Sign in to follow this  
kellyaf62

Changing to Trintellix

I have been on Cymbalta for 12 years for major depression. It has stopped working. Not recently but I have suffered for quite some time. Dr. upped dosage didn't work. She has put me on Trintellix. Please I don't want to hear horror stories. I have been on antidepressants of all kinds so this isn't my first Rodeo unfortunately. Been suffering with this demon for over 30 years. She is keeping me on 60 mg Cymbalta while introducing Trintellix. I am scared. I have only worried about Cymbalta withdrawals. But is it really safe to be on Cymbalta while starting Trintellix. Please only tell me if you have been on one Antidepressant and started a new one. I have been on Piggyback antidepressants such as Cymbalta and Celexa and they seemed to work well together. But finally stopped working so I got off Celexa. Thank you for any positive or realistic experiences with this. Not looking to be so scared that I would rather suffer than take something. And I have tried that unsuccessfully. Self medicated with Alcohol and Pain Meds. Off of both for 5 + years now.