TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

21 hours ago, watalife said:

330 million in the US and 250,000 is not even 5 percent. This is blowed way out of proportion but for what. Oh yeah the microchip. 😠 control the people control the power. 😵😵😵

There is nothing blown out of proportion with a pandemic. It's world wide, not a US thing. That statistic only covers this country and only for the time being. The level of escalation is moving rapidly and out of control. It has nothing to do with putting tracking devices in you. That's delusional...

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Maybe but if the world is ruled by psychopaths the last thing they want is to find a smarter animal than them out there somewhere.  They try to surround themselves with people that remind them of Tennessee Tuxedo and Chumley so they can take advantage of them.  My true thought about the chip if I take away the paranoia and just look at it.  This has been brought up in thousands of rooms by someone just coming into government.  They say we just got into this line of work to have control of people so why don't we chip everyone?  The first response every time has been well if everyone is chipped people will know where everyone is and what everyone is up to including us.  That ends that talk.

They won't find anything. We are alone in the universe.

Psychopaths don't rule the world. Or perhaps they do, but in essence we are all psychopaths. 

1 hour ago, watalife said:

Ps i work at a hospital and its not like the tv says it is

I have heard the same thing.  Nothing is anything close to as bad as the news says.  It's like when a station wanted us to think there were deadly riots every single day but it was the same videos every day.  Look at what's going on they say and it's a video from 2 months ago.  The only thing that matters to me though is I'm glad you got a job.  It means more to me than anything in this world seeing others that I care about making their way through this nightmare and surviving.❤️

Deep thoughts by watalife

Here's a story of what I have to deal with at work. It was 1100 pm (I leave at 11:15) and we needed a trash can. So I ran down literally and ran back with the can and she says 'thats not our trash can'  . help me Lord :whistling:

Edited by watalife

Before my time, in vaudeville, they had a hook on a pole which would come out from a side curtain, loop around an actor/singer/juggler's neck and drag them off the stage, if the crowd booed and hissed enough. 

I wish the talking heads and their shows could use a virtual hook to snag experts, pols, and pundits who simply will not stop speaking, though they've stopped saying anything.  Most of the authorities I hear interviewed, whatever their specialty, don't seem to be able to wind up a thought.  Any lingering moment of silence triggers them to relaunch their mandate, their rhetoric. 

I was just watching Alan Dershowitz bulldoze a young reporter on Fox.  After lots of time speaking, the reporter tried, I mean four or five times, to interrupt.  It was at first funny, then it just seemed kind of rude of Dershowitz.  Give him, and all the ever talkers the hook.

Bulgakov

Booked to see our occupational health are nurse.(again) I am at my wits end. I will  k ill myself unless I can find a way out of this state of constant hatred and anger, emptiness and hopelessness. 

It probably won't get me anywhere. It didn't the last time I was there for the same reason. 

I need to stop visiting DF. This had done me more harm than good.

Only I am addicted to this. I have nowhere else to pour all this s hit out. It's never ending. I just feed my anger and hate myself more with every entry I write. I get more hopeless the more I read about all your respective issues. 

Fck me how pathetic is that. 

4 hours ago, Wolven said:

Should I stay or go from joining here today, conflicted  at the moment. Extremely afraid that I'll  just get hurt again adding more trauma in my life. Confused on what to do now if this was a good idea to try and be here.

DF is a safe place I think.  The Water Cooler and especially the Forum Cafe - Lighter Side sections of the forum can be pretty fun if you just want to get away from heavier stuff or need a distraction.  Anyway I wish you the best and hope the forums can help you out.      

I was thinking of something today that I saw on tv years ago.  It was on the RoseAnne show, and she and her sis were working at a diner, Martin Mull was the manager.  As the actors moved around the restaurant, a  small blackboard on the facing wall announced "Today's Special:  Loose Meat Sandwich".   It still gives me a laugh.

Bulgakov

I might try online dating again, maybe next month. It's really not necessary to tell me about your disappointing experiences with that--I have done it before. Doesn't matter. Dating during the pandemic is probably best done online anyways so why not?

11 minutes ago, Atra said:

I might try online dating again, maybe next month. It's really not necessary to tell me about your disappointing experiences with that--I have done it before. Doesn't matter. Dating during the pandemic is probably best done online anyways so why not?

I think it's a good idea. I wish I had the confidence to do it. If you've got it, go for it. I'm still waiting for prince charming to sweep me off my feet..... at, the, um, supermarket or something 😂

I always make sure the eyeliner is in place for my weekly shop so that I am my most alluring at the checkouts 😁😂🏪

Edited by Nightjar

I have to do it in person myself.  Can I give someone a good life?  Yes but I can't really explain how.  Online dating would go like my job application.  They would laugh all day long about what I would have to put there.  What do you do?  Watch cartoons, play video games, nothing really.  Not a chance.  In person I can make anything happen in person.

Edited by sober4life