles walking each of the past 2 days. I'm kinda disappointed and I'm balancing that feeling with reality. We are to remain indoors mostly. Going out for a 1 mile walk for my mental health is still an effort worth acknowledging. 

5 hours ago, Atra said:

Just 1-2 miles walking each of the past 2 days. I'm kinda disappointed and I'm balancing that feeling with reality. We are to remain indoors mostly. Going out for a 1 mile walk for my mental health is still an effort worth acknowledging. 

Yes it is! We're doing the same thing. We've been out at least twice/day for walks as much mental as physical.

I even did Cize with my gal last night. Dance workout video. And yes this bony azz little white boy got moves!!! Lol...

On 3/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, sober4life said:

I'm taking my exercise back inside for this stay at home order in Ohio.  I'm considered a throwaway in this world.  I was lucky the last time I talked to the sheriff.  If he catches me on a bad mental health day a misdemeanor ticket will be the least of my worries.  I have to face the reality of the situation and the fact I have schizophrenia and I have to consider the world I live in.  I have to protect myself first.

You're not a throwaway, and yes I know you mean society treats and considers you that.  But, for me, others on here--like if I don't hear from you I worry and I get sad.  You're so kind, thoughtful, I, we need people like YOU.  Yes, please protect yourself, please stay safe.  You matter to me, to us here on DF.

54 minutes ago, HeatherG said:

You're not a throwaway, and yes I know you mean society treats and considers you that.  But, for me, others on here--like if I don't hear from you I worry and I get sad.  You're so kind, thoughtful, I, we need people like YOU.  Yes, please protect yourself, please stay safe.  You matter to me, to us here on DF.

You're a sweetheart.  You're making me cry!💗

I'm going to do a mostly fasting day tomorrow to get myself down to the weight I want to be.  Then from that day forward until Easter I'm going to go into full training.  I'm going to get in the best shape of my life.  I have to.  It's time.  When I was cutting the tree today I started cramping up on the ladder and didn't think was going to be able to get down.  It's pathetic.

Got a 3.6 mile walk home. People mostly being mindful of distance whilst out in the air, allowing space to pass. 

@In2deep4me I notice and appreciate your encouragement of exercise and being responsible and safe outdoors. Reading how each of us is managing is helping me balance two opposite truths: trying to fully comply with shelter directives and needing to be outside and active for a position of the day. At the moment I can't exactly describe what is my synthesis of those two truths, the scale is kinda wobbly. 

@Atra You're welcome. We're all in this together. Facing depression and uncertainty is hard. We here get that. Exercise is the one aspect of my life that has kept me healthier than most, both mentally and physically. I truly believe if we can motivate everyone on here to get up and get moving, get some steps in, get out of the house, then it's mostly positive.

Yeah it's going to be 66 degrees today.  I need to walk to the lake and back today and tomorrow.  We're allowed to go for a walk.  People know me I swear if I get a ticket walking today or tomorrow every form of media in the state will hear about it.

20 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

I truly believe if we can motivate everyone on here to get up and get moving, get some steps in, get out of the house, then it's mostly positive.

I mostly agree. What I mean is, exercise certainly benefits everyone's physical and mental health. Yet for some exercise seems to be easier to adopt as a habit while others struggle to find any exercise that isn't so awfully tedious or grueling. Accessibility, creativity and ability aren't very consistent across people, either. 

It's a dicey undertaking to motivate another without having spent a day in their shoes - still worth the effort, perhaps.