TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

18 hours ago, Charlee said:

I dont know, I dont buy into that, sure maybe people do really regret it at the last second, but i think youre really really sure if youve made your plan and said your goodbyes, if your having doubts then thats what you should stop and turn around and go back. Obviously its not as easy and simple as that because emotions and adrenaline come in, it never is. Finding finger nails in nooses would be pretty airy... that wouldnt be my choice to do it

In my mind, at least, everyone has a fraction of time when they'd go through it. For most, it's 0%, or so I would hope. 100% means you have no wish to live at all.

If it's 20%, this means you'd go actually go through with it about 1/5 of the time. However, I suspect many or most switch back to their "want to stay alive" phase when about to "succeed" in their attempt. That's where intervention comes in: If someone is there for the person, it will save their life.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:54 PM, sober4life said:

I'm waiting for good music.  The music right now is about as bad as it was right before the great music came in the 90s.  Surely there are plenty of people hiding away practicing right now.

what do you consider the good and bad of the 90s just curious i love the 90s and early 00's that was the last great music scenes if you ask me.

Supporting my son even more,he has been seeing a therapist and was diagnosed with being bigender on Wednesday. Ex wife is even supportive too and glad she is,told him she loves him still no matter what.He is 18 still will crossdress part time deciding when he wants to dress as his female ego at times.

9 hours ago, isaac s said:

what do you consider the good and bad of the 90s just curious i love the 90s and early 00's that was the last great music scenes if you ask me.

When it was at the point of hair bands I thought it was over for music.  Nirvana, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains saved things in my opinion.

Agreed thats was a revival alternative music is the last of rock n roll i think i dont know where it can go but there is alot of different styles... oh but i did like some of the emo electronic music "alternative" music of the 80s.

soundgarden is my fav out of those chris cornel was a genius.

17 hours ago, surfcaster said:

There should be a delete button to delete posts we wish we didn't make

yea i noticed you cant delete things weird o_o sometimes i obsess over things i post and want to delete them lol its not fun

2 minutes ago, isaac s said:

yea i noticed you cant delete things weird o_o sometimes i obsess over things i post and want to delete them lol its not fun

Yeah that's how i felt yesterday,  i thought i was away from this site for way too long and felt i didn't have the right to post crap about me before i post helpful stuff and wished i could've deleted

3 hours ago, isaac s said:

Agreed thats was a revival alternative music is the last of rock n roll i think i dont know where it can go but there is alot of different styles... oh but i did like some of the emo electronic music "alternative" music of the 80s.

soundgarden is my fav out of those chris cornel was a genius.

I don't like 80s music because back when I was in school teachers were allowed to do whatever they wanted for the most part and you had to do whatever your teacher said or you'd be in trouble no matter how ridiculous they were.  Anyway I had a teacher that found out all the kids hated 80s music so he would play 80s videos all day in class.  How is this class someone will say.  I don't know but it was.  All of my teachers were much closer to being absurd South Park characters than actual teachers.

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't like 80s music because back when I was in school teachers were allowed to do whatever they wanted for the most part and you had to do whatever your teacher said or you'd be in trouble no matter how ridiculous they were.  Anyway I had a teacher that found out all the kids hated 80s music so he would play 80s videos all day in class.  How is this class someone will say.  I don't know but it was.  All of my teachers were much closer to being absurd South Park characters than actual teachers.

what about the 60 or 70's. when i was in junior high i listened to the partridge family, then before high school my mom wanted to man me up so she got me albums (not ipod back then) of Three Dog Night, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.

4 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

what about the 60 or 70's. when i was in junior high i listened to the partridge family, then before high school my mom wanted to man me up so she got me albums (not ipod back then) of Three Dog Night, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.

The 60s, 70s and 90s were great.  I have no idea what they were thinking in the 80s.  The 90s were great because the music spoke to a lot of people that felt like outsiders at the time.  You went from being an outsider to being one of the cool kids overnight.  60s and 70s had the most amazing musical talent in my opinion.

Edited by sober4life

On 9/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, sober4life said:

The 60s, 70s and 90s were great.  I have no idea what they were thinking in the 80s.  The 90s were great because the music spoke to a lot of people that felt like outsiders at the time.  You went from being an outsider to being one of the cool kids overnight.  60s and 70s had the most amazing musical talent in my opinion.

Yes, but while the 80s gave us Menudo, the 90s gave us New Kids on the Block, which sort of throws a wrench into things. 🙂

To be fair, though, I didn't have the same low opinion of those as everyone I knew did (and I mean everyone!)

9 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Yes, but while the 80s gave us Menudo, the 90s gave us New Kids on the Block, which sort of throws a wrench into things. 🙂

To be fair, though, I didn't have the same low opinion of those as everyone I knew did (and I mean everyone!)

Ok there was bad too.  MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Achy Breaky Heart, Backstreet Boys, Hanson.🤔

On 9/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, crewneck said:

Wondering where I went wrong. I haven't felt this depressed in years...I few posts ago I was on top of the world. Maybe that was just the start of my downfall.

For me going from top of the world to crashing down is my bipolar mood swings. Not sure what your diagnoses are but me bipolar 1 and PTSD

On 9/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, sober4life said:

Of course we had rap music from Shaq and Will Smith that was really good too.🙄😂

Yep, the best rap was done in the 80's: Fat Boys, Run-DMC, Ice-T, etc.

Except for LL Cool J. LL Cool J is the only one that wasn't cool 😂

After all these decades, somehow I still remember a bunch of lyrics from passive memorization, thanks to everyone playing it all the time in school: E.g.:

Dust is burnin', the steerin' wheel's turnin'
I'm out a week, I'm already earnin'
Suckers crossed, tonight's their loss
Payback time, boy, life's the cost
Gauges out the window, one lay 'cross the roof
They all die if them suckers ain't bulletproof
I'm rollin', death tollin', of course the car's stolen
But I'm blind to what's wrong, all I want is what's golden
A fool in a fight, too damn dumb to know right
F****n' blue lights, read 'em their rights

Drama

I copped an alias, got out in an hour or less
I keep a bank for that, don't know about the rest
Copped another piece, hit the dark streets
Rollin' once again, f**k the damn police!

That's just a small fragment of one song. 😂

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's a very sad day.  Rest in peace Norm Macdonald!😭

SNL is unwatchable these days and has been for awhile. In the days of Norm, Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Farley…it was actually funny and they went after pretty much everyone and everything without worry.The “Weekend Update” segments were the best. Comedy will never be like that again.

31 minutes ago, watalife said:

If drugs were legal that would be my new addiction. Reality really sucks. 

If I could just go to the gas station or local supermarket and get it I would be in trouble for sure.  The constant drama surrounding it is the biggest thing that keeps me sober.