Sign in to follow this  
Epictetus

I remember when . . .

Not exactly funny, but it's what first came to mind when I saw this new thread.  (Funny contribution will come later when I have more wit & energy.)

I remember when I first joined this group a number of years ago, and @Epictetus was one of the first people who welcomed & befriended me.  Thank you, brother.  You helped me feel at home here and that meant the world.  Still does.  It breaks my heart that you still struggle with these issues, as I do, but I'm very glad that you're still here.  (Hope that makes some modicum of sense.)

Cheers.

Before cable and satellite TV, I remember when there were only 7 broadcast television channels that your TV could receive by changing channels - with a round knob called a dial.

And they went off the air each day by midnight. 

I also remember when TVs could only show images in black and white. Or, maybe back then the whole world was actually black and white and didn't turn to color until sometime in the 1970s I'm not really sure. 

This is a good thread. I've had a lot of bad things in my life since I was little but I have to admit there were good times. I remember when, I was probably around four years old and my dad took me and my brother to the Daytona 500 race and he had to carry me out because I had fallen asleep. One of the few times he showed love for me. I remember when I was probably seven or eight years old and we live on a farm and I managed to climb every three on our property and I remember camping out in the woods overnight and going skinny-dipping with my friends in our pond. I love the outdoors and stayed outside most of the time. I remember a Chihuahua that we had and I would let him lick off of my ice cream. I remember the unconditional love my mother had for me and told me at a very young age that I could do anything I put my mind to, much opposite of what my father told me. And yes I remember when a Coca-Cola was five cents...

Rotary telephones. We still refer to entering a telephone number as "dialing". You had to wait for the dial to rotate back to it's set position after every digit, limiting the speed in which anybody could dial a phone number. I remember it was both excruciating and hypnotic, watching that whewl slowly turn if you dialed a zero.

Sign in to follow this