Natasha1

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

3 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Nobody will help you, nobody will care

I have yet to be proven wrong

You're right.  I've been through extreme examples of you being right.  When I was homeless and when mom died I got to see just how evil and despicable people are!

I have this crackpot theory that we are connected with our future and past selves.

I don’t know how to express it really. It’s more than the memories you carry, the projections you make. It’s like there is a super-temporary gateway, or tunnel, to our past or future selves.

My normal medium is music. Most times it’s a song I have/had a strong attachment to, that suddenly makes the connection. 

Just today, I told my younger, teen self, the one who was pining for Love, being bullied and feeling particularly sorry for himself, that he has to hold tight. To music. Cause he hasn’t a f ucking CLUE what musical dimensions he is to experience. Life will unfold amazingly and some of it will be complete crap. But not all. Some of it will be wonderful.

Cause sometimes, like now, it makes all the difference. Good music. Music that rocks your very essence, that has the power to whisk you away from the pointless now to A Powerful Now, something worth experiencing. 

Don’t despair, younger me. It can be ok. At least at times.

Edited by samadhiSheol

Is it a status symbol to have plastic surgery like Suzanne Somers, where it is entirely obvious they have had lip implants and tons of botox injections? Is it just as much if not more of a flaunting of their wealth than an attempt to look younger? Female celebrities her age joke around all the time about the work they've had done, so they know they're not fooling anybody. So I wonder if it's a show of wealth more than anything because only rich women can afford to look that way. 

Since I am over 65 years old and see that the highest mortality for the new cornavirus is for those 65 years and older, I have been wondering about some things. 

Mechanical ventilators seem to be the best chance for survival for the elderly who contract this disease.  There are about 62,000 full-feature mechanical ventilators in the US.  There are about 1,600,000 people here who are 65 or order.  If 10% of that population got the virus, that would be 160,000 cases.

Confounding factors:  Most of the 62,000 ventilators are currently in use for other patient illnesses and would not be available for coronavirus victims.  Not all the 65 and older population would contract the virus at the same time.

If the new coronavirus is contagious before a person has a fever [reports of this are contradictory right now] then airport screenings would be almost useless and the US would certainly get community wide spread of the virus.  It "appears" to be more contagious than the flu but less contagious than measles.

Corona virion have unstable RNA and tend to mutate to new forms fairly easily and quickly.  The common cold comes from corona virion.  Even with fast tracking, a vaccine for one strain of the new corona virus appears to be 2 years away.  Would that vaccine provide protection against mutations?

I have had a pneumonia vaccine that protects me against 26 of the 96 known pneumonia subtytpes.  Would it offer me any protection?

N95 respirator face masks offer some protection when used properly.  They do not protect the eyes, which can be one way the virus enters the body.  Currently N95 masks are sold out or on order.  Some people are stockpiling them and selling them on ebay and other sites at inflated prices.

Could 3M and other makers of the masks keep up with demand for them in a pandemic?  Would there be enough hospital beds in a pandemic?

And what is this I keep hearing about a Chinese Virology Research Lab in Wuhan close to the seafood market being blamed for the new virus.  What have you heard?  This lab, so some reports state, does research on coronaviruses using horseshoe bats.  It is a level-4 top security classified installation which may [or may not] be doing biological weapons research.

Some researchers who have studied the virus say it does not appear to be engineered in any way. 

This is called "OVER-THINKING THINGS"  Lol. 

They are probably bored to death and they got the money. So they look in the mirror and say I don't like this and im going to try this out. They don't have to work so they are so bored and all they have is there looks. Rich people throw money away like crazy. Kim k had work done and there wasn't a dam thing wrong with her. Now she be looking weird.  😲

9 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

Is it a status symbol to have plastic surgery like Suzanne Somers, where it is entirely obvious they have had lip implants and tons of botox injections? Is it just as much if not more of a flaunting of their wealth than an attempt to look younger? Female celebrities her age joke around all the time about the work they've had done, so they know they're not fooling anybody. So I wonder if it's a show of wealth more than anything because only rich women can afford to look that way.