TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

I would most likely ride there in the dog vehichle from Dumb and Dumber if it was me.  Joking aside though @Bulgakovthe news just said he said he's not going to be there.  The he they were talking about might be Donald Trump though sorry. 

Edited by sober4life

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well I'm a rebel.  I've been smartphone free for 2 years now.  You just have to have one.  Do I?  Most people need to fit in.  I need to be strange in a crowd I think so I carry a flip phone just for that reason.

I like flip phones and had one for a long time.  I finally had to decide whether or not to get a laptop.  My compromise was a smart phone.  I use it as a phone and a computer.  I do miss the flip phone.

57 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

I like flip phones and had one for a long time.  I finally had to decide whether or not to get a laptop.  My compromise was a smart phone.  I use it as a phone and a computer.  I do miss the flip phone.

For me there has to be an escape from the technology to allow me to do the things I need to do in life.  Thank god these 2 old laptops I use are so old I can't even take them anywhere with me anymore.  They have to pretty much be plugged in all the time or they go dead.

1 hour ago, jkd_sd said:

I don't have wi fi at home so the smartphone becomes my link. It's weird & scary how much I rely on the damned thing. Pretty soon they'll just implant the processor in our brain. 

I'm stressing about moving again. It's all I've been talking about for three years. It's all I've been thinking about and working towards. Yet I'm still scared to do it. 

I guess there are a few reasons... 

1.My family are all against it. 

2.My mother may cut off my income.

3. I will be further away from family and more isolated. 

But, I could turn these around into positives in a heartbeat coz my family cause me excessive amounts of stress and it would serve me to stand on my own two feet. 

Also, there's the stress of moving. Big stress. But also big excitement. I get excited when I think of it. Its what I want. I guess I'm just scared and fear is holding me back. I'm in limbo here and I feel this move is what I need, covid or not.... 

I'm on the verge of putting the house on the market again....if I can get past the fear of complete turmoil in the process of getting the life I want. This would be a big deal to me.. It could be the making of me... 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I'm stressing about moving again. It's all I've been talking about for three years. It's all I've been thinking about and working towards. Yet I'm still scared to do it. 

I guess there are a few reasons... 

1.My family are all against it. 

2.My mother may cut off my income.

3. I will be further away from family and more isolated. 

But, I could turn these around into positives in a heartbeat coz my family cause me excessive amounts of stress and it would serve me to stand on my own two feet. 

Also, there's the stress of moving. Big stress. But also big excitement. I get excited when I think of it. Its what I want. I guess I'm just scared and fear is holding me back. I'm in limbo here and I feel this move is what I need, covid or not.... 

I'm on the verge of putting the house on the market again....if I can get past the fear of complete turmoil in the process of getting the life I want. This would be a big deal to me.. It could be the making of me... 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The scariest thing there is is change even if we're in hell.   We know how to get through hell but you're in hell right.  You don't want to be there.

8 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I have had this reaction in the past.  Turns out it is a common reaction and there is a specific name for it -- approach avoidance.

This happens when we get closer to something that we want, but it involves a substantial change.  The closer the time/event gets, the more we stress about what could go wrong.  Sorta 'the devil you know' vs. 'the devil you don't know.'  

You can look up this feeling if you want.  I hate to be the one to tell you, but this means you are a 'normal human' just like everybody else.   😉

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

The scariest thing there is is change even if we're in hell.   We know how to get through hell but you're in hell right.  You don't want to be there.

It's true. You're right 😬 

8 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

I hate to be the one to tell you, but this means you are a 'normal human' just like everybody else.   😉

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say 😂 I thought I was extra specially weird 😏 Shucks, guess not 😂 

Thanks for the info on approach avoidance. That sounds like you hit the nail on the head 💅👍🤔

My ex. I had a dream that I kissed him on the cheek and told him that I would always be there if he needed me. It's true I would. But I don't know if he knows that. Things got messy at the end.

I've been worried about him potentially catching covid. His immune system is compromised with all of the smoking, drinking and stressing he does 😬 Plus, he's in his fourties, like me. 

I never spent as much time with anyone as I did with him. I never had such a good friend. I miss my friend. Such a shame that money and 'being in a relationship' got in the way of our beautiful friendship. 

Still, we did our best. We gave it everything we could 😔

Hope he's ok. 

56 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

My ex. I had a dream that I kissed him on the cheek and told him that I would always be there if he needed me. It's true I would. But I don't know if he knows that. Things got messy at the end.

I've been worried about him potentially catching covid. His immune system is compromised with all of the smoking, drinking and stressing he does 😬 Plus, he's in his fourties, like me. 

I never spent as much time with anyone as I did with him. I never had such a good friend. I miss my friend. Such a shame that money and 'being in a relationship' got in the way of our beautiful friendship. 

Still, we did our best. We gave it everything we could 😔

Hope he's ok. 

Well why not just call him and see how he's doing?  I don't see anything wrong with a well intentioned call to check on someone during a pandemic regardless of the circumstances.

Spent Saturday facilitating a support group meeting and nearly 30 folks attended. That's barely manageable yet felt good to hold space for powerful, genuine freakin vulnerable sharing. No BS. Much crying. 

As we don't discuss politics during group time, I volunteered to facilitate a smaller meeting afterwards of folks triggered by the riot at the capitol so we could process feelings with safe people. As you might expect this was exhausting but I think we gotta hold on to each other during times when it seems as if there's nothing solid to lean on. 

I ain't volunteering no more for nothin for at least a couple of weeks just take care of me. 

When you hear a story, a narrative, daily news, is your first reaction to approve or disapprove, judge, or take issue personally?  Is that your reaction to most things you hear?

Resisting that urge is how you begin to think critically, allowing you to begin hearing what is being said.  You can always get moral after you have a more objective view, but you're not as likely to.  (No that doesn't mean that Hitler's view was as valid as anyone's, which is morally repugnant; but that reaction is a good example of what I'm trying to say.)  I'll call the therapeutic discipline "Nogginism".  You have to learn to use your Noggin.

Bulgakov

"Life's always tough sloggin', when not using the Noggin."

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

Yes absolutely think for yourself all the time.  The "news" uses the same tactics they use in cults to brainwash people.  It's that simple.  There is news there but you have to be able to separate the news from the manipulation.  If you watch too long you begin thinking and speaking like the newscasters no matter how strong of a person you are and no matter how absurd their views might be. 

The whole world is stuck, just like me, albeit for different reasons. Or maybe not..neither the world or I can see a tangible, agreeable future on the horizon. 

If it isn't Trump it's covid, if it isn't covid, it's the fact that the vaccinations aren't happening as fast in some countries as necessary. 

Isolationism and "patriotism" is raising it's ugly and pointless head not just in the US of A but pretty much everywhere else too. 

Fck this s hit. I'll volunteer for a one way ticket to Mars. Anywhere is better than this depraved, sad planet. 

Fck humanity. I don't want to play with you anymore. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

Yeah we can't even agree on what's real anymore.  We all have our truth now which means what we don't want to be true isn't true anymore.  It's all perception and everyone's brain is in a different place right now.  I can't imagine things ever getting back to the way they were.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yeah we can't even agree on what's real anymore.  We all have our truth now which means what we don't want to be true isn't true anymore.  It's all perception and everyone's brain is in a different place right now.  I can't imagine things ever getting back to the way they were.

There never was a "way things were". It's all been fcked up from the start. Since we became cognizant about ourselves and the environment. The discrimination between "Me" and everything else. Nature's biggest cock up. 

Humanity is a lost cause and it's time to draw the curtain. 

Good riddance. 

I hate to say it but everyone is out for themselves. If someone is not there for me or we have no relationship, i am not going to care about that person because there is nothing there. Right now I care about no one except for my cat 🐱. He is the only constant in my life. And I also like my df peeps. Even if they despise me.  

Edited by watalife

1 hour ago, watalife said:

I hate to say it but everyone is out for themselves. If someone is not there for me or we have no relationship, i am not going to care about that person because there is nothing there. Right now I care about no one except for my cat 🐱. He is the only constant in my life. And I also like my df peeps. Even if they despise me.  

We love you!❤️:hugs:I get it though.  People in real life are awful.