TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

33 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I have to do it in person myself.  Can I give someone a good life?  Yes but I can't really explain how.  Online dating would go like my job application.  They would laugh all day long about what I would have to put there.  What do you do?  Watch cartoons, play video games, nothing really.  Not a chance.  In person I can make anything happen in person.

Im the same. I always know my best chance at getting the job/guy/friend is to meet them in person. So that they meet the person and not the statistics 👍

A year ago today my cat Sissy passed away, so she's been on my mind quite a lot.  Losing her just really hurt me so bad, and Thanksgiving week last year was the worst week I've ever had.  I cried for days and my eyes became just really swollen almost shut.  It was a pitch black depression and I don't really remember cooking on Thanksgiving, though apparently I did.  But I did recover, and slowly day by day I began to accept that she was gone and started crying less often.  And then about two months later I adopted my cat Shelby, and she's with me now and this is definitely going to be a much brighter Thanksgiving for me.  I'll never ever forget Sissy (her urn and shrine is on the shelf in front of me as I type this) but I'm so happy to have Shelby in my life now.  Anyway I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Even though my card reading I had this morning said what I currently feel deep inside a bit. I do know its extremely accurate feeling slightly off. I feel really great, content and motivated right now too still or trying my best too regardless. I also feel sorta alright being on DF a bit as well. 

36 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I'm loving your work 👊

Well what's the point making plans and feeling like the people in my life get in the way of the plans or try to derail them all the time.  The people in my life should be happy about my future life plans and want to encourage those plans not tell me I was just another one of mom's rescue dogs.  Yeah I heard that comment recently.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well what's the point making plans and feeling like the people in my life get in the way of the plans or try to derail them all the time.  The people in my life should be happy about my future life plans and want to encourage those plans not tell me I was just another one of mom's rescue dogs.  Yeah I heard that comment recently.

:no:

Those people are fleabags. Not you 😤

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

... not tell me I was just another one of mom's rescue dogs.  Yeah I heard that comment recently.

I'd rather be a "rescue dog" than one of those arrogant "pure breads" you family think they are. Remember when people say that crap. There is nothing more lovable than a mutt. At least when it comes to dogs. 🐶

1 hour ago, In2deep4me said:

I'd rather be a "rescue dog" than one of those arrogant "pure breads" you family think they are. Remember when people say that crap. There is nothing more lovable than a mutt. At least when it comes to dogs. 🐶

I know I love dogs.  I got to see my favorite dog on my walk today.  She ran up to me and I hugged her.  I never did get my dog though.  I wasn't the only one that thought she was a perfect dog so someone else got her first.  As long as she was rescued from the shelter I'm happy.❤️

The dog talk reminds me of a story my mom told me about a special dog, a fighting dog.  In the old neighborhood people liked to own the toughest dog.  One yellow dog was famous for his fury, for sending all dogs packing. He had short legs and a monstrous snout. No one could really tell what breed of mutt the dog was though. The fastest and the biggest came at him only to turn tail and run, or worse.    

Finally someone in the neighborhood spotted him walking with his dog, so he asked:  "Say that's one helluva dog you got there mister, but some of us have been wondering just what kind it is?"

"Well," the man replied, looking down at his dog.  "Before I cut his tail off and painted him yellow, he used to be an alligator." 

(No alligators, or alligator spirits were harmed during this joke.)

My mom told me jokes like then when I was just a squid.  I thought they were dumb then, but they've gotten funnier as I've gotten older.  Maybe I'm a lot easier to amuse. 

Bulgakov

On 11/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, AloneGuy said:

Oh I think you should!  Sledding is fun I wish I had one as well.  

I think I will get a sled that morning when it's still raining.  I have to go out that morning.  It's going to be one of those days where there is going to be a solid sheet of ice first with about 6 inches of snow on top of it so yeah it will be fun.😄

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think I will get a sled that morning when it's still raining.  I have to go out that morning.  It's going to be one of those days where there is going to be a solid sheet of ice first with about 6 inches of snow on top of it so yeah it will be fun.😄

Cool, what kind of sled do you think you'd like?  When I was a kid we mostly used plastic ones in different shapes, but I've always wanted one of the traditional wooden sleds.  I'd also like to get some of those old-fashioned snowshoes 🙂  This part of Colorado averages over 70 inches of snow each year...would be fun to actually go out and enjoy it.  

1 hour ago, AloneGuy said:

Cool, what kind of sled do you think you'd like?  When I was a kid we mostly used plastic ones in different shapes, but I've always wanted one of the traditional wooden sleds.  I'd also like to get some of those old-fashioned snowshoes 🙂  This part of Colorado averages over 70 inches of snow each year...would be fun to actually go out and enjoy it.  

You know now that you mention this I do have one of those wooden sleds in the closet.  Technically it is a Christmas decoration.  It has lights hooked on it but if I take the lights off of it it'll work.:unsure:I've never used a wooden sled before to be honest.  I've always used plastic sleds or inner tubes with ramps.  We would set up picnic tables as ramps sometimes.  It's been so many years since I've done it but life is short why not?

* I have a ladybug in the bathroom. She enjoys nestling into the dome shaped light on the ceiling where it's warm. Question: Do I offer her some food? What would she prefer? Would putting her outside mean certain death in this frosty weather? Is she a freak of nature, being winter born? 

* I'm really enjoying my new shampoo bar which has no nasties and is conditioning. I now have no need for plastic bottles or spending an age in the shower 👍

* I'm feeling excited for next spring and putting my house on the market 🏡

* Dishes are a pain in the a$$. Always. 

* The older I get, the more I feel like a barnacle 🤔

* If my house was on fire, I couldn't leave without applying make up first 🔥😬🔥

* My bedding collection has multiplied again 😬 I don't mind because most other things are minimal. 

* Should I jettison my frying pan? (can't eat fried food anymore). 

* The sun is a pale disc in the sky. 

* Hope Australia doesn't have fires this year 😬🇦🇺😬

* I kinda want another cat but I couldn't afford or cope with another one 🤔 Plus, mini lion would probably eat it in a jealous rage. 

* mini lion sobs when I wash dishes and take a shower. I agree with her on this. It's torture 😒

Edited by Nightjar

I'm feeling more better about DF being on here. Now I hope I can find others that have similar interests as me and around the same age group as well. We will see I suppose, I'm terrible at making conversations with others to be honest and nervous.

3 hours ago, Wolven said:

I'm feeling more better about DF being on here. Now I hope I can find others that have similar interests as me and around the same age group as well. We will see I suppose, I'm terrible at making conversations with others to be honest and nervous.

You're doing fine here.  You don't have to be nervous.  You can be your full self here and say anything you want.❤️