TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

I woke up early this morning, couldn't sleep (as usual) and browsed the internet. When I looked at the clock: 3:33. Decided to Google that. First link I clicked said: Together, your angels and spirit guides are sending signs of 333 to comfort you and to remind you that you have the inner strength to keep going on your way. So I'm gonna go with that since I don't really have anything else to hang my hopes on right now.

I always forget about the ground bees every year but they never forget me do they.  Biggest idiot in the world walking out there every year about this time and says hey there's a big hole there in the ground.  I bet that's my chipmunk friend's home then out comes 50 bees stinging me everywhere!

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

I always forget about the ground bees every year but they never forget me do they.  Biggest idiot in the world walking out there every year about this time and says hey there's a big hole there in the ground.  I bet that's my chipmunk friend's home then out comes 50 bees stinging me everywhere!

OMG sorry you got stung 😳 Did you know bees were endangered? I'm doing everything I can to provide food for them and rescue as many as possible. We're f*cked without them as a species. No more food for us 😳 They pollinate most of our plant food sources 🌱

Edited by Nightjar

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

OMG sorry you got stung 😳 Did you know bees were endangered? I'm doing everything I can to provide food for them and rescue as many as possible. We're f*cked without them as a species. No more food for us 😳 They pollinate most of our plant food sources 🌱

It does seem like there are less bees than when I was a kid but I never thought about it.  I don't even know how to feed them or rescue them.:unsure:

48 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It does seem like there are less bees than when I was a kid but I never thought about it.  I don't even know how to feed them or rescue them.:unsure:

Well they must have a good food source in your garden 👍 If you watch what they are feeding on, you could maybe plant some more? They love lavender, and dandelions. I know they like my foxgloves too. There are loads of things they love. I couldn't tell you the names without looking them up. They love wild flowers (or weeds) and it's great for them to have a wild patch in your garden, as big as possible!! You can just leave a patch and let whatever comes up, come up or seed some wild flowers yourself. 😁 I've got some beautiful moth babies (caterpillars) living in my wild patch. Moths are endangered too and these guys are quite special. I'm extra pleased 😍

@Nightjar - @sober4life -

Yep save those bees. A good friend is a bee keeper. She actually goes out and rescues them from peoples homes and yards. She said they like many wildflowers. I know they like our lavender too. Also found out that there is some spray insecticide used for ******* mosquito's that is very bad for bees. It's a kind used by large companies that spray for them. I got some insecticide that mixes in a pump sprayer so I can just spray ground cover which usually keeps the mosquito level down and not bother bees at all.

You're right on the fact that we need bees way more than people think.  

I saw tons of bees on my walk this evening on the wild flowers.  I guess in my past memories the wild flowers would have been there but not the bees.  Maybe they need to stay there too so I don't get stung next year.  I'm tired of being surprised by things like bees and snakes every year.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted my letter of resignation from my job today. There are several reasons why, each very compelling. I'm confident this is my best option at this time--and also I will miss it, miss working. I love the work and found it very meaningful, especially in current times. But, life is an untidy affair. 

How does someone like that have all those advantages? ATTENTION EVERYONE Being a good person and doing the right thing is not the way to get ahead!!!! I (you) must be bad. I'd rather be dead than be that bad. 

Edited by watalife

1 hour ago, watalife said:

How does someone like that have all those advantages? ATTENTION EVERYONE Being a good person and doing the right thing is not the way to get ahead!!!! I (you) must be bad. I'd rather be dead than be that bad. 

I'm not a bad person.  You don't have to be bad to survive in this world.  Of course I'll have to wear a coat inside for the next six months to survive this life.  Fun times.

Moving. I'm so sick of thinking about moving I think I'd rather stay put Lol. I don't know, well maybe for a bit.

We have a second wave seemingly imminent and so it's not looking like a good idea to even try. And getting a job and/or a life? Doesn't seem so appealing either when it's potentially life threatening. And not so possible either. Less and less possible. 

Looks like I'm stuck in this lifestyle I've created for myself for a while. Could be worse I suppose. I could be 21 and chomping at the bit to do life. I'm at least somewhat experienced in life and can cope with having to live slow 🤷‍♀️

On 9/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, Atra said:

I submitted my letter of resignation from my job today. There are several reasons why, each very compelling. I'm confident this is my best option at this time--and also I will miss it, miss working. I love the work and found it very meaningful, especially in current times. But, life is an untidy affair. 

Hey Atra. Aside from some issues with management, I was wondering if you found that coping with so much unhappiness in your ear on a regular basis was jeapardising your ability to be happy yourself? 

Did the weight of a thousand woes play a part in your decision? 

28 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Did the weight of a thousand woes play a part in your decision? 

💯 Yup. It began jeopardizing my mental health. 

Thousands of calls 📞😢 the pandemic causing a sustained wave of them, overwhelming helplines throughout the States. I used to self-regulate back to baseline between work days. Now I'm in school, reading about and discussing the same mental health issues that have been pouring into my poor ears at work. Living and breathing this every day, 'twas too much. I need more time for self-care. 

Things I didn't expect the stores to be very low or out of:

We know about toilet paper, cleansers, etc.  Some shortages cause by the pandemic were a surprise, but made sense.  In the first months I tried to buy a dumb bell at WalMart, thinking my bicep might atrophy to the point I couldn't use the remote.  All the dumb bells were gone except for some pink three pounders.  Remodeling my sliding dining area, I looked for a space saving mobile desk on Amazon and Walmart, and all the reasonable ones were gone.  Went to blinds.com to get some wood blinds, and they are way the hell backed up, but I did order a set. Some sales have increased because people have been locked down, working, working out, and tired of looking at their aged curtains.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Things I didn't expect the stores to be very low or out of:

We know about toilet paper, cleansers, etc.  Some shortages cause by the pandemic were a surprise, but made sense.  In the first months I tried to buy a dumb bell at WalMart, thinking my bicep might atrophy to the point I couldn't use the remote.  All the dumb bells were gone except for some pink three pounders.  Remodeling my sliding dining area, I looked for a space saving mobile desk on Amazon and Walmart, and all the reasonable ones were gone.  Went to blinds.com to get some wood blinds, and they are way the hell backed up, but I did order a set. Some sales have increased because people have been locked down, working, working out, and tired of looking at their aged curtains.

Bulgakov

I do wonder why there seems to be no mustard anywhere.  There's no coin shortage though.  They still look at me like I'm covered in crap when I pay in change.  I want to go to every store that has a sign that says something about the coin shortage and dump a trash bag of of change on the counter like some Tom Green moment.  I would love to be able to buy a brand new car with unrolled pennies.

7 thoughts by nightjar

1. Having a feline sleeping at the bottom of your bed is like having a soft, strong anchor to bring you back to the world of wakefulness in the morning 🤔

2. I stroked a little dead bee yesterday 🤔  He had a soft little head 😁 

3. If I'm about to die any time soon I'd be scared of the process but I think probably fine with it. 🤔

4. My family are each and every one little nuclear bombs, ready to nuke everything and everyone at a moments notice 😬

5. I think the weather may have now turned for the winter ❄️ 

6. My gardening skills are improving. I actually enjoyed mowing yesterday for the first time and it looks great out there.

7. I still hate hoovering 😑