TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

Why does everyone keep on keeping my change? Yesterday it was $1 and today was 5 cent. I know that's not much but I was a cashier for 20 years and I never kept anyones money! What the hell world is this? I'm not giving out money! From now on im speaking up!!! 

The more money you have the more stuff you accumulate. I'm glad I'm poor because I would need a warehouse for bulk soap shampoo and toilet paper. 😄

Edited by watalife
Somebody changed my spelling

2 hours ago, watalife said:

The more money you have the more stuff you accumulate. I'm glad I'm poor because I would need a warehouse for bulk soap shampoo and toilet paper. 😄

I'm the same way.  I'm always afraid of running out of everything so I stock up on everything.  I probably have 50 rolls of toilet paper right now and that is what's left over from the beginning of the pandemic when everyone stocked up.

The vet just called me about mini lion's ashes. They should be back within a week. Pretty horrible to get that call. I had to say how I wanted them contained 😞 Me and my psychic powers had a disturbed sleep last night. Somehow I knew that call was coming. 

Edited by Nightjar

This apartment is ruining my life. It stinks, the location is now congested,  there are no jobs besides restuarants and retail, there's no where close by to walk, neighbor is a hagarilla, did I mention it stinks, how am I going to get to the next phase of my life? Unfortunately I think this is it, my final resting place. I will just keep getting sicker until I can get out of here. Or die here. 

Well, this was indeed a heat wave for the ages. 3 straight days of 100+. All-time records broken, and not by just a couple of degrees. Approached 120 in some hotspots.

Global warming supposedly contributed only 1-2 extra degrees to this. Naturally, this makes people think it's not a problem. But it's a bit like saying that everything's OK because just a little bit of the house has burned thus far.

The weather here is much more unstable than it was when I was younger.  Most of the year it's like me out there.  Something is certainly going on.  I don't see people saving this place though.  They're more antisocial than ever.  Techonology shows that.  We don't want to see people in person or talk to them anymore than we need to.  People care about their small circle of people and want the rest of the people to go away.  I totally see the end of the world coming and I don't think anyone will really try to stop it.

Not only did I have a bad day today I came home and couldn't even watch my show. Any other person who lives this sort of life would have gave up already. Its like someone whose already dead who keeps getting kicked.

Edited by watalife

On 7/1/2021 at 1:07 AM, watalife said:

After blatant realization, people only want to here themselves talk. Maybe my tone sounds dumb and people just want me to shut up but some people just won't let you get a word in.

So true! This is part of the reason why I am skipping an upcoming get to together. A family member of my sister in law likes to talk. And talk. And talk. About his endless Disney trips (as an aside, I am not a fan of Disney and don’t care to hear about it) and his cross country drive this summer. And his farm equipment. He’s a nice guy and means well but goes on and on and on and no one else says much. Plus, he’s got a louder speaking voice and that combined with boring conversation topics triggers my anxiety.