TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

21 hours ago, hocico said:

I was reading some of his quotes yesterday and he seems a pretty down to earth, hard working, well grounded guy.

Google "dwayne johnson college gpa" sometime. Yeah he's a peer. He struggled with depression in college and was basically expelled. College football career ended, disappointment to his father. He says he felt lost and considered suicide.

I've always liked his movies, kitschy as they may be, and I like him alot more since he's been an advocate for mental health and anti-stigma. 

Yesterday was another "good news and bad news" kind of day. On one hand, I finally got my new recliner and it's softer and more comfortable than I expected it to be. On the other, the shipping of my Blue plush has been delayed yet again, but I'm okay with it cause Amazon is much more reliable in general and I know they won't let me down.

2 hours ago, Atra said:

Google "dwayne johnson college gpa" sometime. Yeah he's a peer. He struggled with depression in college and was basically expelled. College football career ended, disappointment to his father. He says he felt lost and considered suicide.

I've always liked his movies, kitschy as they may be, and I like him alot more since he's been an advocate for mental health and anti-stigma. 

He probably spent his early years trying to make his father proud doing what his father wanted him to do.  What kind of father says you're a disappointment son?  I know the father type.  He probably still tells him that even now.  I'm glad he moved on and did the things that made him happy.

43 minutes ago, watalife said:

@sober4life I have a orange male over here if your interested. He likes to climb the ceiling , step on your food plate , and drink out of toilets and tubs.

So are you saying I should stick to enjoying animals from afar like I've been doing.  I know it's hard work.  I know animals act like children sometimes and you wonder what they're thinking sometimes like here with the birds making their nests in my burn pile smacks head.  I'm lonely though.  I need something or someone here.  Most people around here get their pets from a dog or cat showing up at their door one day.  There are 2 local shelters but usually all they ever have is huge out of control dogs that you can't even safely take for walks because they're so strong.

6 hours ago, watalife said:

This my first domestic cat. My other cats were not this crazy during their whole lifetime. 

I've only had one cat inside and he was pretty much the real life Garfield.  All he did is eat and sleep.  He would hiss and swat at you if you tried to pet him.

There are trees in my neighborhood who are well over 100 years old. They were here long before I was born, and they will be here long after I die, and they've never moved. What it is like to see so much happen in your lifetime? What would they think about it all? All those who made homes within their branches, all the storms and floods, everybody who thoughtlessly ran their four-wheelers over your roots? Generations come and gone within sight, over the decades? Air quality, climate change? We think we're hot stuff because if we're "lucky" we get to live 80 years, but we do it in lots of different places and in different ways. What if you did it all in one spot?

What if This virus is not new and it's being labeled as that because it's really the plague or just a more dramatic flu or another common disease. What if it is all just a scam for other reason like money for hospitals to keep afloat. Most of the test are wrong and people aren't dying as much as they say. It's the plague! I feel like the good days have come and gone. Like sober said 'its over'!

Not a Political Statement.

I'm not a political pundit, but it is easy to see why the Biden side resisted naming a VP as long as possible.   They knew that soon as announced, the nominee would face a barrage of condemnation for whatever anyone could think of or dig up.  That's politics.  It's not interesting, and the way it's practiced hamstrings human evolution.  

George Floyd, Covid, The Poors' revolution against human history, Afghanistan, etc.; all lost in the meanness that can never be satisfied.

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

It is so beautiful outside but the only thing I can afford to do is sit here and watch reruns. It would be nice to go to the lake or the mountains just once this year. And the theme park also🎢🎡. What a wonderful life and world 😞 Boooooooooo! 

It's weird how you can go about your day and just look normal - meanwhile your brain is saying the most awful things about yourself. It's like being in an abusive relationship but you can't even go into another room to get away.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, Hertz said:

Thinking a lot about suicide. I'm not gonna do anything.

Me too.

I just heard a news caster again compare Trump to Nero who fiddled while Rome burned.  Nero is getting the short end of the deal here. 

Historical records agree that Nero wasn't in Rome when the fire started, but he hurried back, opened public buildings, and provided food for those fleeing the fire.  There is speculation he might have had the fire started, to clear room for a building project he had in mind the Senate was blocking, maybe, but Nero shifted the blame onto early Christians, in around 60 or so AD I think.  Nero kicked off the persecution of Christians, torturing and martyring lots, but it's unlikely he fiddled while Rome burned.

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

How much I hate communicating to someone about something I know nothing about. 

Ie: the garage. I have no clue about cars and it irks the hell outta me to pretend to be confident when I'm booking in my car when I know zero about any of it. Zilch. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

How much I hate communicating to someone about something I know nothing about. 

Ie: the garage. I have no clue about cars and it irks the hell outta me to pretend to be confident when I'm booking in my car when I know zero about any of it. Zilch. 

I have to take my car in next week.  I've kept it together up this point through the pandemic.  I hope they aren't the ones that make me snap by trying to make up things that need repaired.

Meaning of existence or lack of.

Look at this picture of the Earth, look at us, friends. We’re a crumb, a speck, a pixel! Every one of us is sitting on that almost-invisible chip of nothing. Hell, everyone you’ve ever known or heard of lived on that chip of nothing—drifting through space, enveloped on all sides by an inestimable black. It’s just usdown there. Us. No one is listening to our cries. No one is waiting to save us. We continue to misunderstand, hate, attack, torture, and M***** one another in our petty human squabbles. We imagine ourselves to be more important than our neighbors, more important than the Earth. We deceive ourselves. We share this planet; and the Earth, at least for now, is all we have. Cherish the rock! Preserve what lives there! Be decent to one another!”

Carl Sagan after seeing a n image taking by Voyager, 3,7 billion miles away, beyond Neptune and on the  inner regions Kuiper Belt...