TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have a parent like that and he'll say things like I thought about asking you if you wanted to come with us which isn't true.  He's saying what he thinks I want to hear.

Seems like he is saying what he wants to hear.  Trying to convince or excuse himself.  

1 hour ago, Wolven said:

I hope that my story about myself, quote I wrote and other things about myself on DF helps at least one person out there. That would truly make me smile and happy  knowing I did something good and contributed to the world. 

You have helped me.  I was slipping but your posts helped get me back on track.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It's obvious the weather is changing around here.  It even confuses the trees.  Yes they have all lost their leaves but you can go around to every one of them and see the trees are budding too.

Uh-oh.  Bad news if they bud out this early and then the cold winter hits.

14 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

Uh-oh.  Bad news if they bud out this early and then the cold winter hits.

They'll still come back in the spring.  Honestly I was just happy to see buds at the top knowing that I probably won't have to take those trees down next year.  Get me the hell out of here!:coophelp:

Just now, DialAForAlan said:

@Bulgakov It's when you have intrusive thoughts that are racist. 

Thanks Alan for saying.  You're asking a very large question.  If your feelings make you want to try and think differently about how you perceive people, then I think you've already done most of the work.  Just keeping that in mind will help solve your dilemma.  Once a teacher told me, "You can make all the value judgements you want; as long as you're aware you're making them."

Best, Bulgakov

@DialAForAlanWe all have intrusive thoughts.  For a lot of my life I went down a bad path or a wrong path because I believed everything I heard up there in my head was me thinking and how I felt about things but it's not the case.  Strangely when we were created there was a part put in our brains that constantly tries to trip us up and throw us off course in life.  The part that addicts like me call the disease.  

On 12/10/2020 at 6:00 AM, watalife said:

What do you do when you hurt all over but it's at the beginning of the day? 🤕

If it's muscle aches all over then try L-Glutamine. You can get it as powder and add to flavored water or pill form. I get powder and drink it at night after hard workouts. It speeds up muscle fatigue recovery. You can find it at any "vitamin store" you like.

If it's bones aching at the joints then I go with a joint specific solution. I use something with UC-II Collagen and Hyaluronic acid. It's not a pain reliever like taking Advil. It's a way to get more lubrication in the joints to help keep them which in effect helps with pain.

Or just take an Advil...

Btw, I have some bulging veins too that was hereditary. I think they call it varicose veins. That seems to be more of an aesthetic thing than something that causes pain.

I think these computers I use are on their last leg.  This one is 9 years old and the other one is probably 8 years old.  It's becoming a miracle any time I get them to do anything.😒No I'm on the one that I thought was 8 years old now and it's 13 years old.

Edited by sober4life