The saddest feeling on my bday

Tomorrow, October 10th is my birthday, I remember feeling so happy for this date since I was a kid, it was all happiness and joy but the last month my boyfriend and I broke up, he blocked from all the social medias, and it seems he doesn't care about me anymore. Besides, everything is going awful at my job. These days have been very difficult, and every day I'm thinking like it would be better not to be alive, so I got worried about it. I'm afraid of my thoughts, afraid of this permanent feeling...

Welcome! Sorry you are having a hard time. It is so sad when hard things happen right around your birthday. Glad that you reached out to us here. We will work at supporting you as best we can. We understand how you feel. You are not alone in this.

BW

I’m sorry you’re having a tough time. Happy pre-birthday. I hope that your birthday is better than you anticipate and you have a wonderful day with family or friends that appreciate you.

I don’t know if you suffer from depression otherwise out of these circumstances but it can’t hurt to speak to a professional about your feelings. Or maybe just coming here to vent might be enough.

Sometimes unloading some thoughts can help stave off the negative feelings of depression long enough to get my head around my issues. Not that it’s a perfect remedy but it’s better than completely ignoring your emotions.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:33 AM, JohanaGrr said:

Tomorrow, October 10th is my birthday, I remember feeling so happy for this date since I was a kid, it was all happiness and joy but the last month my boyfriend and I broke up, he blocked from all the social medias, and it seems he doesn't care about me anymore. Besides, everything is going awful at my job. These days have been very difficult, and every day I'm thinking like it would be better not to be alive, so I got worried about it. I'm afraid of my thoughts, afraid of this permanent feeling...

Hello and welcome! First, I want to say how sorry I am that you are experiencing this hardship in your life. Sadly, it's a very common human experience, and when these things happen, us humans tend to experience a period of grief, just like when someone dies, (albeit possibly to a lesser extent.) Like grief, it's a process we need to work through, and that involves depression. The good news is that it will pass. The bad news is it will suck. So, for now, don't be down on yourself for feeling sad, but also don't worry that it's permanent, because it probably isn't permanent. Grief isn't built that way.

For now, I won't tell you to 'cheer up', since it probably isn't possible, but I will say that I hope you have an ok birthday after all.

I'm so sorry things are going go poorly for you.  I only saw your post today so I want to wish you a Happy Birthday.

:birthday2: 

You have been through so much.  I wish I knew how to help.  You deserve more and better from life ! ! !

- epictetus

• 8 months later...
On 10/9/2019 at 9:33 PM, JohanaGrr said:

You can either keep going after your boyfriend, or let him go. Think about you, and your needs, your now ex boyfriend is a luxury, he is not a requirement at this time. You can find another man, or you can try to get his attention by speaking to a middle man. A middle man is someone who knows him and knows you. In every relationship there is usually a middle man. If there is no middle man and you have no way of contacting him then you will have to let him go. Think about your needs first.