Natasha1

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 2:58 PM, samadhiSheol said:

Toilet paper. Or lack thereof.

Pretty much tells me everything about humankind.

I kid you not: While driving home last night I passed a Ford Fiesta stuffed completely full with rolls of toilet paper. I mean JAMMED FULL. The driver could barely see out of the car because there was so much buttwipe.

On edit: I wouldn't be surprised if somebody breaks the windows on that car and walks off with the buttwipe.

Edited by JD4010

17 hours ago, sober4life said:

Eventually technology will take away so many jobs we have to ask ourselves where will everyone work?

Yeah. The automated check out lines at the grocery store should have pushed the panic button for a lot of people. This shit is touted as making things easier and more convenient, but we know what the REAL reasons are for all of it.

5 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Yeah. The automated check out lines at the grocery store should have pushed the panic button for a lot of people. This shit is touted as making things easier and more convenient, but we know what the REAL reasons are for all of it.

It's always about money for these people always.

I'm considering going camping in Scotland, I haven't had a holiday for a bit and I've always wanted to see more of the wee northern lands.

I hate how its assumed that someone like me of my age group is dependent and oversensitive as a result of the 'everyone gets a prize' thing of the '90s. That wasn't a 'thing' where I went to school. Real grades were given, scores were kept in games, there was always a kid who got chosen last in gym class, there was a special program exclusively for the gifted kids. I wasn't aware at the time that it was any different anywhere else. I'm okay with being accused of being a lazy weakling for other reasons, but not because of the participation prize thing. 

Effective midnight Tuesday, the mayor of San Francisco has ordered all residents to shelter in place (whatever you call home). This means avoiding all gatherings except for medical purposes, or to get food, or to care for a friend or relative. Stay at home as much as possible. Go to work only if you cannot telecommute and your income is essential (when isn't it?) You can walk your dog or go exercise outdoors/hike if you keep 6 feet away from another person.

Bars, gyms schools are closed. Restaurants are take-out only. "Essentail stores" like supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, gas stations remain open. Government services continue. 

Well. There it is then, friends. Zombie apocalypse without the zombies. 🧟‍♂️ 

I'll be in Shelter G-17 Level 12 Orange if you need me. Meaning I'll be watching Netflix and eating cookies, possibly Pop Tarts. I haven't decided yet. 

3 hours ago, Atra said:

Effective midnight Tuesday, the mayor of San Francisco has ordered all residents to shelter in place (whatever you call home). This means avoiding all gatherings except for medical purposes, or to get food, or to care for a friend or relative. Stay at home as much as possible. Go to work only if you cannot telecommute and your income is essential (when isn't it?) You can walk your dog or go exercise outdoors/hike if you keep 6 feet away from another person.

Bars, gyms schools are closed. Restaurants are take-out only. "Essentail stores" like supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, gas stations remain open. Government services continue. 

I'll be in Shelter G-17 Level 12 Orange if you need me. Meaning I'll be watching Netflix and eating cookies, possibly Pop Tarts. I haven't decided yet. 

I saw that they can give you a misdemeanor for being out.😒

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Atra said:

Sounds tedious for you folks living there, I hope you stay safe mate and this whole crisis is over sooner rather than later. 

Edited by hocico

I also wonder what will be done with the homeless population.  Will they be arrested because how are they going to stay home?  I would be absolutely terrified if I was them.  I can see the government trying to force them into some type of facility.

The Specials - Ghost Town.

Oh and this, i posted it elsewhere on df

plan to give as little of a flying fcuk as possible to all things covid19 from now on

Who needs toilet paper when you have single malts?

My medicine that I take makes you believe that you are hungry. So, I am learning to drink more water and eat less to prevent myself from picking up too much unnecessary weight gain 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Atra said:

Pretty much the same in my neck of the woods.

Apart from mt accelerated GAD, overkill motor-head(not the song or perhaps yes both song and band but my nonstop fasterthanlight brain) I am ok.ish.

I hope you are too and stay ok.

I intend to drink one for Lemmy. Hope he's raising hell in heaven. Haha.

Edited by samadhiSheol

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I also wonder what will be done with the homeless population.  Will they be arrested because how are they going to stay home?  I would be absolutely terrified if I was them.  I can see the government trying to force them into some type of facility.

Yes I was thinking the homeless are more susceptible to the virus.

Imagine the amount of people who die and the medical examiner office being stock piled. It's bad enough that the city near me is already back logged a few months ago. They hired a large refrigeration/freezer truck. People reported to the authorities of seeing bodies taken from the truck and dragged into the morgue

1 hour ago, Floor2017 said:

My medicine that I take makes you believe that you are hungry. So, I am learning to drink more water and eat less to prevent myself from picking up too much unnecessary weight gain 

Yes I agree.  Any time I feel hungry I choose a glass of water first.  You can sometimes put off eating for hours that way.

29 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Yes I agree.  Any time I feel hungry I choose a glass of water first.  You can sometimes put off eating for hours that way.

I appreciate it because I have probably picked up over fifteen unwanted pounds but I’m coming back stronger than ever.  I can defeat this enemy Of depression and anxiety and so can you 

I’m hot sweaty and dirty and all I can think about is harvest day Of my fruit and vegetables.  I know it’s months away but payday will hopefully come to me

46 minutes ago, SqueezeWax said:

For every minute I am reading about the Patty Duke Show, someone with half a brain is reading The Iliad or The Odyssey.

I was forced to read both in early high school and got the lowest grade I ever got in English class. I still have yet to figure out what that crap has to do with English. It sure wasn't written in English. Made no damned sense to me. Then again I have a lot of resentment still left.... 😉

45 minutes ago, SqueezeWax said:

For every minute I am reading about the Patty Duke Show, someone with half a brain is reading The Iliad or The Odyssey.

There is nothing wrong with that.  Patty Duke is actually quite interesting.   She suffered from manic depression.  She authored three books.  I read her book 'Call Me Anna' which talks about some things that happened during the Patty Duke Show.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

There is nothing wrong with that.  Patty Duke is actually quite interesting.   She suffered from manic depression.  She authored three books.  I read her book 'Call Me Anna' which talks about some things that happened during the Patty Duke Show.  

I read that book too. I get to thinking about what I spend my time reading or watching or thinking about might say about me. I read Grace Slick's autobiography and I was amazed by she managed to become so well read and intellectual and worldly when she was constantly writing, recording, performing, being interviewed, etc. while engaging in all kinds of sex drugs and rock and roll stuff on top of that. 

Edited by SqueezeWax