Natasha1

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 4

Time for a new thread.

Last post on #3:

58 minutes ago, Rattler6 said:

A bit concerned about my neck and shoulders as they have been bothering me for some reason.  So I have decided to take it easy.  Kind of wish that my studying for a new certification was going faster.  I have been meaning to look around for jobs but have not had the heart. 

Debating on whether or not to ask for work while I am hurt, but that is just asking to get more hurt.  Concerned about a bit out of state project that I might be assigned to.  I hesitatingly accepted it. 

Despite all the humdrum and the caustic chaos that is my mind,  I got thinking of totalitarianism, because of something I was reading concerning Stalinist Soviet Union and the Leninist-Stalinist take of Marxism.

It struck me that totalitarianism is like an autoimmune disease of the state/country and eventually it eats itself out of existence.

Applies too to all forms of totalitarianism of course.

16 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It looks like Days of Our Lives is going to get canceled.  It's the only way I won't watch it is if I can't watch it sad but true.

I used to watch that way back in the 1970s and 80s. I don't know how I got hooked on it but I did

Just now, JD4010 said:

I used to watch that way back in the 1970s and 80s. I don't know how I got hooked on it but I did

Soap operas are very addictive.  I've been watching them since I was 3 or 4 years old.  The characters begin to feel like family and you can't wait to see what happens to them next.  It's pathetic I know.

What is it about being in a classroom that can make anything hysterically funny? Yesterday in my speech class we watched a clip from Shark Tank, and the room was roaring with laughter at just about everything anyone had said. Worse was when we had give an impromptu speech about the best way to eat Oreos. You would think these kids should be thrown in a padded cell simply by how they responded to the word 'Oreo'. 

4 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

Despite all the humdrum and the caustic chaos that is my mind,  I got thinking of totalitarianism, because of something I was reading concerning Stalinist Soviet Union and the Leninist-Stalinist take of Marxism.

It struck me that totalitarianism is like an autoimmune disease of the state/country and eventually it eats itself out of existence.

Applies too to all forms of totalitarianism of course.

Very true. 

I've been rather busy the past 7 days. Typically I have commitments in the evenings leaving my mornings and early afternoons free. But the mental health conference last week began early and now I'm training for a new job in the mornings and afternoons. By the time I get home, it's 9pm leaving me just a few hours to eat, relax and come online here. I'm only getting 4 hours sleep.

I'm thankful that these 13 hour days won't continue for much longer, my mood and functionality is suffering. I wanted to know what my limits are, I've just about reached them. 

Just got off the phone with my mother-in-law. So nice to hear from her since I'm weird about calling people and also we sent her a birthday gift last week and I was waiting to hear that she got it and liked it. She said she forgot to call right away and apologized; I'm ok with that because I'm forgetful myself. Anyway, we talked about the litter of kittens her cat just had and I had to just stop myself from saying we'd take one because I haven't even discussed it with my husband. We already have our hands full with Etta anyway; she's been acting lethargic since I caught her with that bone yesterday so I hope she's not sick. 

Anyway, my mother-in-law loves to cook so she said she's going to make me a cheesecake the next time we see each other! 😍 I told her just a small one since I'm supposed to be on a diet but I'm sure it'll still be pretty big knowing her. Ah, well. I'll just have to walk more. 🤣

7 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

wow,  i bet it was good though, i could see myself doing that, i love cheesecake with cherry topping

I tell people I don't like cake but if I have a whole one here I eat it as fast as Garfield.