Exercise! #2

Natasha1

I went for a walk along the old railway line path , even thought its rather cold and overcast I still met an old guy with a dog, a guy jogging (he started jogging faster when he saw someone else was there watching his athletic prowess, that always used to amuse me at the gym "oh someone is looking at me,  I better do one more rep" 😆) and a couple walking along holding hands 😊

Yeah when I went for my walk yesterday I've been noticing an older woman that used to be paranoid of me walking past her house is now walking herself.  On these old backroads it's so rare to see someone walking that one time someone actually called the sheriff on me.

Funny you mention that. Where we live we have the ATT close by. It's called the American Tobacco Trail. It's a mostly paved over section of the old railroad system. Some sections are like packed dirt roads. We ride that section on our mountain bikes. We're going tomorrow. I'm getting the bikes ready today. We can continue social distancing and get in a really good workout. About 15 miles round trip on the dirt section. We'll be wearing pollen masks because the pollen had gone crazy here.

Yesterday we did 2 seperate walks through the neighborhood and around the lake. Got in a few miles and got to see some neighbors and chat, from like 15 feet away 😉

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yeah when I went for my walk yesterday I've been noticing an older woman that used to be paranoid of me walking past her house is now walking herself.  On these old backroads it's so rare to see someone walking that one time someone actually called the sheriff on me.

Oddly enough when I was in VA and walking everywhere I actually had a cop stop and asking me what I was doing,  I just told him "I'm a tourist and I am walking" which seemed to amuse him 😆

Edited by hocico

3 hours ago, hocico said:

Oddly enough when I was in VA and walking everywhere I actually had a cop stop and asking me what I was doing,  I just told him "I'm a tourist and I am walking" which seemed to amuse him 😆

I could be mad but I'm not.  The woman lives by herself and she's afraid like me.  Her coming out and talking to me and the whole situation got her to walk every day herself so I'm fine with it.

5 hours ago, hocico said:

him "I'm a tourist and I am walking" which seemed to amuse him 😆

Hmm, sounds like you were having an Englishman in New York moment there. Your Britishness was tres amusant to him 🤣 They find us freaking hilarious 😉

2.3 miles walking outside, just taking in the sun and air and... watching 2 cars collide at an intersection. Nobody hurt. 

Then I had to go home sit on my butt and work for 8 hours. 

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hope you enjoy it. I don't see a problem at all with going for a walk alone 🚶‍♂️

I don't enjoy it anymore.  I don't enjoy anything.  It helps remind me of my nothing but failure life.  I feel nothing but hate and disgust and anger for myself at this point.

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't enjoy it anymore.  I don't enjoy anything.  It helps remind me of my nothing but failure life.  I feel nothing but hate and disgust and anger for myself at this point.

I dont know if this will help but I dont see you as a failure. I just see that you're unhappy. I wish you didn't feel that way, you don't deserve it. I hope today brings a bit of relief for you. 

Hugs. 

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I dont know if this will help but I dont see you as a failure. I just see that you're unhappy. I wish you didn't feel that way, you don't deserve it. I hope today brings a bit of relief for you. 

Hugs. 

I also hope that you can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel again because usually, it's brighter

than what we give it credit for 

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hugs. 

I'm doing much better today.  Thank you my friend.  Things went way off the rails yesterday but I've fixed things and I'm doing much better today.❤️

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm doing much better today.  Thank you my friend.  Things went way off the rails yesterday but I've fixed things and I'm doing much better today.❤️

That's great to hear. We all have our bad days, but it's good to know that it's not all bad 🌼

Had an 8pm yoga session again this evening. It just kinda happened tonight. Like, a why not kinda thing. 

I had a little epiphany during the session. Or you could call it a little healing, whatever.... So you know how this goes...

During yoga 

Mind: Ooh, nightjar,  this is going really well today. OK, so it's not perfect, but it's closer than it ever has been before. I think you're actually better than ever at this. Woop! 

Mind: But perhaps your mom gave you the corona virus when she came in and sat over there. You're breathing that in very deeply. Perhaps this is the worst thing you could be doing right now. 

Mind: But, ah well, I'm sure this is good for you. Y'know it must be good for your lungs and immune system.. 

Hmm, but maybe it's not. Maybe, you are weakening it with the stress of the exercise. But, hey whatever, you carry on. 

Mind: Woah, now I think about it, I'm really pleased with how you've handled things today. You had a really balanced day and everything got done, seemingly without effort. Bloody well done there nightjar and now, to top it all off an awesome yoga sesh. Sheesh kebabs you're heading for a ten out of ten day here...

Hmm, if you take off your make up straight after this you'll be fully accomplished and complete for the day. You won't need to do anything else. You just need to take that last step. Then pow! You're a 10!! 😜

🙄 Inner child mind: Do I have to be perfect all of the time? 

Inner mother and nurturing mind:

Aww, no, that's OK, don't worry about it. Take it easy after this honey and take your make up off when you're ready. 🤗 

Edited by Nightjar

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

if you take off your make up straight after this you'll be fully accomplished and complete for the day.

That is how my perfectionist-mind sounds. 💯🌟✔️😇.  Anyway, well done you for getting in yoga at night. 

I went out for a short walk before my online meetings today. Tomorrow looks very good for a long walk. 

12 minutes ago, Atra said:

That is how my perfectionist-mind sounds. 💯🌟✔️

When I write it down I can see how no matter what I accomplish, it would never be enough to satisfy perfectionist mind. I could be sitting atop everest and berating myself for not being euphoric enough or not wearing lipstick, or saying the wrong thing when I got there, whatever. There would be something.. not quite right. 

14 minutes ago, Atra said:

Anyway, well done you for getting in yoga at night. 

Cheers dude. It helps my mind more than anything else. Body workout is a bonus 😁

I have the perfectionist mind the one that sets the bar too high hoping I fail so I feel bad about myself and go on a run with something addictive.  That's my mind a mind that's willing to punish itself as long as it gets rewarded for it in some way.