TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Natasha1

3 minutes ago, watalife said:

When I went to target today people were running from me, backing up from me and it was crazy as #!@! . I must look diseased. 

No... it's not you.. the people who are already rude and ill mannered in public in normal times, have just raised the bar to great heights in their behavior..... ignore them because there are still so many good hearted people out there...😃

Thinking about what a selfish ahole my husband is.selfish child left making dinner (he bbqs chicken,) because he was pissed off that the matches werent where he was expecting them to be. Spiteful prick.

And he went to bed without a word after shutting us out and i have NO FREAKING IDEA where he hid the easter bunny candy.

So she has gone to bed excited about it and now there will be nothing.

Yeah it is tempting.  If I started drinking right now there wouldn't be an end to it.  I would only have to know what is going on in this life for a couple more hours and then never again.  I'd be gone by the end of the week.😃

On 4/12/2020 at 5:49 AM, SoulSurvivor said:

No... it's not you.. the people who are already rude and ill mannered in public in normal times, have just raised the bar to great heights in their behavior..... ignore them because there are still so many good hearted people out there...😃

Indeed the current situation has meant they have just brought their rude nature out into the open, yes things are more stressful at the moment but that's not a reason to take it out on others. 

Our government's dithering and inability to stick to a decision or even make one. 

I feel very content and ready to start my day today as well excited for Friday to have my session again with my therpist. So then I can tell her of my progress I've been making so far on my own. Lastly I've  been into and studying up on spiritual things once again and its feels nice to dive back into it. So I've been feeling pretty good from doing so also I'm not afraid to be my true self when it comes to that kinds of stuff. 

The prospect of giving myself a haircut looms and I'm avoiding this because I predict disaster. I have clippers not barber scissors. I'm going to have to buzz it off and try to ignore the patches of head where there's no hair. 

What's the big deal Atra it will grow back. So help me I know. And yet I can't bear the distress. 

45 minutes ago, Atra said:

The prospect of giving myself a haircut looms and I'm avoiding this because I predict disaster. I have clippers not barber scissors. I'm going to have to buzz it off and try to ignore the patches of head where there's no hair. 

What's the big deal Atra it will grow back. So help me I know. And yet I can't bear the distress. 

I used to cut my own hair and it looked awful.  The way the president is talking he wants to start opening up the country very soon.  I think you should wait.  I know my hair looks terrible.  I haven't had a haircut in 5 months!

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

I used to cut my own hair and it looked awful.  The way the president is talking he wants to start opening up the country very soon.  I think you should wait.  I know my hair looks terrible.  I haven't had a haircut in 5 months!

I think my self-cut is going to look awful, too. Yet awful should be a relative word now as nobody is going to have a decent hair do for a while yet. 

When you cut your own hair, did you stand? Sit? Electric clippers only or scissors too? 

1 hour ago, Atra said:

I think my self-cut is going to look awful, too. Yet awful should be a relative word now as nobody is going to have a decent hair do for a while yet. 

When you cut your own hair, did you stand? Sit? Electric clippers only or scissors too? 

I cut my own hair when I was still actively drinking.  I just used electric clippers in the mirror.  I didn't care what I looked like.  If I wanted it to look good I would go very slowly and use scissors.  I'm not touching my hair right now.

I had several uneasy visits to hair cut places 15 years ago.  One young lady was talking, not paying attention, and she sprayed so much water during the cut that it ran down my back.  "You sure sweat a lot," she said once I stood up.  I remember that. 

So I got a FloBee, which was being advertised pretty heavy on TV then.  I've used it ever since.  I understand from news reports that there has been a run on them, and it's almost impossible to order one now.  Maybe the president is receiving requests for FloBees from all over the world. 

The model needs to be recast to include this variant. 

How's My Hair, Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Is suntanning without sunscreen politically incorrect? A replica of Malibu Barbie released in 2002 included a bottle of suntan lotion that the original doll in 1971 didn't have, because it was considered politically incorrect for her to tan without it in 2002. What does suntan lotion have to do with political correctness?

My sleep last night was a bit better than the past three days of the dreams I had or not sleeping good in general. So I'm grateful still even if it wasn't 100% great it was half way there. Now it's time to hug and cuddle with my tubby cat. :cat_jumps::icon12:

So my sister has been sick with suspected COVID-19 for going on two weeks now.  She's a doctor and I guess she must have caught it at work before starting to work from home.  She's quarantined at home in her room away from her husband and kids (her husband now sleeps in their living room) , probably the most alone time she's had in years haha.  She wants to wait on testing until after she recovers and then get an antibody test.  She'll be ok I'm sure and is finally starting to feel better except for a bad cough, but her fever is down.  I trust that if she gets worse or starts having breathing issues that she'll go to the hospital.       

And then over in West Virginia, my brother's fiance managed to get a COVID-19 test and tested negative.  That didn't surprise me at all as I knew her symptoms were anxiety and depression related.  She hasn't been right since their trip to L.A. last month to visit her dying father, who has since passed away.  I really feel for her.

Here in this house my parents and I are still healthy.  I've totally lost track of time and all the days blend together.  There's lots more on my mind but I'm becoming very introverted lately.