Exercise! #2

Natasha1

Just kidding! (Well, not really but...) I was feeling depressed and I forgot another cold front came in. It's in the 50s! I grabbed Etta and we walked as far down the trail as you can go, where you can see the bay but can't quite get to it (or at least I can't figure out how). We did 2.8 miles. My leg still kind of hurts and my heel on the other foot was getting sore, but I did it.

4.8 miles walking. I wish I was doing cardio. But I'm glad I'm doing something physical. I don't want to have to look for a heart transplant. I would like a brain transplant. I forget what the point of this ramble is. 

3 hours ago, Atra said:

4.8 miles walking. I wish I was doing cardio. But I'm glad I'm doing something physical. I don't want to have to look for a heart transplant. I would like a brain transplant. I forget what the point of this ramble is. 

A brain transplant I totally get it.  😂

3 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

That’s very good because something is better than nothing 

I have to remind myself of this all the time. I have such a "all or nothing" attitude that sometimes I forget it's ok to not do things perfectly. 

It's another chilly day so I'll for sure do some kind of walking once I get my coffee in.

3 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I have to remind myself of this all the time. I have such a "all or nothing" attitude that sometimes I forget it's ok to not do things perfectly. 

It's another chilly day so I'll for sure do some kind of walking once I get my coffee in.

That’s good my friend always be mindful that whatever is put in it is what will be gotten out of it 

Just walked the trail in the opposite direction for the first time in the 3 years I've been living here. I didn't know where I would end up, so it was a bit scary, but it was also a fun adventure. The park across the street is more beautiful than I thought it would be from passing it by in my car over the years. I kept going until I ended up right behind a baseball stadium where a Northern Major League team does their practices (and they were out there practicing). At that point, I didn't want to go much further so I turned around and walked back. 

One day I'm going to start at one end of the hiking trail, pass my neighborhood, and walk all the way to the other end and back. It would be about 8 miles round trip so I don't think I'm quite ready yet, but it's my ultimate goal. 

Today I went 2.91 miles altogether.

Went climbing yesterday as planned. Friend joined us so 3 people climbing in rotation. We actually spent 4 hours in the gym! Most time ever. Surprisingly I wasn't toast, other than the small knuckles at the end of my fingers. They're letting me know that I am no longer 20 years old, or 40 years old, or... yeah whatever...😉

We've top rope climbed for about 3 years. We started lead climbing about 6 months ago and practice falls are freaky. Worse than real falls because you have to actually think about it. I did a worst case fall test and dropped about 4 bolts, roughly 30 feet, before my partner caught me. You'll have to go watch some indoor sport climbing videos on youtube to understand it. Let's just say I didn't die or wet myself. So it was a passing grade.

Being an adrenalin junkie is fun, scary, and I think a bit crazy. Fortunately I have a doctors note for the crazy part! Lol...

Ok, sorry. I forgot how the react button works now until I got about halfway down, so let's just say I like all of these posts!

Well, it has been a minute since I've worked out and today still wasn't my full routine, but at least it was something. 20minutes of yoga/stretch warm-up and 15minutes of walking outside (yes, outside). It was a little warmer, I was sweating in my coat, but it was still too cold to be comfortable and my face was freezing (not literally, but it was very cold and icky)  

For those of you walking and commenting on "only" getting in ## minutes. Don't do that to yourself. The walking is good for you physically and mentally. A basic stretch to warm up or cool down is good. Most of us don't stretch enough. I know when we skip stretching and/or yoga and only workout it catches up to us. My hamstrings and glutes get so tight it literally makes my back ache a lot. I have a few stretch routines I really like that I have modified to fit my bodys needs. There are a number of yoga poses I simply will not do and that's ok too.

Some days a short walk is all you can do or fit in time wise and that's ok. Doing nothing is what works against you. I still think some of the best medicine I have ever got for depression is exercise. No SSRI or SNRI has beat that. The drugs modify yor chemistry in an attempt to help balance you. I find exercise does more than just balance me, it makes me feel good!

Good job everyone for keeping at it. That's what matters. Not giving up.