TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

Dentistry is such a racket. I wanted to fix some teeth but it's going to run $5000 or more. Yanking them is $350 apiece. Guess I'll walk around in pain with an abscess in my jaw until I absolutely cannot stand it anymore.

36 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Dentistry is such a racket. I wanted to fix some teeth but it's going to run $5000 or more. Yanking them is $350 apiece. Guess I'll walk around in pain with an abscess in my jaw until I absolutely cannot stand it anymore.

It is a racket.  I've always thought a lot of their work they do causes problems down the road and they know that.  Honestly can you really repair teeth?  They'll tell you they can though and not too far down the road charge you to pull them too.  I'm to the point in my life where I say there's no such thing as good.

@JD4010 it sure is. I spent $400 on many fillings to fix only half of my 32 teeth. One had to be redone the next day and the others fell out within 3 months. I never went back for the other half of the work after that. I could have lost one in the front if I hadn't told him to stop. He was burning up the drill on all mine.

Edited by watalife

12 hours ago, watalife said:

On the day I finally wake up and catch the news the whole world has gone to hell but worse. I better just stay in my bubble and live there forever like I have my whole life

I need a bubble like that. In fact, I'm in the market for one, but there's a bubble bubble right now, it seems. Everyone is buying up all available bubbles and jacking up the prices. 😞

4 hours ago, watalife said:

The upcoming toilet paper shortage. Or are they just wanting us to buy more toilet paper. 

Well they're helping us predicting the future.  It's certainly not some greedy company owner using a pandemic to their advantage by creating the shortage through panic.

True story: I once ran out of tissue in the wilderness and used poison ivy leaves instead. (I didn't know that's what they were at the time.) Strangely enough, most of the subsequent blistering was on my hands, with almost none where you would most expect it. From some investigation, it appears this was because urushiol oil (the active ingredient in poison ivy) has to sit on the skin for a few minutes before it seeps in and starts to take effect. When you wipe, you're actually getting rid of most of it or spreading it around so thinly that it does little damage.

It goes without saying that if you happen to touch poison ivy, you have a few minutes to wipe or wash it off and prevent most of the unfortunate consequences.

I don't understand soap operas anymore.  I've been watching most of my life.  There are some characters that are still around that I can remember for as long as I can remember and some of them still seem to work on the show but they don't seem to have any ability to bring in new characters that last anymore especially villains.  They are usually so pathetic it makes you laugh.

54 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I've just eaten a packet of gone off crisps. They tasted funny but I ate them anyway 🤷‍♀️

It's the same story with all food right now.  All food is worse than it's ever been because businesses don't lose money.  They will make us pay more for crap and we're close right now but everything will eventually taste awful and we'll still eat it because it's all there is.  Not a chance any of the frozen meat is real meat anymore.  We live in a world that will probably say why give the consumer chicken when we have this rat problem at the moment.  The rats are free.😃

Ok so they say most all cats have the virus and we'll with my experience it must be true. My boy cat had very little symptoms a cough here and there,  eyes not that red when I first got him. Now that I've brought the other cat in , who sounded a little congested when holding her, owner didn't say nothing about it, well now my boy has it real bad. Chest rumbling and throat gulping. I am so done with cats. I wish the shelters were more clean but I guess that's too much. But this is ridiculous. And sad as ****! I wonder what it's like to not have problems to worry about. I'm sick of this shit. 

Amazon Prime plays the movie straight away.  Then you get an email congratulating you for taking the free thirty-day trial . . . which will automatically sign you up for regular pricing at the end of your trial.  And if you go to unjoin from the free trial, which is never made easy, you have to navigate several pages trying to "stupid" shame you into changing your mind.  A final email said they were sorry I wasn't happy, but I was welcome back anytime.  Why does a retail empire still conduct business like a used car lot?  I bet you've seen versions of this old marketing technique.  The language and linkage of the Amazon Prime pitch is the most insidious--creepy like the movie--of all.    I like Amazon overall though and have purchased stuff for years.  It's just playing the Amazon Prime shell game I don't like.   

Bulga Prime

(Here is first paragraph of last post---DF software had a glitch.)

Joined Amazon Prime . . . again.  Anyone have web access to Amazon movies?  How many have accidentally joined Amazon Prime movies?  It only takes one click to join if you use Amazon for purchases, they have your cc number, had mine.   If you are sleepy and sometimes forgetful, you might hit the play button on a film selection,  and you have effectively joined. 

14 hours ago, watalife said:

Ok so they say most all cats have the virus and we'll with my experience it must be true. My boy cat had very little symptoms a cough here and there,  eyes not that red when I first got him. Now that I've brought the other cat in , who sounded a little congested when holding her, owner didn't say nothing about it, well now my boy has it real bad. Chest rumbling and throat gulping. I am so done with cats. I wish the shelters were more clean but I guess that's too much. But this is ridiculous. And sad as ****! I wonder what it's like to not have problems to worry about. I'm sick of this shit. 

My cat coughs too. And has occasional runny eyes. I thought that it would get better but it hasn't really and it's a part of our daily life. I do worry when she coughs but afterwards she's ok again. She's still happy and we love each other. They can still live long and happy lives with chronic coughs etc ❤️