TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

2 hours ago, watalife said:

Ok so I gave up on looking in the stores and ordered something online. Well guess what it has a 3 in rip and I was going to just sew it but for 90$ it seems stupid for me to sew it. Is this a sign that this keeps happening. What does it mean because this couldn't be happening to everyone else 4 times in a row now. 🙉😵😵😵🙉🙉🙉 maybe the spirits know that I like buying and returning over and over. You have to do something with your time 😆😆😆😆  insanity is doing the same thing over and over...🖐

Well I've worked in plenty of factories.  The machines usually go full tilt and sometimes at the worst of times there is one or two people doing the entire process of the product or packaging the product.  Sometimes these places get temporary workers that are working minimum wage from temp agencies.  They're surprised when you last a week.  Knowing the whole process of some of these places I'm amazed we ever get anything in good condition really.

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

That seems to be a pretty harsh reaction to me.  I myself would not break up with someone because of that.  I guess I would think he wanted to go somewhere where it was quieter so he could hear me better.  :unsure:

Ya, maybe...but there were other indications that I didn't pick up on until too late as well. My thick-headedness had a cumulative effect. 

Yeah if there ever was a time where flying cars might become mainstream it's now.  You're never going to talk to someone that says I love to fly on a plane unless they are the pilot and this year they've been taking something that most people already hate and making it worse and also plenty of people have been ripped off by airlines that just basically cancel people's flights with a sorry about your luck resoponse with no refunds.

I just spent approximately two hours on a government website trying to find how to get a paper copy of the information I need sent to me.  

The answer to "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" is 'Aaauuuggghhh!!!'    (Not even enough brain cells left for cussing!)

The S hit that hit the fan in the U.S of A.

What democracy has come to. How an idiot who's name rhymes with dump was voted into office by more idiots. How same idiots are undermining their own values and they can't even see it.

Another nail in humanity's way over due coffin.

I told someone I care about yesterday when he showed up I'm glad to see you're ok on a day like today.  That's how I feel here.  I'm glad to come here and see the people I care about make any post about anything and show they're here and ok after yesterday.

Edited by sober4life

My only phone person has literally forgotten about me and I have no one to talk to about everything. I was going to brag about my dinner tonight but I can't even do that. What a sad life. I guess I go buy more stuff because this quality cat time is going down the toilet also. If the cat is not happy neither am I 😾

23 minutes ago, watalife said:

My only phone person has literally forgotten about me and I have no one to talk to about everything. I was going to brag about my dinner tonight but I can't even do that. What a sad life. I guess I go buy more stuff because this quality cat time is going down the toilet also. If the cat is not happy neither am I 😾

I know how you feel.  I can't get anyone on the phone either.  It's very hard feeling like you're completely alone in the world during these hard times especially when you know you're a good person and you've done absolutely nothing to deserve this treatment.  I don't know what to say anymore.  It makes me very sad how cold and uncaring people can be.

5 hours ago, watalife said:

I guess I go buy more stuff because this quality cat time is going down the toilet also. If the cat is not happy neither am I 😾

FYI -- Cat toys can be cheap and easy to make.  Think along the lines of things to reach into, dry treats (or dry cat food), and small 'items' to find or swat at.

Examples:  Cardboard core from roll of paper towels -- put a few kernels of dry cat food inside as close to the middle as possible, and lay it on the floor.  Squarish paper bag -- roll down twice from the top to create a 'rim'; then set on the floor with a few kernels of dry cat food, a couple small toys, a ball (or wadded up piece of paper), and/or a length or two of ribbon in it.

You do not even need to show the items to the cat.  He/she will 'discover' it due to the smell of the food or treats.  They think they are so smart when they find something 'all by themselves'.  One of my cats went bonkers over a lid from a pill bottle that I had dropped.  🤪

@jkd_sd I was talking about stuff for me 😆 thanks for all the ideas but I have one that mine likes a lot. My cat likes to steal my straws out of my drinks so I came up with taking a straw and cutting it into two 2inch pieces then I attach them onto the metal hook of the cat rod. 😻😻😻😻 the rod is 3 ft and the string is 2-3 ft

Edited by watalife

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

I told someone I care about yesterday when he showed up I'm glad to see you're ok on a day like today.  That's how I feel here.  I'm glad to come here and see the people I care about make any post about anything and show they're here and ok after yesterday.

The truth: One of the things that gets me out of bed in the morning is knowing that I can check in here at DF. There have been days where that's been the *only* reason I force myself out of bed.

1 minute ago, JD4010 said:

The truth: One of the things that gets me out of bed in the morning is knowing that I can check in here at DF. There have been days where that's been the *only* reason I force myself out of bed.

Yeah I look forward to coming here every day.  It's usually the first thing I do every morning.  In real life though I will call people I know trying to make sure they don't have a reason to show up here.

4 hours ago, watalife said:

@jkd_sd I was talking about stuff for me 😆 thanks for all the ideas but I have one that mine likes a lot. My cat likes to steal my straws out of my drinks so I came up with taking a straw and cutting it into two 2inch pieces then I attach them onto the metal hook of the cat rod. 😻😻😻😻 the rod is 3 ft and the string is 2-3 ft

Oops!  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I like your idea with the drinking straw.  I may try that with my two fur-balls.

Hope you find some fun stuff for you too!  😉

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

There have been days (and nights) I just stayed in bed and checked this site on the smartphone.

I read a while ago about the inauguration ride.  The president and the newly elected traditionally have ridden together to the ceremony.  I don't know if that's been true in contemporary times.  They rode first in carriages, then in cars. 

A handful of revolving presidents have refused to attend before.  But a number of others have shared a very frosty ride.  Wikipedia reports that in 1933, Hoover and Roosevelt, didn't utter a single word to each other during the drive.  

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov