Black old fashioned alarm clock

Stoopid plastic flowers 💐

Beloved wooden rocking horse which is sitting in my cupboard(?) 🤷‍♀️

Stoopid Xmas ornaments in kitchen cupboard 🎄

Guilt over my mother 🎉

Old greetings cards 🎁

Old artwork 🎴

Outdated paper work 📄

Deluxe catfood which mini lion refuses to eat - donate to animal sanctuary 😁😁😁 I'll be happy to feed some more fur babies. 

Three month build up of plastic bags and tetra packs which I can hopefully recycle soon ♻️🤞So far I am refusing to throw them away and can hopefully hold out until they will recycle again. 

Get rid of it and enjoy doing it as you pass it on. :cheesy:

Sugar 🍬🍩🍪🎂🍰

Here goes day 1. For the umpteenth time. Reduced sugar intake for nightjar. 

I will quickly become depressed and anxious and it will last a couple of weeks. I can't afford to buy chocolate every day and I'm not in control so I'm trying to abstain. Again. 

I really feel its gonna impact my health in a bad way if I carry on but I find it hard to stop. I just keep trying with it. God loves a tryer and I loves a challenge 😉

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Sugar 🍬🍩🍪🎂🍰

I will quickly become depressed and anxious and it will last a couple of weeks. I can't afford to buy chocolate every day and I'm not in control so I'm trying to abstain. Again. 

I really feel its gonna impact my health in a bad way if I carry on but I find it hard to stop. I just keep trying with it. God loves a tryer and I loves a challenge 😉

Do other things that make you happy during this time.  Don't just accept that you will be miserable the whole time.  It's a trick of our mind.  Our mind doesn't want us to find another way to be happy.  It wants us to white knuckle it and sit around miserable and cave and go on a binge.  Do other things to make you happy to replace the feelings the sugar gave you.

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

Do other things that make you happy during this time.  Don't just accept that you will be miserable the whole time.  It's a trick of our mind.  Our mind doesn't want us to find another way to be happy.  It wants us to white knuckle it and sit around miserable and cave and go on a binge.  Do other things to make you happy to replace the feelings the sugar gave you.

Thank you. I've kept that advice in mind today and done my best to keep busy. I feel tired but not too bad... So far. I know that depression is around the corner howevs. It always comes when I cut down the sugar. I would love if it didn't this time but I think that would be a miracle. 

I had a fairly strong craving this afternoon but I didn't cave. I've eaten a fair bit tonight but no sugar. Gimme no sugar 😘

Have you ever given up the white stuff sober? (not the stuff you sniff 😉

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Sugar 🍬🍩🍪🎂🍰

I feel your pain. We're on a carb cycling diet now as a test. I can sum it up easily. Sucks!  

It's not just the sugar. It's the carbs, period. 

She's doing fine except chocolate. Me, I can't have my Oreos.

I'm readjusting mine as the Low days restrict my carbs too much compared to the High days or what I would normally consume. After 2 weeks though I can tell you that she lost a bit and so did I. I'd suggest you not crash diet with the NO sugar idea and try scaled down in a graduated plan. 

Good luck. It's tough. 

12 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Thank you. I've kept that advice in mind today and done my best to keep busy. I feel tired but not too bad... So far. I know that depression is around the corner howevs. It always comes when I cut down the sugar. I would love if it didn't this time but I think that would be a miracle. 

I had a fairly strong craving this afternoon but I didn't cave. I've eaten a fair bit tonight but no sugar. Gimme no sugar 😘

Have you ever given up the white stuff sober? (not the stuff you sniff 😉

No I've never given it up.  I don't buy snacks of any kind.  I eat a bowl of cereal before bed to calm my nerves to sleep.  I can stay away from it until then but without it before bed I'll be awake until morning.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

I feel your pain. We're on a carb cycling diet now as a test. I can sum it up easily. Sucks!  

It's not just the sugar. It's the carbs, period. 

She's doing fine except chocolate. Me, I can't have my Oreos.

I'm readjusting mine as the Low days restrict my carbs too much compared to the High days or what I would normally consume. After 2 weeks though I can tell you that she lost a bit and so did I. I'd suggest you not crash diet with the NO sugar idea and try scaled down in a graduated plan. 

Good luck. It's tough. 

Thanks. 

Yeah, I'm still having hot chocolate in the morning 😉 so it's not a complete meltdown withdrawal. Thank god 😂 I don't drink tea or coffee so I gotta have something to get me outta bed 😜 

Yeah, I'd love to lose weight too but I know from experience that I tend to eat more when I quit sugar and gain a bit while I'm adjusting. I'm doing this for health more than anything else. Im 42 and needs to keeps me healthy 😁

Your carb cycling sounds tough. Personally I find it easier to give it up altogether. Well, almost 😂😉

Edited by Nightjar

Embarrassing and humiliating situations. There's not any one in particular, seems I habitually revisit old blunders. My mind be like, "so...we're feeling pretty good? Let's look at the booper reel I made from your life!" 🤜💥🧠

On 8/1/2020 at 5:39 AM, Atra said:

The notion that everybody should like me and when one person doesn't, it means I'm a piece of crap. 

Ya know that old saying about you can be sure of 2 things in life. Death and Taxes. Well that isn't accurate. There are several things. Another one is that not everyone will like you and that is ok. It may not even be about you. Some people are simply turned off by other people. Doesn't make them or you good or bad. You volunteer on a suicide hotline buddy, you are most certainly NOT a piece of crap. 

I'm finally taking 4 and a half months worth of tetra packs (milk cartons) to the skip to be recycled today 🎆🎇🎉 

They have been accepting them again for a few weeks but because you can't just turn up to the skip any more, the little obstacle of going online to book a time slot has put me off up to this point. 

It's not like it was hard to book online but because it was a new thing, it set me back weeks. It's funny how the tiniest little obstacles can do that to us sometimes isn't it? 🤔

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's funny how the tiniest little obstacles can do that to us sometimes isn't it?

EXACTLY!!   I let this happen to me a lot!  (Yeah, OK the depression has something to do with it, too.)  

I want to let go of my obstacles.  Now if I just knew how.   😢

Fear and delusion get me past the obstacles.  I sit here and worry about people showing up to take all of this from me every moment I'm awake you know people that haven't been here in months.  They're coming though I'm sure of it!

Regrets and unnecessary worries.

I realize now that I was living my life fixated on past "mistakes" and future concerns. My motto might as well have been "anywhere but here, anytime but now".  I am getting better at letting go of past regrets - or at least putting them in the correct context. And, my future focus is more constructive (less anxiety while setting and pursuing realistic future goals). 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Troydg said:

"anywhere but here, anytime but now".

Oh, wow!  That is me with depression 100%!  So perfect it is spooky.

Especially poignant considering, for each of us, it is always 'here' and 'now'.  

Edited by jkd_sd