TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have to take my car in next week.  I've kept it together up this point through the pandemic.  I hope they aren't the ones that make me snap by trying to make up things that need repaired.

It's the interaction with people which makes me snap. If they are assholes or if I feel I said the wrong thing to them it can floor me and trigger depression. I'm not so worried about what happens to the car! :mad1:

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's the interaction with people which makes me snap. If they are assholes or if I feel I said the wrong thing to them it can floor me and trigger depression. I'm not so worried about what happens to the car! :mad1:

Don't worry about saying the wrong thing.  At this point they hook the car up to some machine that tells them what is wrong usually.  They probably don't even know what they're talking about.  

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Don't worry about saying the wrong thing.  At this point they hook the car up to some machine that tells them what is wrong usually.  They probably don't even know what they're talking about.  

I'll bear it in mind 😉

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

I ordered something 19 days ago and the status is still on order.  What's the chances of me actually getting the thing?  Zero.  So why don't they just cancel and let me move on?

That's why I drove all over town today. I understand some stuff you have to order. But right now is a bad time to be expecting a package. Lol

7 hours ago, watalife said:

That's why I drove all over town today. I understand some stuff you have to order. But right now is a bad time to be expecting a package. Lol

I tried that in the beginning.  I looked everywhere.  It's something they're on the verge of discontinuing.  If I don't get this I'm going to have to have someone come in here and do work which is the worst thing possible.

50 minutes ago, watalife said:

Just watched a news clip from new york and no one is was wearing a mask. Wth?

It's easy all they have to do is put up a clip from any other year and say look they're not wearing masks.  Of course not nobody even knew masks existed then.  People are good though so I can't imagine them lying to us or manipulating us.

I like it when it rains. But it's not so nice when it only rains just enough for the humidity to skyrocket. I took a nap and it apparently rained while I was asleep, because when I got up there was steam everywhere. 

Also, the buffalo gnats are back. 😕 

On 8/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, sober4life said:

I ordered something 19 days ago and the status is still on order.  What's the chances of me actually getting the thing?  Zero.  So why don't they just cancel and let me move on?

They're trying to go the route of making the tracking link not work anymore and hoping I'll be too much of a wimp to do anything about not getting my product ha they don't know who they're messing with.  I'll absolutely show up at their store and cause a scene!

I started grad school last week. The last time I was student was in the 1990s. There are classmates of mine who look like they were born in the 90s, it's effen weird. I wonder when I'll hear them say something ageist?

What I'm mostly thinking about is relearning how to be a student, how to get all the reading done on time. I'm using student "muscles" I haven't used in decades, trying to be patient with myself while I exercise them.

I've forgotten how to skim books and consequently, it is taking me too long to read everything assigned. I'll get better at it, I'm sure. 

Not only did God bless me with lifelong mental illness and lack of a good life but he also gave me bad legs. I can't wear shorts ever again so whats the use in trying to look good  or tan. People that are 50 60 and 70 have better looking legs than me. Its over for me but im not dead yet? 

I haven't had a full time job in what 4 or 5 years now?  I was still drinking at the time and working at McDonalds.  I drank for 2 straight days and went straight from that to working morning breakfast shift.  I'm surprised it didn't work out.  It was my last day.  You're always welcome here for Christmas @watalife❤️

Edited by sober4life

2 hours ago, watalife said:

Ordered my goods now I just need a job 

Landing a job now has about the same odds as winning the grand prize of the Powerball lottery. Bosses rather retrench then make each remaining employee do the work of 3. The only way you'll even sniff an interview is if you know a manager in the company who'd refer you in. 

24 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

Landing a job now has about the same odds as winning the grand prize of the Powerball lottery. Bosses rather retrench then make each remaining employee do the work of 3. The only way you'll even sniff an interview is if you know a manager in the company who'd refer you in. 

I don't work in the desirable fields. I'm at the bottom, with the degenerates.