TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

Technically they can't impeach him.  He's isn't the president anymore.

That is what I thought, too.  An article I read said technically they can.  I do not understand the details, but the news said the senate plans to proceed with the impeachment trial in February.  Guess we will find out eventually.  🤷‍♀️

New employee I hired coming in tomorrow.Came down today to drop off his toolbox and picked up his uniforms.So far he likes the place so far and has no issues of me being transgender,Kindly asked about me telling him I am a pre op transsexual.Said he sees me like any normal person in life.Also told me he is a part time crossdresser having supportive parents including a younger sister and knows he is not alone being in the transgender community.

21 hours ago, AllisonM said:

So far he likes the place so far and has no issues of me being transgender,Kindly asked about me telling him I am a pre op transsexual.

Well being transgender is not a determining factor whether one is a good or horrible boss. Actually, there are in fact heterosexual bosses from hell

News of the Near Future:

"Good morning, you are listening to John Hunter News, news from around my house, to around the world.  News around the world is quiet.  Essential shipping remains steady.  In the U.S., there was a ruffle that one of the old political parties might attempt to re-form, breaking from the Monocratic government.  John Hunter could never get clear on what was happening on that, but will get back to you as soon as raw news data is announced on TV and online for interpretation.

John Hunter news is broadcast and rebroadcast throughout the day.  John Hunter's positions on everything from toys left on the floor to Middle East War, are available for download, and updated daily by me, John Hunter.  If your Truth is exactly like mine, you should watch and listen to John Hunter News. Dozens of people listen to John Hunter News."

John Hunter

Navalny could be the George Floyed moment for Putin and Russia.  They've started arresting members of his family, and friends.  That's just old school tyranny.  When the government tries to poison you for speaking freely, now that's authoritarianism.  

Bulgakov

On 1/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, Bulgakov said:

Navalny could be the George Floyed moment for Putin and Russia.  They've started arresting members of his family, and friends.  That's just old school tyranny.  When the government tries to poison you for speaking freely, now that's authoritarianism.  

Bulgakov

One can only hope.

Of bigger concern than him is Xi Jinping. That problem has a greater effect to the rest of the world.

Well I've got another viewing on Saturday. I've got a feeling that this time it's gonna sell.. Dont ask me why, just a feeling. 

But if it does, I've got a dilemma... 

There's a house available that I like a lot....but it's next to a river which regularly floods...... So far, this house has never flooded but with the weather getting worse and worse, flooding is likely to increase and possibly worsen meaning maybe, just maybe, it might flood at some point in the future 🤔

... It's also a bit polluted there at the river house because it's next to the road..... That being said I really like the house and the location and to buy that house would still be a dream come true for me..... But I can't help thinking I would be worrying about that river a lot 😬

Or.... Do I go into rented for a year meaning I would essentially have to move twice and wait for a house in my other preffered location 🤔 This location has much cleaner air, better views and easy access to my favourite places. But the house would be OKish and I wouldn't love it. It would however be comfortable.

... I would likely have an owl in the garden in this other location 😊🦉😊There's a small risk of flooding from the hills there too but there are measures in place to stop this and it's not flooding from a river just run off from the fields...... But that area has flooded. I'd also be waiting a year to buy it and spending a lot of money on rent, probably worrying that I won't have enough to buy again, even though the sums look good. But who knows if I will even be able to buy? Maybe that won't even happen with covid or whatever and then I will lose my chance to own a home 😬🏡😬

Ok guys, discuss 😁 I need your help on this one 😄

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well I've got another viewing on Saturday. I've got a feeling that this time it's gonna sell.. Dont ask me why, just a feeling. 

There's a house available that I like a lot....but it's next to a river which regularly floods...... So far, this house has never flooded but with the weather getting worse and worse, flooding is likely to increase and possibly worsen meaning maybe, just maybe, it might flood at some point in the future 🤔

... It's also a bit polluted there at the river house because it's next to the road..... That being said I really like the house and the location and to buy that house would still be a dream come true for me..... But I can't help thinking I would be worrying about that river a lot 😬

Or.... Do I go into rented for a year meaning I would essentially have to move twice and wait for a house in my other preffered location 🤔 This location has much cleaner air, better views and easy access to my favourite places. But the house would be OKish and I wouldn't love it. It would however be comfortable.

... I would likely have an owl in the garden in this other location 😊🦉😊There's a small risk of flooding from the hills there too but there are measures in place to stop this and it's not flooding from a river just run off from the fields...... But that area has flooded. I'd also be waiting a year to buy it and spending a lot of money on rent, probably worrying that I won't have enough to buy again, even though the sums look good. But who knows if I will even be able to buy? Maybe that won't even happen with covid or whatever and then I will lose my chance to own a home 😬🏡😬

There's no way I would live somewhere that might flood.  Insurance is you know pretty much a scam and they know where the house is.  What's the chance they'll give you flood insurance zero?

On 2/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, Nightjar said:

On 2/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, Nightjar said:

OK, first let's take one big step backwards, and look at the fact that you are mixing multiple types of considerations.  

1. Actual house(s).

2. Locations.

3. Flooding likelihood and type.

Each of these is separate but interdependent.  It is not like you can choose the 'perfect' house, and 'magically' transport it to the desired location, and know (much less control) the future flooding of the area.  Consider each separately, then consider how important each 'type' is to you.

I could blah, blah, blah forever; but it would not be helpful.  Since I cannot resist putting in my 'two cents worth,' 😉 here is one comment about each.

1. What about each house do you consider its best (and worst) feature?  And, as time passes, will you like/dislike each of these features more or less?  

2.  Location has two aspects:  immediate surroundings (garden, neighborhood, etc.) vs. proximity (how near or far away from desirable/undesirable sites).

3. You use lots of 'qualifiers' when discussing flooding potential -- 'likely', 'possibly', 'just maybe', 'at some point in the future'.  Remember, 'possible' and 'probable' are different.  Ask people who have lived in the area for a long time about their experiences and opinion.  [This could also be a good introduction to potential neighbors.]

Good luck!  🍀

6 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

OK, first let's take one big step backwards, and look at the fact that you are mixing multiple types of considerations.  

1. Actual house(s).

2. Locations.

3. Flooding likelihood and type.

Each of these is separate but interdependent.  It is not like you can choose the 'perfect' house, and 'magically' transport it to the desired location, and know (much less control) the future flooding of the area.  Consider each separately, then consider how important each 'type' is to you.

I could blah, blah, blah forever; but it would not be helpful.  Since I cannot resist putting in my 'two cents worth,' 😉 here is one comment about each.

1. What about each house do you consider its best (and worst) feature?  And, as time passes, will you like/dislike each of these features more or less?  

2.  Location has two aspects:  immediate surroundings (garden, neighborhood, etc.) vs. proximity (how near or far away from desirable/undesirable sites).

3. You use lots of 'qualifiers' when discussing flooding potential -- 'likely', 'possibly', 'just maybe', 'at some point in the future'.  Remember, 'possible' and 'probable' are different.  Ask people who have lived in the area for a long time about their experiences and opinion.  [This could also be a good introduction to potential neighbors.]

Good luck!  🍀

Lol, I was wondering how anyone would make any sense of that post but it looks like you might have nailed it 😂 I wasn't surprised at the slow uptake on 'discuss' 🤣 but impressed that you rose to the challenge 😁

Welcome to the contents of my whirling mind. These are all of the factors that I'm somehow trying to weigh up. 

Nicely broken down, thankyou 👌

FYI I haven't sold yet but maybe it's not such a bad thing if it means I can get some more options and/or clarity 😬

I do seem to have trouble with decisions. My head starts a whirling around :mad1: My heart wants to buy that house by the river. 

Edited by Nightjar

1.Feeling self conscious that I'm posting too much, hogging the airwaves and maybe boring people. 

2.Also, feeling the need to post a lot anyway coz I'm going through a big change and dealing with the stress of it. 

3.I want my life not to be focused purely on one thing - which it is at the moment. It needs to be fuller.  

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

1.Feeling self conscious that I'm posting too much, hogging the airwaves and maybe boring people. 

2.Also, feeling the need to post a lot anyway coz I'm going through a big change and dealing with the stress of it. 

3.I want my life not to be focused purely on one thing - which it is at the moment. It needs to be fuller.  

You have a lot going on with trying to sell the house, and of course it's front and center.

We are all here to support you...and I think we are all interested to hear how the house sale is going.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

You have a lot going on with trying to sell the house, and of course it's front and center.

We are all here to support you...and I think we are all interested to hear how the house sale is going.

@Nightjar, yeah!  What @JD4010 said!

Moving (especially when it involves buying and selling of houses) is a big deal!  Of course it is going to be the focus of your life for a time.  I think venting on this site is a healthy way of dealing with the anxiety this 'big deal' produces.  Bring it on.  Anyone who gets tired of reading about your current adventures (not me!) can just skip over it.  

@jkd_sd - Exactly. You and @JD4010 hit the nail on the head. This is a seriously big life event and change. Bouncing ideas, trying to destress, asking for input is all fine. Different members go through different struggles and needs. That's part of being a member. The regulars will lean on each other for support at different times. Right now you need the help with a big issue. It all comes and goes around. So don't add to your list of anxiety about posting. That should be help you let go off some.

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

My heart wants to buy that house by the river.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Putting it that way then do it.  Life is short.  If it will make you happy go for it.

Yeah, I caught that, too.  Please make sure you take into consideration what you actually want.  Um, that is really the main reason for going through this entire process.

When I am down and don't want to be around anyone, it's painful. 

When I'm up and wouldn't mind some company, I've already alienated myself from everyone because of all of my down times, it's painful. 

Kind of funny.. or not. 

27 minutes ago, watalife said:

Has anyone ever had there water shut off indefinitely.

It's never happened to me but it happened to friends of mine years ago.  They even had kids living in the house but it's like anything else if you can't pay your bill they absolutely will shut off your water.

A couple good friends and I doing something fun today,trying on American Civil War era dresses.I always loved the beautiful feminine shape of them and know it wasn't like today back then putting them on.Doing it this afternoon.This lady is into them big time and I will probally buy a couple of them and have her make me one.