Jump to content

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4


Natasha1

Recommended Posts

My mother is going in for an op tomorrow am. It's potentially very dangerous for her and she might not make it this time. It's scary. I've had a few sleepless nights. I imagine tonight I'm gonna be pretty panicky. 

Probably by the time I check in here next the op will be over. If the op goes well, that's good, but the doctors have said that she may be seriously ill afterwards and need intensive care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

My mother is going in for an op tomorrow am. It's potentially very dangerous for her and she might not make it this time. It's scary. I've had a few sleepless nights. I imagine tonight I'm gonna be pretty panicky. 

Probably by the time I check in here next the op will be over. If the op goes well, that's good, but the doctors have said that she may be seriously ill afterwards and need intensive care.

I hope everything goes well.  I'm here for you if you need me.❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

How many times do I have to hear someone say we have to keep politics out of this and then the very next sentence they say and everything they say after that is politics?!

Exactly!  It is amazing how often this type of thing is happening.  The super-fast 180-degree spin makes me wonder if they really think no one notices their hypocrisy. It reminds me of the one-liner, "All extremists should be shot!"  Oh no, that is not an extremist comment.   🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

Exactly!  It is amazing how often this type of thing is happening.  The super-fast 180-degree spin makes me wonder if they really think no one notices their hypocrisy. It reminds me of the one-liner, "All extremists should be shot!"  Oh no, that is not an extremist comment.   🙄

They do it because if they label the other person as doing something wrong and they are against you then they must be your friend and be on your side.  It's bs manipulation.  It's the idea that if there is a dispute and one side is labeled as bad the other side must be good and right which is nonsense.

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

"All extremists should be shot!"

Yeah jkd,

45 years ago, I saw this one etched into the gray paint of a truck stop bathroom wall.  "Support mental health, or I'll k*ll you."  I guess it had been around awhile, even then.

Bulgakov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, watalife said:

At this point people should not watch the news if they want to remain peaceful and calm

I've always avoided the news, just assuming that whatever's happening in the world is bad stuff that is as bad as anything I can imagine in a world of bad.

 

Now the actual news dwarfs any and all of the worst assumptions I ever had. Which means continuing to avoid the news is starting to make me feel pretty good about myself, because I never had the ability to imagine things this bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, watalife said:

At this point people should not watch the news if they want to remain peaceful and calm and hopeful for the future

I remember Greg Gutfeld saying all media is evil even this channel.  Every single news station is using this time to manipulate us.  Sure we hear the news but if you have a news station on you're being manipulated the whole time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if everyone is having the "coin shortage" or the times when the supermarkets only have self checkouts open.  They're using this time to turn the world into a cashless society so any time they want to turn off our money supply they can.  Also they're trying to get rid of the cashiers.  Soon there won't be any such thing.  Oh and when they did the stimulus checks they were testing the universal basic income idea too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, watalife said:

I'll take the basis income! I don't want anything from this life so I'll stay at home. And making 8.00 an hour my whole life, im not going to get anywhere anyway. 

Well I don't see the stay at home thing happening.  What I meant is they were seeing if we could survive on that amount of money.  If they went to a basic income for everyone they would probably become a country that will choose what job you do.  This country is right on the edge of becoming a socialist country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The op went well which is an actual miracle(!) but I'm just worried about mom being in the hospital in case she gets the dreaded plague infection. 

Feeling a knot in the stomach today and everything is irritating me. Wish I could just chill today but mini lion would never allow it. Lol. I have to attend to her highness at all times 😂 She needs her play time shortly and then there is the litter box to attend to. Ah well, no rest for the wicked I suppose 😈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

The op went well which is an actual miracle(!) but I'm just worried about mom being in the hospital in case she gets the dreaded plague infection. 

Feeling a knot in the stomach today and everything is irritating me. Wish I could just chill today but mini lion would never allow it. Lol. I have to attend to her highness at all times 😂 She needs her play time shortly and then there is the litter box to attend to. Ah well, no rest for the wicked I suppose 😈

The way you wrote "the litter box" makes it sound like a formidable task indeed 😂 :hugs:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on my recent 'medical traveling'.  The news is mostly good.  Dad is getting better and just needs to keep getting better.  There will still be a couple more follow ups, but everything is progressing fine.  Mom got some suggestions from the doc and will be having a follow up early next month.  So, all three of us are doing OK with appointments still coming up.

 I am not exactly sure how my mental health is going.  I actually feel better but sluggish.  Hot, humid weather really drags me down, and that is what we are having lately.  <*sigh*>   Well, I will take whatever good news I can get and keep slogging through everything else.  Everyone take care and best wishes.   🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How I got through five months of quarantine: keeping busy by scheduling lots of meetings and doing lots of volunteer stuff plus working part time. I suppose I was concerned that too much free time indoors might create conditions for a depressive episode. 

Now I'm tired of being busy indoors and considering scaling back commitments. Been giving some thought to spending more time outdoors in natural surroundings; parks and hiking. More reading. Maybe more in-person visits with the 4 people in my bubble. 

It certainly feels like it's time to shake things up. Many of the ways I've been coping with isolation no longer seem to work. I wonder of that's true for most people?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing works to cope with the isolation anymore.  There isn't any hope or any real reason to believe things are going to work out.  There's nothing to fight for because I fully believe this is it.  It's over.  It has the feeling of being put away for life in prison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...