Sign in to follow this  
agonyme

OCD can't beat this monster

Sometimes i wonder if hell could be any worse than this, it's pure torture and misery, year after year and only  little improvement as for OCD this monster is insurmountable.

Can't afford therapy and there is no therapy where i am living . i have downloaded a selfhelp book but i think it's not enough for me.

I get obsessed about everything harm, sexuality, order, checking, magical thinking, traumatic memories, worries, people opinions, and those damn thoughts stuck forever. i am lost in mazes of my mind .

i don't know how others are dealing with their OCD, for me i have tried ssri and it was not helpful at all

best wishes for all.   

Exercise helped my OCD.  I used to be trapped in an OCD prison all the time but cardio exercise will help.  We both have high anxiety and extra energy that needs to be burned off.  It works believe me.  Go walking or running as often as you can.

agonyme:

OCD is so very difficult.  And I'm sorry you are dealing with it.  Plus, I"m sorry you are having to deal with it by yourself.  That must be so hard.  You deserve some relief from the symptoms.  I've been helped by medicines.  I know that you didn't get good results from a SSRI.  Have you tried more than one?  

Do you have a physician that understands anxiety?  If so I would talk with him/her about other kinds of medicines that might help.  A medicine called Klonopin has helped me.  It can be addicting though it hasn't been for me.   

My advice, I imagine, isn't that helpful.  But I want you to know I read your post and I do understand the pain of OCD.  It is real and it can hurt so bad. 

Tim 

On 9/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, sober4life said:

Exercise helped my OCD.  I used to be trapped in an OCD prison all the time but cardio exercise will help.  We both have high anxiety and extra energy that needs to be burned off.  It works believe me.  Go walking or running as often as you can.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, Tim 52 said:

agonyme:

OCD is so very difficult.  And I'm sorry you are dealing with it.  Plus, I"m sorry you are having to deal with it by yourself.  That must be so hard.  You deserve some relief from the symptoms.  I've been helped by medicines.  I know that you didn't get good results from a SSRI.  Have you tried more than one?  

Do you have a physician that understands anxiety?  If so I would talk with him/her about other kinds of medicines that might help.  A medicine called Klonopin has helped me.  It can be addicting though it hasn't been for me.   

My advice, I imagine, isn't that helpful.  But I want you to know I read your post and I do understand the pain of OCD.  It is real and it can hurt so bad. 

Tim 

Thank you guys, that was helpful.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:36 PM, sober4life said:

Reducing or eliminating things from your life like alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, sugar and salt can help too.

Eliminating sugars is making things worse for me and i don't why ..!

Just now, agonyme said:

Eliminating sugars is making things worse for me and i don't why ..!

Then don't do that for now.  Start the way I started to beat this monster exercise.  Dieting and exercise in the beginning can be too much.