TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I miss mom.  There's nothing for me in this world anymore.  I can't wait until this is over.

Obviously, you and your mom were close.  I really am sorry for your pain and wish there was something I could do to help.  But I know from experience that is not realistic.   (((*huggs*)))

I had a lousy shift at work.

An abusive caller spewing their hateful beliefs into my ear, ended that call. Upside is they're now banned from using our service. Another caller who was very sweet and quite troubled -- and that went fine. Until they got creepy and hit on me. Ugh. 

But I also got a hefty bonus added to my paycheck. Enough to pay next month's rent. Or, maybe a laptop. I haven't decided. 

The OMV (AKA DMV) just opened up today. Tomorrow I'm going to go in and try to get my out-of-state license transferred to this state. But it is "class M" only, which means I can't drive a car, I can only use a motorcycle. I'm thinking about whether or not they'll let me take the driving test to get class D as well - or if they'll even notice the difference.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, Tymothi said:

Why they had to [end the life of] Kirk in Star Trek Generations. There was no need for that. At all. 😞

I agree.  I also think it was unnecessary to have Data die in Star Trek Nemesis.      

5g is causing a lot of problems already. Security breaches, failed communications, computer hacks. I had my credit card number stolen 3 weeks ago and that has never happened in my whole adult life???  Why now. Does this make sense. Lol

Edited by watalife

One day I'll be able to tell my children I finally realized I was completely alone in this world on Father's Day.  Of course they won't be real children.  They will be figments of my imagination like everyone else I talk to for the rest of this life.

Every time I go outside the neighbor dog hears that I'm out there and whines and begs for anyone to act like he's alive.  It makes me so angry that his life is being tied to a tree and then he's lucky if anyone ever pays attention to him again.  Why is this still allowed in this world?  What is the point of this?

@sober4life down the road some new people moved in and every time I drive by there two huskys are tied to the trees. They have maybe 6ft to walk around and one always lays under the truck and never moves 😭. What are they guarding? A big pile of drugs or what? What are they for if they are tied to those trees all day. Animals are to love and we are to give them a good life!!!!!

20 minutes ago, watalife said:

@sober4life down the road some new people moved in and every time I drive by there two huskys are tied to the trees. They have maybe 6ft to walk around and one always lays under the truck and never moves 😭. What are they guarding? A big pile of drugs or what? What are they for if they are tied to those trees all day. Animals are to love and we are to give them a good life!!!!!

I agree animals are to love.  I love animals!  This is farm country.  Honestly some farms just let dogs run free.  They are smart enough to stay on their farms for the most part and if they go from house to house around here people don't care.  They're fine with it.  It's nonsense to tie up dogs in farm country.  It's not realistic to tie them up and call them guard dogs around here.  There isn't a dog on this earth that could protect me from some of the things that come out of these woods.  Tied up dogs will not survive around here.

It breaks my heart to see animals immobilized or encaged at the whim of a selfish human. On my evening walks, I always pass by a house where there are chickens pecking about the front yard and cats that just lay there and watch. They're all fed, they're all happy, and they all know home.

Also, tacos. I want tacos.

Dunno, perhaps corona is nature's reaction to humanity's fu cked upness. 

Too many of us living the wrong way(ecologically speaking), too many people using up natural resources. 

Or perhaps nature decided to take sides against the likes of presidents whose name rhyme with dump or spew tin..

Then again I think humanity just sucks.

We get what we deserve.

Edited by samadhiSheol