Sign in to follow this  
Z Diggity Dog

People suck

On 11/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, Syrinx said:

Couple theories:

1. Some of y'all are travelling in lousy social circles, so you're meeting a lot of sucky people.

2. You're committing a lot of cognitive distortions and misinterpreting what people are doing or saying. 

Oh and stop watching the TV news. 

I haven't watched TV news in decades. It's rubbish. Propaganda to keep us in a constant state of fear.

I may or may not be committing cognitive distortions but people still do suck. I came within inches of getting run over in a mall parking lot last night. Some young D-bag was driving really fast down the parking aisles full of cars. He swerved to avoid hitting another car and came right at me. I managed to jump out of the way at the last second. Dude just kept on driving as if nothing had happened.

It has nothing to do with traveling in the wrong social circles.  It's been a lifetime of people circling me.  To find out what people really are like you have to be a true outsider like me.  There are some people that are completely singled out and treated like garbage their whole lives.  Then as that person experience things like mental illness, homelessness, drug addiction, loss of loved ones.  Then you see people as they really are.  

On 10/10/2019 at 3:30 AM, idkusername465 said:

I think it would be really healthy to eliminate people from your life who you feel don't reciprocate your love and affection and only drain your energy.

I think my own name would be first on my s hit list..haha.

Seriously though, we need to get rid of the toxity in our lives, be it other people or parts of ourselves..

No idea how that works though.

Edited by samadhiSheol

Couple theories:

1. Some of y'all are travelling in lousy social circles, so you're meeting a lot of sucky people.

2. You're committing a lot of cognitive distortions and misinterpreting what people are doing or saying. 

1. I do “travel in lousy social circles”, but I think I speak for most here, if I am wrong I apologize, but with the selfishness of society we literally have no choice. We can not control others actions or inactions. I’ve tried making friends with the most random of people and it doesn’t happen. I’m always there for others but nothing is ever reciprocated. Maybe you are the other side of this equation that is leaving others high and dry when needed and that’s why you can’t understand our plight.

2. I’m not misinterpreting exact words from others mouths. Or the literal lack of interest in anything but themselves. Just because YOU haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it isn’t real thing for us. Your post is kind of proving our point. It’s always what that ONE individual’s experience is and no one else’s matters. 

3.  I don’t watch TV. 

I do not know if people (society) in general are getting worse or not, but I do understand the feeling.  There are good, caring people in the world -- I have met a few.  But, the arrogant b*stards sure do seem to be more numerous and louder.  I prefer animals, too -- especially the precious kitty curled up on my lap right now.  🥰

Couple theories:

Nah I'm pretty sure some people are straight up ignoring me because they do it all the time. 

On 11/14/2019 at 1:35 AM, jkd_sd said:

I prefer animals, too -- especially the precious kitty curled up on my lap right now.

Animals also don't get close to you with the ulterior motive of asking you for sums of money