Jump to content
Natasha1

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Recommended Posts

So my state of Colorado issued a stay-at-home order starting today (Denver had already done so)  Too late in my opinion, but better than doing nothing.  The death toll from the virus rose quickly here this week and is up to 19 (it was 7 just a couple days ago).  Gov. Polis (who I like and voted for) has apparently asked Trump to declare Colorado a major disaster area.

Also been thinking about springtime lately 🙂 I'm going to start setting up my Easter decorations soon.  I don't have many, but it would be nice to change the indoor scenery a bit in here.          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I understand why all the stores have pick up and delivery and more self checkouts than cashiers. Less contact with humans. Get rid of the human workers bring in the machines. Make people fear others (virus), and rely on all technology to do jobs and perform all tasks that are done by humans. Also keep track of everything with  store cards and cell phones. Blah blah blah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sort of have a stay at home order here, but like...it says we can still exercise outside so...it doesn't seem like it's enforceable or anything. There still tons of people in the parks, especially with their dogs. Not me because it's hot as hell (in the 80s everyday) so I've only been doing a bit of walking at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's absurd that we feel like we have to sneak around to walk right now but the cops and the rangers are terrible right now.  You could sit on my porch and watch the sheriff and the ranger going after people all day.  They go back and forth on my road waiting for any unlucky car to come along and then they go after them.  This is really helping the virus isn't it?  Money money money is all it's ever about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether it was nature or nurture that turned me into a 30-year-old-living-with-their-parents type. I am completely in awe of people my age who are educated and self sufficient in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now 29 states have issued stay at home orders.  Not sure why the others haven't done so yet...not sure what they're waiting for.  It's not like things are going to get better any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

So now 29 states have issued stay at home orders.  Not sure why the others haven't done so yet...not sure what they're waiting for.  It's not like things are going to get better any time soon.

I don't think they want to lock down the whole country.  What if they locked down the whole country for 3 months and most of the people survive that long and realize they don't need the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I don't think they want to lock down the whole country.  What if they locked down the whole country for 3 months and most of the people survive that long and realize they don't need the government.

But these are individual governors deciding to do this as an attempt to stop the spread, not the federal government, and I highly doubt Trump would do that anyway.  It's not really a lock down...stay at home means you can still go out for groceries, exercise, medical needs, and to care for family in other households.  If that's enough to somehow turn people into anarchists, then we are in pretty sad shape indeed haha. 

I just want to see an end to this virus.  I'm tired of constantly worrying 24/7 about the health of my family and friends across the country, and in this house.  One way to stop this from spreading is to stop going out needlessly.  Just my view of things during this really weird time 🙂  It may be too little too late anyway.        

 

Edited by AloneGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, watalife said:

Now I understand why all the stores have pick up and delivery and more self checkouts than cashiers. Less contact with humans. Get rid of the human workers bring in the machines. Make people fear others (virus), and rely on all technology to do jobs and perform all tasks that are done by humans. Also keep track of everything with  store cards and cell phones. Blah blah blah.

I think this way as well. When I was growing up, we always heard how technology would be this wonderful way of improving people's lives & freeing them from drudgery. Well...no. Technology just makes the transfer of wealth from us to the fiendishly rich hat much easier.

Edited by JD4010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the idea behind the April 30th stay at home order is...

Anyone who does/ doesn't have the virus (mildly) will be over it by then and will have rid their environment of any germs therefore stopping the spread

Or those who do have it will seek treatment and recover. Also contacting anyone else they may have passed the virus to. Therefore stopping or slowing the virus.

OR Persons infected will have died in their home by then, like china

 

Edited by watalife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these people you see in the spotlight right now through this are people you have never seen before and people you won't see after this.  This is their moment and they will keep it going as long as they can no matter what happens I think.  They're keeping it going by overblown fear of what could have happened if we did things differently and what might happen if we open up the country and what might happen no matter what we do but the numbers don't add up to what they're saying whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish people would just listen to the laws and do what they are told stay home if you need something fine go get it and leave don't bring your whole family and just wander around the stores because you are sick of being in the house you are making my job 10 times harder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I knew it would happen but was so hoping it wouldn't be cancelled my weekend retreat with horses at the end of next month is canceled horses do amazing things for me with my high anxiety😪

Edited by law055car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope is the thing with feathers   BY EMILY DICKINSON

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -
 
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -
 
I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was informed today that the organization my therapist and psychiatrist work for will only be operating through Telemedicine until further notice. I asked my therapist if we could simply hold our appointments over the phone, but he tells me that it would require a lot of hoops to jump through with my insurance. I've been in therapy for five years now and am burnt out on it, and things with this guy have run their course. I'm thinking of taking the month off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually do have an electric chainsaw.  If I used that with 30 feet of extension cords I could cut down the one tree.  I would love to see the looks on the neighbor's faces when I was doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I actually do have an electric chainsaw.  If I used that with 30 feet of extension cords I could cut down the one tree.  I would love to see the looks on the neighbor's faces when I was doing that.

That must of been exciting to cut down a tree with a chain saw... 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoulSurvivor said:

That must of been exciting to cut down a tree with a chain saw... 😃

I haven't done it yet.  It's the last project on the list.  After tomorrow's projects it's all that's left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about how uncomfortable I am with the idea of 'teleconferencing' with my therapist. I think it's the idea of seeing him out of context, especially in my own home. Maybe. Plus I hate being on camera so much that the only picture I've had taken of myself in over ten years was when I had my drivers license renewed. I would feel extremely ill at ease and I know I'd be distracted the entire time. I'd rather wait this out.................................................................................................................................................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

I'm thinking about how uncomfortable I am with the idea of 'teleconferencing' with my therapist. I think it's the idea of seeing him out of context, especially in my own home. Maybe. Plus I hate being on camera so much that the only picture I've had taken of myself in over ten years was when I had my drivers license renewed. I would feel extremely ill at ease and I know I'd be distracted the entire time. I'd rather wait this out.................................................................................................................................................................................

My opinion there's no way in this world I would pay to talk to someone while I was sitting in my own home.  It takes extreme nerve for them to act that way.  We wouldn't have a video chat with family or friends and then ask them to pay us would we?😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

I'm thinking about how uncomfortable I am with the idea of 'teleconferencing' with my therapist. I think it's the idea of seeing him out of context, especially in my own home. Maybe. Plus I hate being on camera so much that the only picture I've had taken of myself in over ten years was when I had my drivers license renewed. I would feel extremely ill at ease and I know I'd be distracted the entire time. I'd rather wait this out....................................................................................................................

My therapist emailed me last week about doing this. Sent a link to "GoToMeeting" app. Couldn't download it because my computer security  (I know it has a name but I can't think of it.) kept telling me that it was not safe to download this app. So we ended up talking by phone. I was more comfortable talking on the phone than on the by computer and webcam.  Think I'm going to tell her the same thing for the next session.😏

Like you I hate pictures of me and the last good one I had was when I was about 4 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nojoy said:

My therapist emailed me last week about doing this. Sent a link to "GoToMeeting" app. Couldn't download it because my computer security  (I know it has a name but I can't think of it.) kept telling me that it was not safe to download this app. So we ended up talking by phone. I was more comfortable talking on the phone than on the by computer and webcam.  Think I'm going to tell her the same thing for the next session.😏

Like you I hate pictures of me and the last good one I had was when I was about 4 years old.

I asked him if we could simply hold the session over the phone, and he rambled on about all this red tape I'd have to get through in order for my insurance to cover an over the phone session.

I know I'm going to be completely thrown off not seeing him in the right context. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it feels too informal doing it from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...