TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

Did something stupid last night and now I'm trying to undo it. 

Also I could be doing something important right now but I'm procrastinating instead. C'est la vie.

I enjoyed going out like a sweaty pig today.  You know you go out dirty with uncombed hair and every time someone tries to talk to you you scream Elmo!  That's really the only word you need in public.😃

That I'm a pessimist whose always expecting and mentally preparing myself for the worst to happen. And then when it does, I feel justified to feel that way. I need to stop always focusing on the negative or I'll never be happy. I need to make gratitude and positive thinking an everyday practice. I need to learn how to calm down.

1 hour ago, evalynn said:

That I'm a pessimist whose always expecting and mentally preparing myself for the worst to happen. And then when it does, I feel justified to feel that way. I need to stop always focusing on the negative or I'll never be happy. I need to make gratitude and positive thinking an everyday practice. I need to learn how to calm down.

Ahh, yup, i fit that shoe also, I'll let you know if i ever figure that out

Ok so if there's rich people and poor people then why is all the lower priced items in the store sold out before the higher priced items. If everyone is in the same boat then someone needs to lower all the prices so that all the items can be purchased at an affordable price. Whos going to buy $15 laundry detergent. If that was all there was on the shelf i would just use soap shampoo or bar soap. I would never just pay $15 to get tide because it was required to wash clothes.    

I saw a wheelbarrow for 250 dollars the other day.  They called it a feed cart to justify charging that much.  A feed cart is just big wheelbarrow.  Come on!  Rich people buy cheap things though that's the real truth.  I've known rich people and they got that way by being the cheapest person you'll ever meet.

38 minutes ago, watalife said:

@sober4life petsmart has doubled all there prices on the smallest of items. Cat furniture is now $200 instead of $100 and a $5 cat mouse is now $10 👀 👀 👀 I walked right on out of there. What a joke.

I looked online and saw remote control mice.  That would be fun.  You should try that.

I wish my neighbor would control their cat, she has it in all day and puts it out at bedtime for the night, im sick of cat poop in my mulch and paw prints on my car and everywhere else, she's making me despise cats

It's weird.  Cats climb on cars because birds hang out around cars a lot because they see their reflection in the side mirrors so they think their reflection is a rival bird.  Once I started covering the side mirrors both problems went away at least as far as the car goes.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do to pass the time now that I'm very fatigued with poor concentration these days. The only thing I can think of is read, but I couldn't even finish the last book I tried to read--and I'd read it before, a few years ago, and liked it! I have to find something more light I guess. Maybe short stories. Anything has to be better than just letting my thoughts spin around my head constantly.

Posted (edited)

I can't concentrate enough to read a book anymore and I'm to the stage where I'm old and stubborn and pretending I can still see up close anyway.  I usually sit around and watch dopey cartoons or sitcoms where I don't really have to think anymore.

Edited by sober4life

They don't want to come right out and say it but tv wise they have run out of ideas.  If I was a tv executive I wouldn't have idea where to go from here.  I would be thinking I think we're near the end of this.  If that's true then what happens?  It used to be lots of big shows people would talk about and say I can't wait to see the next show.  It's all crap now.

Posted (edited)

How can someone have everything and anything and not do anything to deserve it. This world is a straight up crock and I will be glad when it's over. Amen and hallelujah that!

Edited by watalife

Thinking about my cousin who died last year a month after her mom died. She had mental health issues and lived at home and was very close to her mom. They both died of pneumonia. I heard from other family that she just didn't want to live anymore after her mom died. And I think about how people can just get to such a desolate place that even their body gives up. I was so sad for my cousin but also for her brother and sisters too.

I was wondering how much further down I would have to go to reach that point. I don't have much interest in fighting for my life anymore.

They're coming tomorrow to "measure the bedrooms" for some unspecified reasons. They said I have time to find a new place, but somehow I doubt it. When they're starting to engage like this after a long silence, I suspect they'll want to kick me out a lot sooner than stated previously.

I have learned my lesson long ago: Just expect people always to let you down and you'll never be disappointed.

10 hours ago, anon22ae said:

They're coming tomorrow to "measure the bedrooms" for some unspecified reasons. They said I have time to find a new place, but somehow I doubt it. When they're starting to engage like this after a long silence, I suspect they'll want to kick me out a lot sooner than stated previously.

I have learned my lesson long ago: Just expect people always to let you down and you'll never be disappointed.

that sounds very suspicious, i'd be asking questions

5 hours ago, surfcaster said:

that sounds very suspicious, i'd be asking questions

Yes, though even if I get answers, I doubt I'll like them (assuming they're true). Best just to leave this behind and find a place where I have no dependencies on anyone.