TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

@sober4lifeWe have a stray thats been around since I've lived here and shes always lived outside. A woman moved in about 3 years ago and took her in until about 3 months ago. She said something was wrong with her and quit letting her in. She has a dog now that yaps and pees everywhere so i dont see the trade off. Anyways the cat is back outdoors now and she was on my porch last night crying and hungry. 😭

Edited by watalife

The last dog I had I actually found as a stray.  He came up to me on a storm day like today when I was shoveling.  I hope another dog shows up today if I'm being honest.  Yes house training is rough in the beginning but I live like a pig.  Who says this place doesn't stink anyway.🤭

Will it be a lottery?  Vaccine distribution.  First Responders and medical/nursing home first.  Maybe then the elderly--that's me!  Then there's some argument already about who comes next, like 18-32 year olds because they are the spreaders--I heard this suggested.  

They eventually get to the rest of us, which will be most of us.  What to help decide?  Population density, COVID severity--The Navajo Nation here in Arizona.  Maybe  lottery then, or alphabetical, or by age . . . or maybe just more politics.  It may be the coming media event.

Bulgakov

There shouldn't be any argument.  If I was running the government I would have enough made for every single person and everyone would be given the vaccine by the end of the week.  They could do this.  Of course they know how many of us there are and where we all are.  All government workers this is your job until everyone is vaccinated.  There is no more important job than this.  Yes this is coming from someone that doesn't want the vaccine myself.  I would gladly give you my dose @Bulgakov

1 hour ago, watalife said:

I cant stop worrying about my cats health and happiness. Does anyone have any words of wisdom to put these thoughts out of my head. Its just a cat and we are just a spec in this huge big shit pile. 💩

Aw, you worry about him because you are a pet parent now and there's a little string going from his heart to yours ❤️

You know if anything happens to him it's gonna break your heart so you want to do everything you can to keep your heart in one piece. He is your heart. Your little love. Your baby 😺

It's not easy being a mamma but the love and snuggles make it all worthwhile 😍

It will get easier as you get to know each other better and learn to relax around him more. As your love grows (it grows a bit more every day) you will care less and less about the broken stuff 😬

He will teach you important lessons about love. He will adore you, mamma. He does adore you 😍 and I'm sure you are doing a great job of looking after him. Have faith in yourself that you are doing a good job and remember that you will both calm down in time 😂 Promise 😁

Edited by Nightjar

I tell people I don't have OCD anymore and then I spend an hour adjusting the belt on the treadmill just right and then another hour rearranging the drawer I got the tool out of perfectly when I'm done.  It would be nice if I could just leave the exact tool by the treadmill for next time but I won't be able to sleep knowing the tool is laying out of the drawer instead of being in it's right place in the drawer.

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Aw, you worry about him because you are a pet parent now and there's a little string going from his heart to yours ❤️

You know if anything happens to him it's gonna break your heart so you want to do everything you can to keep your heart in one piece. He is your heart. Your little love. Your baby 😺

It's not easy being a mamma but the love and snuggles make it all worthwhile 😍

It will get easier as you get to know each other better and learn to relax around him more. As your love grows (it grows a bit more every day) you will care less and less about the broken stuff 😬

He will teach you important lessons about love. He will adore you, mamma. He does adore you 😍 and I'm sure you are doing a great job of looking after him. Have faith in yourself that you are doing a good job and remember that you will both calm down in time 😂 Promise 😁

You're just like me when it comes to love for animals and just like me when it comes to people refering to your 3 words of the moment post.

2 minutes ago, watalife said:

@Nightjar i meant him being alone while im at work and not having a second cat just yet 😞😿 hes lonely and you can tell. 

Sorry if anyones tired of hearing about cats 🐈 😹😆

No need to apologise. Yep, I have the same worry about mine. She's alone when I go out and she hates it. 

She has separation anxiety in a big way because of her past but I couldn't afford another cat and wouldn't have the energy. 

I spend  A LOT of time with her and give her LOADS of attention. She's doesn't do badly. I'm sure yours gets loads of attention too by the sounds of things. We can't be with them all of the time 🤷‍♀️

50 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

It's scary when that happens isn't it? 😳

No its not that, i know im alone 100%. This person is the only reason i have a phone and he sends people over here if he cant get ahold of me. Could you imagine never being called to do anything (movies, restaurants, shopping) with your only parent i mean literally never ever being included. I dont care one bit because hes always been that way. But he is with his other daughter and ex wife every day. And your telling me my name never comes up? Like" hey wonder what shes doing , let see if she wants to go? Its unbelievable really. They can all go f#ck themselves!

Merry Christmas 🎄

I have a parent like that and he'll say things like I thought about asking you if you wanted to come with us which isn't true.  He's saying what he thinks I want to hear.  Why would I want to hear that though.  It shows how mixed up he is if he thinks I want to believe he thought about asking me to go somewhere but changed his mind.

Talking the talk.  I began to talk to myself, infrequently, several years ago.  But, I think it's more correctly called "thinking out loud."  That's what I do.  I do it to hear a voice, besides TV and music. 

I've never said a thing I wasn't thinking, that is, never talked to myself.  If I start saying things out loud I'm not thinking . . .  to myself?   I'm not answering myself yet; anyway, maybe I'll be good company if I do. 

Bulgakov

7 hours ago, watalife said:

No its not that, i know im alone 100%. This person is the only reason i have a phone and he sends people over here if he cant get ahold of me. Could you imagine never being called to do anything (movies, restaurants, shopping) with your only parent i mean literally never ever being included. I dont care one bit because hes always been that way. But he is with his other daughter and ex wife every day. And your telling me my name never comes up? Like" hey wonder what shes doing , let see if she wants to go? Its unbelievable really. They can all go f#ck themselves!

Merry Christmas 🎄

Yikes. People can be so selfish. I get it. It hurts like hell to be left out. My family is so f*cked up though that I actually like being left out 😬

1 minute ago, Nightjar said:

Yikes. People can be so selfish. I get it. It hurts like hell to be left out. My family is so f*cked up though that I actually like being left out 😬

Yeah knowing that I won't have to see a lot of them until Christmas Eve feels like I'm on vacation!  Free I'm free ha ha ha like the doctor on What About Bob.