TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It makes me angry when I look outside and see the neighbor's cows laying out there in the cold.  Cows are very lovable friendly creatures and they are treated terribly in this world!  People single out certain animals and treat them badly or speak badly about them just like they do with people.  The hamster is cute but is the mouse or rat really much different and look at the difference at how they are treated.

A friend has cows right in her backyard and I remember her friends saying cows were such dum animals. 😒😡I was like, the only person I know thats dum is you!

Edited by watalife

3 minutes ago, watalife said:

A friend has cows right in her backyard and I remember her friends saying cows were such dum animals. 😒😡

They're very nice animals.  I've been inside the fence with them plenty of times.  Most of them are very friendly.  They are much bigger than you realize though.  You have to wear steel toed boots around them or they could break your foot if they step on it.

14 minutes ago, watalife said:

A friend has cows right in her backyard and I remember her friends saying cows were such dum animals. 😒😡I was like, the only person I know thats dum is you!

I’ve grown such a soft spot for cows. If anything, sometimes seeing them reminds me of how bad I feel that I’m not vegetarian. But I plan to go sometime within these next couple of years— I feel bad for eating meat

Both of my therapists have told me I shouldn't be bothered when classmates of mine are rude, but instead take pride that I'm more adult than they are because I'm not rude in return. One of the biggest things I have learned since graduating high school is that adults are not one bit less inclined to be rude or judgemental or needlessly mean spirited than kids and teens. They can't really believe people act any differently when they grow up. 

20 hours ago, evalynn said:

When people honk during a traffic jam. Do you think a magical lane into Narnia is going to open up? Or are you just being an a-hole? 

Ah, yes!  "The Punitive Horn" as I've come to think of it.  And YES, they're just being a-holes!!!!!!!!!

Edited by womanofthelight

WHY can't I find anything in my room?????!!!!!! (Uh, because it's a mess???) 

(From Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?: ". . . [it's] a pictorial representation of the order of Martha's [my] mind.")  NO. SH%T.  

I bought my sister an expensive present ($30) and can't find it now!!!!

Oh, wow.  Just remembered I wrapped it and put it under the tree days ago . . . I NEVER TRUST MYSELF TO HAVE DONE WHAT I NEEDED TO DO, OR TO PLACE OBJECTS WHERE THEY BELONG.

Sheesh!  It's so hard being me . . . ( 😜 )

I can't wait until the holidays are over.  There's no happiness at all when I think about the holidays.  With mom gone I'm afraid of everyone else I know.  Every moment is pain and fear of all the people I know.  That's all my entire life is at this point.

I can't wait to be done with this job.  I would compare this job to the government torture chambers where they play loud sounds in total darkness or make you suffer mentally and physically for long hours/days at a time. Oh and Christmas is fake as hell. 

6 hours ago, womanofthelight said:

I NEVER TRUST MYSELF TO HAVE DONE WHAT I NEEDED TO DO, OR TO PLACE OBJECTS WHERE THEY BELONG.

I can relate to this so much. Everytime I think I've lost something, it turns up where it should have been to begin with.

I'm sorta regretting signing up to work tomorrow until 11pm. Weeks ago I figured offering emotional support to people in need would be a very gracious and soul-bolstering way to observe the holiday. Now I'm worried it'll be exhausting, extremely busy - I won't be able to spend more time than 10 minutes per contact on account of high call volume. 

Then again, my ability to accurately predict the future has always sucked. Let's see how it goes. 

Meaning of (my) life or lack thereof.

Every single answer seems to miss the point. Not that there really is answer to the "meaning of life". 

NOTHING makes sense to me. Nothing seems real. Nothing speaks to me. Everything just begs for the additional question:"But Why????"

The thing is, I need a reason. I need a why. Because without that, I might as well be dead. In fact I AM dead. 

Life, just doesn't stand to any kind of scrutiny. 

"So stop (over) thinking".

You might as well say stop breathing.  all I am doing is contemplating the unrelenting void sucking whatever is left of whatever I am.  And that is all I am. This futility of a person.

And this constant emptiness, the void and futility that is me, ladies and gentlemen, is pushing me beyond no return. 

Edited by samadhiSheol