Exercise! #2

Natasha1

4.4 miles walking,10009 steps. 

I fancy those 9 steps were when I got me 5 chips ahoy cookies at work, proving yet again that a little too much exercise can be bad, lolz?

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

then eat a small supper

This is possible? 🤔 What to do, chase a single falafel ball around a plate with a fork... I dont know how to small supper. Involves small dishes, I would guess. Please tell how you small supper? 

17 hours ago, hocico said:

gentle walking

Not stomping? 😂 What do when stuck behind 5 people walking aside so that they cannot be passed. Then they are the pins and I am the bowling ball and a kerfuffle follows. Can there be another way forward? 🎳

I hurt my leg yesterday because I took off so many days in a row.  Today's exercise has been cleaning house.  Tomorrow's exercise will be spring cleaning.  Sunday will be good enough to go walking outside.  I'm so burned out on this stupid treadmill at this point!

Hmm, I did 2 good longish walks this week....One was an hour and the other about an hour and a half. I enjoyed them when I got going even though it feels very much like the apocalypse out there. I need to grow fins and gills if I want to live till I'm 80 😒🌊🌊⛈️

Also did a nice full strength yoga sesh on Tuesday...the only other exercise I got was walking around town for a couple hours on Thursday and cleaning.  Not bad, methinks 😊😀

Will be hoovering lots today and then the plan for tomorrow is full strength yoga before Sunday din dins 😋

Edited by Nightjar

did some yoga/stretching this afternoon

now I just finished 33min walk for 1.7mi (new record?) and then chest presses and lat pulldowns...i should probably stretch, but I wanted to check in. ;)...since it's been awhile since I did weights, I hope I can sleep tonight. Last time I was up till like 6 if I remember correctly. Eek!

Interesting anxiousE. I find weights to be a bigger stress than cardio workouts and I sleep fine after. I usually workout around 6pm and find it helps with going to bed earlier.

Good job on the walking and running folks. I can walk about a mile then I just get bored with it. Running is too painful on my joints so that's out. Bikes on the other hand are fine. I can ride 15 mile and feel good.

37 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

Interesting anxiousE. I find weights to be a bigger stress than cardio workouts and I sleep fine after. I usually workout around 6pm and find it helps with going to bed earlier.

Good job on the walking and running folks. I can walk about a mile then I just get bored with it. Running is too painful on my joints so that's out. Bikes on the other hand are fine. I can ride 15 mile and feel good.

I should ride my bike more.  I could probably ride this road in front of my house to town and back and that would be about 20 miles.  It's something to think about when I get sick of walking.

Edited by sober4life

1 hour ago, evalynn said:

I never learned how to ride a bike. I was too scared. So far I've met about three other people who've never learned either. 

It was one of the things I was forced to learn as a kid.  Dad knew I wasn't like others so I was forced to learn anything that resembled a sport.

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

I should ride my bike more.  I could probably ride this road in front of my house to town and back and that would be about 20 miles.  It's something to think about when I get sick of walking.

Exactly. I go ride these trails that they converted from old railroad lines. Part of it is still dirt/gravel and the rest is paved. We run the dirt/gravel part since we have mountain bikes with aggressive tires for fire roads and full dirt trails. It's not the most scenic but we have enough different trails to ride that we can change things up.

We walk our neighborhood which is not bad and there is a lake with walking trail very close by.

15 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Weights can be a bigger stress, but the payout is better. I feel stronger and can stretch better after a day or too. And if I haven't done weights in awhile, it actually can release stress because my body is actually craving that stimulation.

I also get so bored with walking long. I almost always need music or some distraction. And I have also been getting blisters on my ankles after walking so much. I'm a mess! 😛 I CAN run or jog, but I get breathless pretty quickly. Was working up to longer bursts, but then I had to restart everything after a depressed episode and I've just been enjoying my brisk walking too much to do more...although, sometimes I do skip or chase so I guess that's pretty intense. But I have to be in a mood for it. Again, it's usually if I haven't worked out in awhile and I've energy built up.

oh, and I don't have a bike. 😞

Edited by anxiousE

I did an upper body workout today and its always my favorite. Everytime its stretch day or upperbody day it feels like a fun day. The other 5 days just are not as fun. But I love exercise. The pain and the struggle I experience in my exercise is symbolic of the pain and struggle I have contending with others, contending with myself.

It is through the pain and challenge that our bodies adapt. It is through tearing down our muscles that they rebuild to become stronger.

As my will increases I can push myself to greater capacities. I can be anything I want to be when I workout and release all my feelings. I love it.

It's very hard right now on 3 straight days where I will feel like sleeping all day because we're in the freezer I have to drink enough coffee to swing myself forward enough to spring forward.  The right thing is to do the treadmill the next 3 days and then walk on Sunday.  It has to be done!

Did weights last night. Doing a modified version of the Stronglifts 5x5. I think I like doing full body in the same workout instead of upper one day then lower next. My leg strength is fine for what I want to do but upper body needs more help. Main focus is on climbing and it's fairly abusive on upper body. Especially fingers, forearms and triceps.

- anxiousE, you can get a used bike cheap. Nextdoor is great for finding stuff your neighbor doesn't need or want anymore. You can get it cheap and it'll be close by.

- evergreenforest. I'm with you. My workout is mine. I decide and I control what I do. I track my routine so I can push more weight or reps in a methodical way. That way I see myself getting stronger and I feel better about it.

I haven't really  done anything this week. I'm about to just write this month off. My leg doesn't hurt as bad right now, but I still just want to lie here and do nothing all day. And I've been eating too many chocolate-covered pretzels. Keeping stuff like that in the house is a stupid idea. 

9 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

- anxiousE, you can get a used bike cheap. Nextdoor is great for finding stuff your neighbor doesn't need or want anymore. You can get it cheap and it'll be close by.

I agree.  My bike is another thing I got for free for helping someone move.  I got the treadmill I used all winter the same way.  They are both things that a lot of people get when they're riding a manic high or trying to keep a promise to someone else about losing weight and it soon begins to collect dust.  They become the perfect opportunity for people that enjoy exercise.