TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

Took a little time off from the forum. I think reading too much sadness every day isn't good. So I started watching the news everyday. Scanning the red and blue channels to see what they were name calling each other with all the drama of late. Got tired of that sadness in less than a week. It appears I'm much more tolerant of the crazy people who are depressed than the "supposed" sane people who are on and run the news... I went back to just watching sports and some Hallmark movies. Watching people doing luge, bobsled, skiing, etc was nice. Hallmark is just warm and fuzzy and you know they're not allowed to have a bad ending so it doesn't drop you at the end.

11 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

Took a little time off from the forum. I think reading too much sadness every day isn't good. So I started watching the news everyday. Scanning the red and blue channels to see what they were name calling each other with all the drama of late. Got tired of that sadness in less than a week. It appears I'm much more tolerant of the crazy people who are depressed than the "supposed" sane people who are on and run the news... I went back to just watching sports and some Hallmark movies. Watching people doing luge, bobsled, skiing, etc was nice. Hallmark is just warm and fuzzy and you know they're not allowed to have a bad ending so it doesn't drop you at the end.

Yeah I'm on the verge of snapping completely.  I have to mostly watch mindless cartoons to survive the day.  I got hooked on the news for a while too.  What has psychiatry and psychology done for me?  Their science has given me the "gift" to be able to read people and find the bad people.  That's why I hide here now.

13 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

I went back to just watching..... and some Hallmark movies.

Well I'm glad you're finally on board with that one 😁 

Y'know I normally hate musicals but with the world the way it is at the minute, I had the Sunday musical show on the radio last week and I was loving every minute! 😂📻🎶

Think my street 😎 cred just blasted off to Mars  🤔  Ah well, praps David Bowie can look after it for me 😁

Edited by Nightjar

I realised last night that mini lion, my little bengal bestie bears a striking resemblance in personality to mogwai, the cute little creature in gremlins with her little chirpy, cheeping noises and human like personality.

She almost sings that little song.... Mmm mmmm, mm, mm, mmmm, mmmmm 🎶 You know it? 

I also realised that just like in the movie, she has gremlins that come out if you don't follow the strict rules told by the strange Chinese gentleman.. 

Never feed her after midnight, never let her get wet, don't expose her to sunlight, all that 🤔

Coz if you do, hold onto your hats boys 🤠 All gremlin hell breaks loose 😂

☠️🐆🐒🐆😭🦁☠️😱🐊😳🗯️💣💥😸

Edited by Nightjar

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I'm on the verge of snapping completely.  I have to mostly watch mindless cartoons to survive the day.  I got hooked on the news for a while too.  What has psychiatry and psychology done for me?  Their science has given me the "gift" to be able to read people and find the bad people.  That's why I hide here now.

Yup. After reading lots of books on psychiatry and self help and going through half a dozen therapists. I went back to my original one and just talked to him. He doesn't BS and doesn't cram you with xBT ideas. Just some good discussion and practical approaches to handling situations. Watching media presonalities play it up is just sad. It's not supposed to be a sales pitch. It's supposed to be reporting on the news and being as unbiased in how you do it. Nothing wrong with being on either side, just don't let it control how you report the info. There are a few I like and I watch their reports for a short while just to pull the info out. We agreed to limit news to short 30 minute bursts only a couple of times a day just to keep up with recent happenings since those are a big deal.

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well I'm glad you're finally on board with that one 😁 

Y'know I normally hate musicals but with the world the way it is at the minute, I had the Sunday musical show on the radio last week and I was loving every minute! 😂📻🎶

Think my street 😎 cred just blasted off to Mars  🤔  Ah well, praps David Bowie can look after it for me 😁

Yes I'm on board with that one now. You can stop laughing now too. I can hear you all the way over here.

Turns out watching those mushy predictable shows with my gal works out in my favor. Who knew???  ....

None of the guys I know are aware of this serious character flaw so my street cred is still good, for the moment!

Well, moving is on my mind. I'm not panicking,  I feel good about it but I guess the stress is inevitable.

It's just whether or not things will line up or not I guess. There no telling if I can sell mine and find something I like in time for my sale to go through. That's the way it is though when you're in a chain.

Just trying to have faith that things will work out for the best and that I will be OK if I can't make a move happen straight off the bat (though of course that's what I want to happen). 

When I sold last time it was very stressful for loads of reasons and there was quite a long delay. This was before covid happened but anyway, at the time I just felt stressed about it because I wanted to get the deal wrapped up. 

As it turned out, it was a good thing that the deal took so long because there was much less time that I had to stay with narc mom. I stayed with her full time for about a month and I was stressed to the absolute maximum, it was awful. It would have made me physically ill to stay with her any longer. 

Just have to try to remember that delay may not be a bad thing and to try my best to go with the flow 🤞

Edited by Nightjar

34 minutes ago, watalife said:

Does anyone else not like a member of their family? I mean complete cut off from the person. 🤔

Every time I see any of them there's a good chance it's the last time I will see them.  There's a better chance I'll never see most of them again.

I know I'm typing one word I am sure of it, but it's not the word I'm thinking about lol... I'm typing "woman" but I actually write "money". It's either a brain disease, or my brains is a comedian from the 1950s.
I start handwriting words backwards! Just like I did with numbers before primary school. I do catch myself before I mess up the writing, but ... that's odd.
So instead of "beans" I start writing "sna..."

8 hours ago, watalife said:

Does anyone else not like a member of their family? I mean complete cut off from the person. 🤔

Long story short, I finally rewrote the definition of 'family' in my personal dictionary.  To me, 'family' is one part having a common ancestor and 10,000 parts the 'right kind' of relationship (friendship, devotion, honesty, support, trustworthiness, etc...).  

If a person has the full measure of the 'relationship', the one part common ancestor hardly matters.  However, if all a person has is the one part ancestor with none of the 'relationship', that is not 'family'.  That is a 'relative', and absolutely does not count as family.

Getting through my current crisis and getting back to my usual ailments. I would also like to get rid of one other ailment and then I will just have the one ailment instead of all 3 at once. And then there's my car that also has more than one ailment. #lovinglifeNOT

Media, politicians.  I think some of them don't get a big picture of anything.  The impeachment is particularly hard on my brain.  Forget for a moment whether someone is innocent or guilty.  What in the raging world would indicate that congress could manage one, carry one out, without the process descending into challenges, into the rancorous minutia of litigation.  So yeah, I would discourage the prosecution because the effort will fail, in all respects.  

Bulgakov

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Media, politicians.  I think some of them don't get a big picture of anything.  The impeachment is particularly hard on my brain.  Forget for a moment whether someone is innocent or guilty.  What in the raging world would indicate that congress could manage one, carry one out, without the process descending into challenges, into the rancorous minutia of litigation.  So yeah, I would discourage the prosecution because the effort will fail, in all respects.  

Bulgakov

At this point in American history they all just want to be on tv any way they can be.  That's it really I think.  We're all watching their show at this point and they want their characters to appear on that show as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

The impeachment is particularly hard on my brain.

IMHO, the reason they are still pursuing that is to end any possibility of Trump running for president again.  I am not expressing a for or against opinion -- just my opinion about why it is still an issue.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, Nightjar said:

How inhuman I feel like sometimes... Like an outcast. 

Yeah, I get it.  Frequently, I feel like someone just dropped me off on this planet on their way by.  It is a decent enough place, but I do not really belong here.

1 hour ago, jkd_sd said:

IMHO, the reason they are still pursuing that is to end any possibility of Trump running for president again.  I am not expressing a for or against opinion -- just my opinion about why it is still an issue.

Technically they can't impeach him.  He's isn't the president anymore.

Edited by sober4life