I'm a 47 year old, unemployed/ unemployable mess. I have PTSD from a very fractured childhood, along with the physical fractures that came from the same childhood, as well as non-specified personality disorder(wth that is). Clinically depressed I'm slightl.y more than agoraphobic. If it weren't for the Klonopin I don't think I'd ever leave the house.

Have spent time in a mental hospital in the past.

Been married to the same woman for almost twelve years now, and she's the only thing that's kept me from shaking off the mortal coil.

I've been on all kinds of medications for my derpession and misdiagnosed bipolar disorder. I'm currently on Prozac & Olanzapine and they seem to be doing the trick right now.

I edit/ copy edit for a prestigious, but VERY small publisher in the horror field, and while there's no income to be generated from that I love it as I am an avid reader who averages over 100 books a year.

I don't know what else to say. I'm an open book, so if you have questions please ask away there are no secrets.

Hi Five_Fingered_Octopus.  I like your screen name. 

It is so nice to meet you.  Welcome to the Forums.  You sound like a very interesting person.  I can indeed see that you are an avid reader.  I hope you will find these Forums as useful to you as they have been to me.   I take Klonopin for breakthrough panic attacks.  Luckily those have become rare.

I can certainly identify with what you wrote about your childhood. 

I suffer from depression and anxiety but have been in remission for over 20 years now.  Before that I was hospitalized for depression.

I am looking forward to reading anything you decide to post of these Forums!!! 

- epictetus

Welcome new friend to our forum family.

We are here for each other.

My approach is to invoke clever and powerful metaphors to strategize solutions for depression.

My motto is : Despair not - REPAIR a lot.

Hope you find a supportive home here with us.

Oscar

Hello and Welcome to the forums.  I hope you find people here to be as supportive and encouraging as I have.

I'm an reader too. My therapist suggested going to the library last time I had a breakdown. I had to explain that I have read everything they have except non-fiction.  I prefer mysteries but have been known to read anything that sounds interesting.

Greetings @Five_Fingered_Octopus, welcome to the forums. Thank you for the details in you introduction and your candor in sharing your conditions. It's never that easy to open up to strangers. I wanted you to know that I welcome your contributions and I'm ready to accept you as-is - even the bits of you that most neurotypical people find unpalatable. 

And speaking of palatable, a little background on me. I received generous portions from the mental illness buffet, several conditions filling/spilling over compartments of my tray. And it's a beautiful mess, I guess, but I must confess I could accept it a little more if it cost a little less. 

I'm super glad to know you found things you love like reading and your work. I hope this support community is a place where you feel at home and perhaps we can help to improve your condition just a little bit more. 

Welcome aboard, friend! Nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing a lil about yourself. I appreciate your willingness to connect with us here. This is a great place to share, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. Have a blessed stay!