TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

17 hours ago, hocico said:

The fact that is seems hard for me to have simple relationships, they always end up messy or complicated or a total disaster.

I have the same problem myself.  I used to be hard on myself but has anyone I've ever known had a relationship that seemed good ever?  No not really.  Honestly for me why can't I have a good relationship with a person almost feels like saying why can't I hug a grizzly bear and have good results.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have the same problem myself.  I used to be hard on myself but has anyone I've ever known had a relationship that seemed good ever?  No not really.  Honestly for me why can't I have a good relationship with a person almost feels like saying why can't I hug a grizzly bear and have good results.

That true, I guess sometimes we feel its just us but it isn't, Thanks Sober

I know many of you haven't decided yet what to get me for Christmas.  I know it's early, but the news--of all kinds--keeps telling me that folks better get my gifts NOW.  There will be nothing left for last-minute shopping this year.  Everything but the cream of mushroom soup will be gone by mid November. 

Bulgakov

i have a blog that i write a post everyday about using w-e-e-d to give relief to bipolar and ptsd. I was asked to write for another website yesterday and i made my first article about my story and new non-profit that seeks to give relief to bipolar people.

My 5th anniversary with my company came and went recently and was not in any way acknowledged by my boss. I kind of knew that would be the case because she and the company are terrible at communicatons but it still kind of stings and is bothering me more that it probably should. I don’t care about a gift or dinner or something like that a simple few line email would have sufficed.

12 hours ago, monicott17 said:

My 5th anniversary with my company came and went recently and was not in any way acknowledged by my boss. I kind of knew that would be the case because she and the company are terrible at communicatons but it still kind of stings and is bothering me more that it probably should. I don’t care about a gift or dinner or something like that a simple few line email would have sufficed.

Its unfortunate that they would not acknowledge those who have been influential in contributing to the success of the company.  That happens a lot.  Perhaps it may be insecurity on their part and they feel threatened by you.  Anyway, keep doing your job and lift your head up high.  Eventually someone will take note of your contributions and acknowledge you.

I'm an early bird but I'm getting a slow start this morning.  I feel fine and all is well with me.  Nothing stressful going on.  It just brothers me sometimes when I'm not on schedule to start my day as I plan.  I shouldn't be fretting since I'm retired and not on anybody's clock.  I'm flexible but having structure and consistency is important in maintaining stability in my life.  Oh well, here's' to a great day.

I'm really surprised and have to treat myself to some sorbet ice-cream.  I've accomplished soo much today after getting a slow start that tomorrow should be one of pleasure and relaxation.  Might do a little shopping for my laundry room.  

I was asking myself earlier why was I feeling a little anxious.  Maybe because Thanksgiving and Christmas are soon approaching, and I'll be traveling to visit relatives who I love and enjoy their company, at least for a short period of time.  I don't stay too long because I get over stimulated by the festivities.  I'm treating myself to a vacation for 16 days at the end of December to celebrate my 59th birthday.  I'm visiting some South America countries, Mexico, Aruba, and the Panama Canal.  So I should be excited.  But I really haven't been thinking about the trip much.  Hopefully when the time comes I won't wind up missing any of my tours because I don't feel up to going on it.  That has happen before, more than once when I visited Asia and Europe.  No matter where I go the Bipolar and anxiety goes with me.  

Anyway, for the remainder of the day I'm going to take clonazepam and just relax, watch tennis on my computer and a movie on the TV.

My bipolar disorder makes me enjoy vacation too much.  16 days I would probably get about 16 hours of sleep the whole time.  I would be afraid of the crash when I got back.  As for the holidays I will have family here for a whole week for Thanksgiving.  It's why I had the breakdown because I basically agreed to it in a manic episode.🤨

31 minutes ago, sober4life said:

My bipolar disorder makes me enjoy vacation too much.  16 days I would probably get about 16 hours of sleep the whole time.  I would be afraid of the crash when I got back.  As for the holidays I will have family here for a whole week for Thanksgiving.  It's why I had the breakdown because I basically agreed to it in a manic episode.🤨

Sober4life,

Fortunate for me I'll be traveling to see them and staying at a hotel.  I never have anyone to stay in my home because I would have a nervous breakdown.  When I'm visiting them I can leave and retreat to the hotel.

When I travel abroad I'm alone.  If I don't feel up to going on a particular tour I reschedule if I can.  Of course, I wind up paying an additional fee but that's the price I pay in dealing with anxiety and bipolar I.

Good luck to you during Thanksgiving.