TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

48 minutes ago, watalife said:

My cat is getting too big. He's not even one till next month and he is so heavy. I wish I had known I was getting a dog and not a cat 😆🐕🤷🐈

I had a 25 pound cat once.  I found this.  For decades, the Largest domestic cat was a tabby called Himmy from Queensland, Australia, who weighed in at 21.3 kg (46 lb 15 oz). 

Edited by sober4life

Everything was going good today and I accomplished alot but it went down hill fast after the 2nd remote I bought didn't work on my tv and the new blanket had a hole right on the top. Time to start over again. I love it I love it I love it 50 ! 50 years old!

4 minutes ago, watalife said:

Everything was going good today and I accomplished alot but it went down hill fast after the 2nd remote I bought didn't work on my tv and the new blanket had a hole right on the top. Time to start over again. I love it I love it I love it 50 ! 50 years old!

You might be able to find an app for your phone and use your phone as a remote for your tv.  I've seen it done before.  

Felt sad writing out cards today because I don't see any of the people I'm sending them to....Since my grandmother (the matriarch of my family) died, the entire family is much more fragmented. My nuclear family is just that; nuclear, so it's very fragmented too. 

It's just sad. But what can you do..At least I sent a card, it's better than nothing.. 

5 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Felt sad writing out cards today because I don't see any of the people I'm sending them to....Since my grandmother (the matriarch of my family) died, the entire family is much more fragmented. My nuclear family is just that; nuclear, so it's very fragmented too. 

It's just sad. But what can you do..At least I sent a card, it's better than nothing.. 

I know how you feel.  Now that grandma is gone I'll never see a lot of my family on that side again.  Her mom used be the one that if she said there was a reunion people would come clear across the country to arrive.  Then grandma took over that role until Grandpa got sick and she gave up on it.  I talked her into doing the holidays again last year because I knew how much it meant to her.  Now she's gone.  That side of the family will never have a get together again.

There is alot of sick people in the world And it's getting worse. Don't think it's just you in a big o world that there is something wrong, it's the whole d*m world. One minute your talking to someone who you think is good and then its someone else you've never seen. It's like the movie Devils Advocate where the people's faces change over to monsters. 

Yeah the world is very two faced.  It's like the Twilight Zone episode where 8 foot aliens showed up to the planet and they were very nice to us.  They did all kinds of things to help us.  Then they said it's even nicer on our planet you should come visit and it turns out we were food on their menu at their planet.  That's this world.

Edited by sober4life

On 12/12/2020 at 4:23 PM, sober4life said:

Tabby The cat person's dating app is the ad that comes up for me. 

Amazing.  I thought you were kidding maybe.  The possibilities are endless here.  "Are you often called out for having something stuck between your teeth?  Now you can date others who also also get bits of food stuck between their teeth!"  Stuff like that.  Where is the angry, depressed, and anxious dating site?

Bulgakov

16 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

Amazing.  I thought you were kidding maybe.  The possibilities are endless here.  "Are you often called out for having something stuck between your teeth?  Now you can date others who also also get bits of food stuck between their teeth!"  Stuff like that.  Where is the angry, depressed, and anxious dating site?

Bulgakov

I've said it before this place should have a dating section.  Why not?

My resolution for the New Year is to start lucid dreaming. I've tried to half-ass it before, and I'm pretty good with dream recall, so I'm not completely new to it. I've pretty much given up on real life getting better so I can at least try to have a good life in my dreams.

2 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

My resolution for the New Year is to start lucid dreaming. I've tried to half-ass it before, and I'm pretty good with dream recall, so I'm not completely new to it. I've pretty much given up on real life getting better so I can at least try to have a good life in my dreams.

I used to be able to do it when I was on Seroquel.  It was completely medication related so I wish I could still do it but I'm not able to anymore.

Just now, Kogent5 said:

I'm thinking lucid dreaming is some level of waking awareness in the dream--especially knowing you are in one--to influence the story.  I'm reminded of a dream I had last week.  The specifics have escaped me, but the dream had me going into different rooms with people, maybe three rooms.  And in each room I had to excuse myself because I had to p.  I woke up then, had to go bad.  I don't know if the dream made me want to, or if the urgency made its way into my dream.  I remember wondering during the dream why I needed to use the bathroom so often, but it never occurred to me I was dreaming.  Some part of me knew I was in bed though, not at a urinal.  I hope I never dream I'm peeing the bed.  Lucid dream peeing. 

Bulgakov

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

I used to be able to do it when I was on Seroquel.  It was completely medication related so I wish I could still do it but I'm not able to anymore.

Is it like real life? Any cool dreams you remember? Yeah, I don't wanna go on meds for this, but I wonder if there are supplements that would help. Can very depressed, anxious people lucid dream? The harder I try, the more nightmares I get, so I stop. Last night was...not good.

19 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

I'm thinking lucid dreaming is some level of waking awareness in the dream--especially knowing you are in one--to influence the story.  I'm reminded of a dream I had last week.  The specifics have escaped me, but the dream had me going into different rooms with people, maybe three rooms.  And in each room I had to excuse myself because I had to p.  I woke up then, had to go bad.  I don't know if the dream made me want to, or if the urgency made its way into my dream.  I remember wondering during the dream why I needed to use the bathroom so often, but it never occurred to me I was dreaming.  Some part of me knew I was in bed though, not at a urinal.  I hope I never dream I'm peeing the bed.  Lucid dream peeing. 

Bulgakov

I think your dream was telling you to go to the bathroom. There's an old prank that you put someone's hand in a glass of water while they're sleeping and it makes them wet the bed. Not sure if it's true or not, not gonna test it 😆

I tend to think of dreams as being a way to organize memories, and occasionally a dream will try to convey some kind of message. As in real life, things happen around me and I feel helpless to stop it. Maybe gaining control in dreams would help me feel more in control in real life.

29 minutes ago, Kogent5 said:

Is it like real life? Any cool dreams you remember? Yeah, I don't wanna go on meds for this, but I wonder if there are supplements that would help. Can very depressed, anxious people lucid dream? The harder I try, the more nightmares I get, so I stop. Last night was...not good.

I think your dream was telling you to go to the bathroom. There's an old prank that you put someone's hand in a glass of water while they're sleeping and it makes them wet the bed. Not sure if it's true or not, not gonna test it 😆

I tend to think of dreams as being a way to organize memories, and occasionally a dream will try to convey some kind of message. As in real life, things happen around me and I feel helpless to stop it. Maybe gaining control in dreams would help me feel more in control in real life.

The hand in the water thing does work.  I don't know how much you can really create the surroundings around you like they say sometimes but once you're in a dream and realize you are in a dream you can do whatever you want in the dream from there on knowing there's no reason to worry about anything you do.  Whatever you want to do for fun you can do.  Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where we could just safely be ourselves in real life and this wouldn't be an issue?

I've decided that I'm definitely not going to take down the Christmas tree and decorations until New Year's Day.  In the past, I've felt Christmas was over the morning of the 26th, and it was extremely depressing because I love the holiday season so much.  But I was doing some reading and that's very much a modern thing...the almost month and a half buildup to a holiday that is gone in one day.  But that's not the way it was traditionally done.  In fact in liturgical Christian tradition Christmas day is the beginning of 12 days of celebration.  I like that a lot better.  Or at least until the New Year...which is considered a part of the Holidays as well.  

Anyway, for me Christmas is a season and it's not over yet 🎄  The decorations, music and movies will continue for another week 🙂  

(Oh and merry Christmas everyone!  I meant to post yesterday but I was making rather merry and didn't go online 😄 )     

Edited by AloneGuy

9 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

In fact in liturgical Christian tradition Christmas day is the beginning of 12 days of celebration.  I like that a lot better.

It is my understanding (right or wrong) that the 12 days of Christmas starts with Christmas Day and ends with Epiphany (January 6th) which is the day the three wise men (/kings/magi) arrived with their gifts for the Christ Child.  

If you want a chuckle, search for "The Twelve Days After Christmas lyrics".  When I was in high school, our chorus sang this song for the school Christmas concert.  The looks on some of the faces in the audience were priceless.  🤣

Just now, sober4life said:

Do it all year if you want to.

In my RV ramblings  I noticed that RV and trailer parks often simply had colored lights--Xmas lights--all the time.  Not everyone would have lights, but  lots did.    People would trim their vehicles and trailer, around the awnings.  It was always cool to see.    I stayed in places in several states, enough to know it was an RV culture thing.

Bulgakov

Prism blues, greens, yellows.  I have three prisms I ordered for about ten bucks I think.  The only one I'm using now is the globe one, cut like disco ball but more facets, about golf ball size. 

I put a few decorating-with-a-prism photos in my gallery.  I'm working with a minimal glint of direct sun, which is what you need.  These pics are from a east facing window, and it only gets a brief angle of sun in the winter.  If you had  a south facing window no telling what you might see.

Roy G. Biv

Edited by Bulgakov