TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

For the first time, I'm afraid to win-- I'm afraid of the job.

And afraid to lose, I'm afraid I won't get it.

Dang my insecurities.  

Edited by HeatherG
fixed sentences

Wendy's used to have good nuggets. Not anymore. Now they are rubber cartlige bites. All the restuarants are getting crappier and crappier. I guess it's time to stick to home food or just stop eating everything all together. 

This has been a food update from watalife.

Edited by watalife

I like Wendy's.  It's one of the few places I can still eat at.  I used to work there a long time ago.  The thing that always irritated me about them is they have a thing with giving their fish or chicken sandwiches these names that make them seem like it's rare fish or chicken so they can charge like 4 or 5 dollars for a sandwich when in reality it's no better than what I have in the freezer.

I can't stop thinking about the future. Both good and bad. Years ago I remember reading a Wait But Why article titled "Your Life in Weeks". I keep reflecting on that. Our lives are short when we think of our lives in terms of weeks. And that can be quite depressing. Putting our whole life in weeks on a grid puts things into perspective (Just Google Your life in weeks. There are many calculators online). But it's a stark reminder of how little time we actually have. 

18 hours ago, watalife said:

Wendy's used to have good nuggets. Not anymore. Now they are rubber cartlige bites. All the restuarants are getting crappier and crappier. I guess it's time to stick to home food or just stop eating everything all together. 

This has been a food update from watalife.

Used to love their Frosty’s but have not had one or been to a Wendy’s in years. Not certain they are even still a thing but I am suddenly craving one now, lol!

I am with you though on restaurants...especially in the world after Covid. A number of places I frequent have drastically cut back their menus and one place in particular won’t even give you a menu at all..you have to scan the QR code on your phone. No more salt, pepper or ketchup on tables either and asking for it can be kind of an ordeal. 

This year we'll be lucky if we get napkins unless we ask for them.  The thing I've been hearing lately at stores is do you need a bag?  That's how cheap they are at this point.  They don't even want to pay for bags for our items.

I saw one of the rabbits trying to eat one of the flowers.  I usually take down my hanging plants when it's raining and put them somewhere where they can get better rain.  So now I have one less rabbit.🙄The real story I felt bad about taking the flower from the rabbits.🥴

1. I don't seem to have a problem sticking up for myself anymore 🤔

2. Meditation saved my life. Probably. 

3. When I see people with a social life, I look at them with awe and wonder 🤔That's how long it's been since I had one. 

4. I'm not sure that force quitting an addiction is necessarily a good thing... Maybe better to let it run it's course 🤔

5. My life is very small compared to a lot of people but maybe that's ok. My life is my life. Nothing to do with anyone else. 

6. Will I ever go to a yoga class again after covid? Do I even want to take the risk? 

7. Sometimes, rather than telling someone to 'keep going!' it may be more appropriate to tell them that quitting is entirely the right thing to do 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

Went to the store and wanted to purchase ice cream and 5 minutes out of the freezer and the ice cream was mushy. And my snack cakes icing was melted on to wrapper. I only live 1 minute from the store also. 😭😣 I didn't buy the ice cream.

I can't believe we live in a world where the food you eat can **** you and makes our bodies look horrible. I know it's my own fault but back in the day I don't think there was as many fat people. What a sad boring life. Oh well back to shopping. 😴 what's the deal with diet coke. I see mostly overweight people drinking them and it's not doing them any good. So why should I drink it. Do you think that is a good idea to drink diet brand.

Just now, watalife said:

Do you think that is a good idea to drink diet brand.

I drink Coke Zero.  It has the best taste of the diets for me.  I don't want to know what makes it sweet, but I drink a lot of it. 

Bulgakov