TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

The state I live in is so unbelievably awful and gets worse with each passing day.  Worst of all, I am stuck here for the foreseeable future for many reasons, main one being my deteriorating mental health.

Also, have my bi-weekly conference call with my boss tomorrow which I am a bit nervous about. Been procrastinating on some things that I will probably hear about.

22 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Why does a retail empire still conduct business like a used car lot?  I bet you've seen versions of this old marketing technique.  The language and linkage of the Amazon Prime pitch is the most insidious--creepy like the movie--of all.

Many online/streaming services are like that. The cable company is worse because you can't realistically cancel your service online. You have to call a number get sales pitched to death. Cancelling Spectrum was a royal pita. FuboTv is a pain also. I like Netflix and think it's well worth their price. We watch that more than regular Tv. The streaming service regular Tv channels has become a cluster f#$k now too. The more I leave the Tv off the more I'm enjoying it...

I will say it's easy to cancel Netflix but they pretty much keep your account there forever because they know it's only a matter of time until you're back.  I'm never excited to go back.  It's always a feeling of being drawn back.  Maybe it's the fact that they send you 10 emails a day or something trying to draw you back.  If there was a drug dealer down by the mail box constantly yelling up here come back I miss you we used to be great friends all day I would probably go back too.

YoutubeTV also keeps your account but they don't harass you to come back. We tried FuboTV for a while and the DVR cloud recordings get all screwed up. The basic system allows 30hrs without an upcharge. So we went back to YoutubeTV and they had all my settings saved and it took all of a few minutes to get going. Fubo was sending me we love you and miss you email. I did Unsubscribe to all email and I no longer get any. I setup filters to just throw some companies or domains in the trash so I don't even deal with them.

I use a Roku for streaming and their Roku channel (the free part) is pretty darned good. Especially if you like old series. They have lots and all seasons of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think maybe I'll just start turning the tables on people at this point.  Since hi how are you has been a lifetime with a grimace on the face of the other person hoping I'll say oh shucks I'm just fine so they can pretend to care about me in the beginning so they can unload all of their problems on my head maybe I will tell them how I feel.  Maybe I will go on and on for 2 and a half or 3 hours about how I feel because you wanted to know right?😡

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 5:51 AM, Atra said:

I've also been wondering where is @evalynn and what is she doing and when will she be back. I would like to think she is rescuing puppies from burning buildings then handing them to orphans all while home schooling kids over Zoom. I hope she is okay. 

I wonder about her too!  I think I even once left a message on her page "miss you"?  I really hope she's okay!  She, like you, adds to that comfy family feeling on here.  @evalynn

35 minutes ago, HeatherG said:

I wonder about her too!  I think I even once left a message on her page "miss you"?  I really hope she's okay!  She, like you, adds to that comfy family feeling on here.  @evalynn

She popped in on the games section a couple of times I think and even said something like when you least expect to see me here I am and then vanished again.:unsure:

I swear my phone watched me doing yoga the other day and listens to the music I play in the car. Because every single yoga pose I did popped up on pinterest afterwards and suddenly I was getting quotes of Sheryl Crow on there too when I was listening to her CD 🤔

It's quite possible I suppose that my phone is monitoring me 24/7. Probably knows what I had for breakfast and how many hours sleep I had too 🍳

You could call me paranoid and you might be right but just because you're paranoid,  it doesn't mean they're not out to get you 😂

Edited by Nightjar

The paranoid person is always just the first one that's right about things that are going on around them.  Ok enough we're sorry we said we didn't want to have commercials anymore!  Bring them back and remove all the cameras and bugs from my house you pass off as technology I need.

My neighbor saw me carry in a new item and she didn't say anything when I walked by. Then she walks buy calling me foolish. Again. She does it when I bring stuff in by the butt loads. The only thing I know that's foolish is walking around with short shorts and a skimpy top and then getting mad when people stare at you. 👀😖 I'm living my best cat life and I'm trying hard to play the role of crazy cat lady. 😚

11 minutes ago, watalife said:

My neighbor saw me carry in a new item and she didn't say anything when I walked by. Then she walks buy calling me foolish. Again. She does it when I bring stuff in by the butt loads. The only thing I know that's foolish is walking around with short shorts and a skimpy top and then getting mad when people stare at you. 👀😖 I'm living my best cat life and I'm trying hard to play the role of crazy cat lady. 😚

It takes nerve.  Who the hell is she to tell you what to buy?  It's why I don't talk to my neighbors.  None of them know anything about me or have any idea how I survive.  They might remember my name but I'm not sure.

Will they fix the stove today?

Does this place have high mold and is it making me sick?

Any ideas for mold testing?

It's another day of swirling insanity or brutal reality.

I always feel sick here. I know it's here because I've cleaned it off before but what about where you don't see?

I'm hungry. 😢

35 minutes ago, watalife said:

The man they sent couldn't fix the stove. Do you think the average person could change the display on their own?

I've never fixed a stove.  I'm sure if something goes wrong with the one I have I'll be watching youtube videos trying to do it myself.  It's tough though like if it's hooked up to gas it could be dangerous doing it yourself.

Did you know Disney/ABC is hiring screenwriters?  Every May, until June 7th I believe, they open a big casting call for writers/scripts/TV screenwriters.  Just FYI.  That's all I know..