What do you want to let go of?

Nightjar

On 4/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, sober4life said:

That's me in the spring.  I go on shopping sprees.  I went shopping today.  Not a chance I could tell you everything I bought.  Buying anything makes me feel better.  It doesn't matter what it is.

Me too. I go every day but I usually don't buy anything. If it's the perfect item I will buy it. Ex. Beautiful colored drinking cups. Cute cute cute and I need more for the set😆

2 hours ago, watalife said:

Me too. I go every day but I usually don't buy anything. If it's the perfect item I will buy it. Ex. Beautiful colored drinking cups. Cute cute cute and I need more for the set😆

Sadly the worst thing about being sick is knowing I can't go shopping.  Online does nothing for me.  In person I'm like a kid in a candy store.  I absolutely feel a buzz to a point from it.

The crappy toxic masculinity that I was socialized with. Adolescence in the 1980s, yet I am still separating myself from the messages about "what men are and do" that I unknowingly inhaled. 

2 hours ago, Atra said:

The crappy toxic masculinity that I was socialized with. Adolescence in the 1980s, yet I am still separating myself from the messages about "what men are and do" that I unknowingly inhaled. 

Yeah I grew up with a lot of people from different realms with of course this is what you should do attitudes.  I've always been the one called crazy because what I'm a free thinker?  I actually have a conscience and just know the right things to do and do them.  I can't imagine living in some of the times in this country.  Bottom line people are morons.  You can look at almost the entire history of mankind and there was always something completely insane going on and you wonder what were they thinking?

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

I actually have a conscience and just know the right things to do and do them.

Remaining true to our values, yes that's it Sober right on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, the TV is getting on my nerves a bit... 😂 I'm kinda thinkin of taking it to the skip..... Maybe 🤔 The adverts just give me ADD. I end up looking at my phone during the break and then I have a million different things going on in my brain, in quick succession. I can barely keep a thought in my head after all of that.... I might. Just. Get rid of it. 

I love watching films on a big screen but there are rarely any good ones on TV and the soaps I enjoy are on just one night a week. It doesn't make sense to watch TV every other night aswell. Oh, saying that,  I do like gogglebox too which is on another night and there are some good dramas occasionally 🤔

I don't know. Sometimes I find it comforting. I grew up with a TV. It was a big part of my life. But, in all seriousness, it doesn't do me any favours..... I might throw it away hee hee 😁

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hmm, the TV is getting on my nerves a bit... 😂 I'm kinda thinkin of taking it to the skip..... Maybe 🤔 The adverts just give me ADD. I end up looking at my phone during the break and then I have a million different things going on in my brain, in quick succession. I can barely keep a thought in my head after all of that.... I might. Just. Get rid of it. 

I love watching films on a big screen but there are rarely any good ones on TV and the soaps I enjoy are on just one night a week. It doesn't make sense to watch TV every other night aswell. Oh, saying that,  I do like gogglebox too which is on another night and there are some good dramas occasionally 🤔

I don't know. Sometimes I find it comforting. I grew up with a TV. It was a big part of my life. But, in all seriousness, it doesn't do me any favours..... I might throw it away hee hee 😁

😂 I so understand your frustrations with tv and there not being anything good to watch on a consistent basis 

I want to let go of my belief that gaining insight into my behavior signifies that I'm ready for change. Insight is nice but the difficulty of change hinges on what I'm willing to do differently. 

I have a serious driving phobia that is holding me back from so much. It has been many years since I have driven and as much as I do not want any part of it, I have to force myself to do it. I will never get out of this miserable place if I don’t drive. Also want to look for a new job and having to rely on others to get around is embarassing and not something I really care to share.

I'm taking my tv to the skip today 😁 It is very glitchy at the moment and I've had it ten years so I don't feel too guilty. Anything that helps lighten the load to move is good. I'm sure I'll miss it a bit but moving forward I'll be better off with a smart TV so that I can actually watch new films again 🤦‍♀️

For now I'm gonna do without a TV. Got loads to do anyhow 🤹‍♀️

I'm also taking months worth of tetra packs to be recycled (two large bags full).

• 2 weeks later...

I took two small (heavy) bags to charity yesterday with books and cds I don't read/play anymore.

It's no wonder we feel so overwhelmed with the weight of all this stuff we carry. Even when we aren't physically trying to carry all of our stuff, we carry it psychologically 🤔 We know we have to find a use for it/letgo of it/clean it/reorganise it. Or, more like, we know we're not doing any of that stuff and it weighs heavy on our to do list in our mind 🤔

It's heavy stuff.

I also sorted through a load of old tax papers I'd kept for years and years and recycled them. Plus, I put my 4 purple cushions and a blanket that has seen better days out for charity collection. 

And I still have loads of stuff 😂

I probably have a few more things that can go before I move. The house feels lighter after my latest declutter. I love it ❤️

Posted (edited)

I found another carrier bag full of stuff to take to charity today. I'm hoping to take it over later when my pain has eased off. 

Honestly, I consider myself a minimalist but I guess I'd have to be an 'extreme' version to make a house move easier. Packing everything up has still been a solid week's work. 

I've had to pack it all up now but there were definitely more things there which could go. I'm going to address this after I've (hopefully) moved. 

Photos though, they might be the one thing I always hoard. They are precious to me and I've got a lot of em 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to let go of past hurts that still seem to plague me.   I now realize why my stomach is hurting.   Its from the anxiety provoked by these thoughts in my subconscious.  I've tried to process them and move on, but its not working right now.   Actually the anxiety is getting worse.   Now my chest feels tight and my heart rate has increased.  This is really bothersome.   I have no other choice but to take a Clonazepam tablet which I take on an as-needed basis.   My psychiatrist will only prescribe me 16 tablets a month. 

• 2 weeks later...