TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

On 12/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, sober4life said:

The hand in the water thing does work.  I don't know how much you can really create the surroundings around you like they say sometimes but once you're in a dream and realize you are in a dream you can do whatever you want in the dream from there on knowing there's no reason to worry about anything you do.  Whatever you want to do for fun you can do.  Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where we could just safely be ourselves in real life and this wouldn't be an issue?

That would be amazing but I don't imagine being able to be myself until certain people are gone. Some things have been happening lately that make me feel so utterly trapped in real life...much more than usual. I'm at a loss as to how to move forward. So lucid dreaming it is. Sleeping is a big chunk of life, so if I can derive pleasure from that, maybe waking life won't feel so absolutely miserable.

Just heard another leader warning that "the worst is yet to come."  If I don't hear that again soon, that would be nice.    "The worst is yet to come" is the new normal, the only model that seems reliable.  Bracing for impact here boss, again.

Bulgakov    

46 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

Just heard another leader warning that "the worst is yet to come."  If I don't hear that again soon, that would be nice.    "The worst is yet to come" is the new normal, the only model that seems reliable.  Bracing for impact here boss, again.

Bulgakov    

What can we expect from dopey leaders that think it's a good idea to get a vaccine on tv and send a message that they're more important than the people sick in hospitals?  The right thing to do is show strength and say we're going to get through this no matter what we have to do.  Instead we believe they're all clueless and just as scared as we are!  

Being stuck at home now I am constantly reaching for my phone or tablet even when I have absolutely no reason to. Luckily, or unluckily, depending on my mood, I don't have the problem of people trying to contact me. 

I was thinking about this last night, what the heck did I do with all this free time before smart phones. 

Well what did I do before the internet existed.  I played video games all day.  My whole life since the Nintendo I got for Christmas in 1985 has been look at the pretty colors on one screen or another.  The episode where Al Bundy smashed the computer to pieces with a sledge hammer is what I should do with all of my technology right now.

I realize this sounds absolutely crazy, but I wish we would have a serious, two day blizzard.  

I think what I am really wanting is a 'full stop' then 'start over'.  Would not work though.  Even if it happened, I would still be stuck with myself and all my baggage.  🙁

54 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

I realize this sounds absolutely crazy, but I wish we would have a serious, two day blizzard.  

I think what I am really wanting is a 'full stop' then 'start over'.  Would not work though.  Even if it happened, I would still be stuck with myself and all my baggage.  🙁

It sounds like a dream come true to be able to rest the last couple of days of the year and then start new the next year but I am completely unable to do it.  Someone could offer me a million dollars if I was able to rest those two days and I couldn't do it.

The trash man took the cut up microwave in trash bags.  I wonder if he'll take a cut up old tractor tire in trash bags.  Why do you need to cut up an old tractor tire at sunrise in January you say?  I need to keep the cows entertained that's why.:unsure:

Me and my cat have the same life story. We were both brought into this world without our consent and now we are forced to live here under whatever circumstances whether we like it or not. He has to sit here all day looking out the window going mad and I have to go do the task of cleaning after sick people. Is that what either of us wants? NO! He would rather run wild outside and I would rather have a happy interesting fulfilled life ( or never been born). Maybe we both will be set free sooner than you think. 

I enjoy animals from a distance.  I have animal friends that I care about very much and see on a regular basis.  It's only a matter of time until this house of cards falls in on me and I can't live with hurting anymore creatures in this world.  I would never do it on purpose but they would inevitably get caught up in my disaster life.

Why do people have dogs that are locked up all day forced in whatever weather. I thought if you had that animal meant that you loved that animal. It's like a trophy or something. Dam weirdos! He had a sibling I think and its not there anymore so now he sits alone. He has started staying in his house not coming out at all 😭😭😭😭

31 minutes ago, watalife said:

Why do people have dogs that are locked up all day forced in whatever weather. I thought if you had that animal meant that you loved that animal. It's like a trophy or something. Dam weirdos! He had a sibling I think and its not there anymore so now he sits alone. He has started staying in his house not coming out at all 😭😭😭😭

I don't know I'll never understand it.  Some people get a dog and treat it like a prisoner of war.  They tie it up and then act like it doesn't exist.  They even have the nerve to yell at it when it's barking all day.  It's screaming in dog language help me get me out of here!

On 1/3/2021 at 8:21 PM, watalife said:

On 1/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, sober4life said:

I don't know I'll never understand it.  Some people get a dog and treat it like a prisoner of war.  They tie it up and then act like it doesn't exist.  They even have the nerve to yell at it when it's barking all day.  It's screaming in dog language help me get me out of here!

What can I say? 

People suck. 

On 12/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, watalife said:

Everything was going good today and I accomplished alot but it went down hill fast after the 2nd remote I bought didn't work on my tv and the new blanket had a hole right on the top. Time to start over again. I love it I love it I love it 50 ! 50 years old!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. I'd say you and everyone else here deserves a medal for making it to whatever age we are. It's been a difficult journey, to say the least. I'm looking at this from the perspective of being 61 years old.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:48 AM, sober4life said:

I enjoy animals from a distance.  I have animal friends that I care about very much and see on a regular basis.  It's only a matter of time until this house of cards falls in on me and I can't live with hurting anymore creatures in this world.  I would never do it on purpose but they would inevitably get caught up in my disaster life.

I've thought about up and walking away from my life. One of the main reasons I haven't done it yet is because of my 3 kitties. What would happen to them? Two of them are ~15 years old and the stray I took in recently is probably 7.

I've wrecked my own life, but why do I need to wreck theirs too?

1 hour ago, samadhiSheol said:

We are one with god in the time of abject loneliness, desperation and emptiness. 

Not because god is there for you in your worst hour. 

It is what god feels like all the time. 

I wonder if god if powerful enough to snuff him/her/its self?

On 12/22/2020 at 8:32 AM, sober4life said:

I've said it before this place should have a dating section.  Why not?

I met a woman on here six or seven years ago. We became friends and grew closer together. We became "an item."

I couldn't go one minute without thinking of her and we messaged/called each other all of time. I thought I'd finally found "the one" because she was perfect in my eyes.

But, as usual, I was a clod and I lost her. I was slow to show the world how much I loved her and I think she finally lost patience with me. That was it. Never heard from her again after 3 years of some of the happiest times of my life. 

"Best" part is, I can see in retrospect how I screwed up in agonizing detail anytime I think about it. And then the big plunge down the well of despair happens.  

Edited by JD4010

6 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I met a woman on here six or seven years ago. We became friends and grew closer together. We became "an item."

I couldn't go one minute without thinking of her and we messaged/called each other all of time. I thought I'd finally found "the one" because she was perfect in my eyes.

But, as usual, I was a clod and I lost her. I was slow to show the world how much I loved her and I think she finally lost patience with me. That was it. Never heard from her again after 3 years of some of the happiest times of my life. 

"Best" part is, I can see in retrospect how I screwed up in agonizing detail anytime I think about it. And then the big plunge down the well of despair happens.  

Sorry, but I feel like I'm in a confessional here (and I ain't even Catholic). I can pinpoint the day where it finally unraveled. I was in a bookstore with my daughter and my girlfriend called. I told her to hang on so I could go outside to talk to her. I'm sure I gave her the impression that I wanted to keep our conversation secret by going outside, away from my daughter. The rest of the conversation was very formal and cold. I was too stoopid to realize what was wrong.

Shortly thereafter, I found myself in the deepest ravine I've ever been in. I still haven't climbed out of it completely yet. 

Edited by JD4010

41 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Sorry, but I feel like I'm in a confessional here (and I ain't even Catholic). I can pinpoint the day where it finally unraveled. I was in a bookstore with my daughter and my girlfriend called. I told her to hang on so I could go outside to talk to her. I'm sure I gave her the impression that I wanted to keep our conversation secret by going outside, away from my daughter. The rest of the conversation was very formal and cold. I was too stoopid to realize what was wrong.

Shortly thereafter, I found myself in the deepest ravine I've ever been in. I still haven't climbed out of it completely yet. 

That seems to be a pretty harsh reaction to me.  I myself would not break up with someone because of that.  I guess I would think he wanted to go somewhere where it was quieter so he could hear me better.  :unsure:

Ok so I gave up on looking in the stores and ordered something online. Well guess what it has a 3 in rip and I was going to just sew it but for 90$ it seems stupid for me to sew it. Is this a sign that this keeps happening. What does it mean because this couldn't be happening to everyone else 4 times in a row now. 🙉😵😵😵🙉🙉🙉 maybe the spirits know that I like buying and returning over and over. You have to do something with your time 😆😆😆😆  insanity is doing the same thing over and over...🖐