Floor2017

Do You Matter

Well, life has it’s up and downs and sometimes you begin to wonder do I really matter.  Is what I do significant to what others do and think 🤔?  I’m sure that all of our lives matter in some way or another.  The Question is how does it matter.  We spend  a life time trying to be relevant to the people around us.  I hope in this that we can all begin to see our self worth and value to the world as we live on a daily basis.  Enclosing:  You are somebody and you do Matter 

I was thinking about this, a lot, today.

It starts when the alarm rings in the morning and my first thought is "Not again. How many more mornings do I need to wake up to? What am I doing with my life? Do I make the world a better place? Am I helping?"

Then I read the symptoms listing of my medication's leaflet, and I feel consoled that I'm not going crazy, that I'll be feeling down for a while, during the adjustment period of increasing my dose.

We do matter. It's just that our minds, sometimes, tricks us to think that we don't.

Edited by Resistor
typo

Hi Floor, I’m about to post something related to this but on the negative side: In the end if anyone here commits suicide, no one here actually cares. Cos that’s just another unmet person in another part of the world who just died. Maybe feel worried for awhile but then everyone will just move on and no one actually cares. I don’t matter to anyone. 

I’m feeling very down today. I wish your words lift me up Floor, but it doesn’t and I’m very disappointed with myself. No matter how much people try to help me, the only person who can change me is myself. I have so much hatred towards myself. 

Edited by Depressedgurl007

I don't believe I matter to anyone in real life.  It's a sad life.  If I left the comments would be comments like Marilyn Monroe had It had to happen.  I would get one liners like that or oops or oh well what were we talking about again and then be old news by the time they were done with their first cup of coffee.

49 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I haven't given up on myself.  The people in my life have given up on me if they ever cared.  I should be used to it I guess but I have a heart and it's almost always broken.

That's pretty much my story...except that without that support, yes, I've mostly given up on myself.

Edited by MarkintheDark

14 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Hi Floor, I’m about to post something related to this but on the negative side: In the end if anyone here commits suicide, no one here actually cares. Cos that’s just another unmet person in another part of the world who just died. Maybe feel worried for awhile but then everyone will just move on and no one actually cares. I don’t matter to anyone. 

I’m feeling very down today. I wish your words lift me up Floor, but it doesn’t and I’m very disappointed with myself. No matter how much people try to help me, the only person who can change me is myself. I have so much hatred towards myself. 

I’m so sorry to hear that my friend.  I totally understand what you are saying but if we don’t fight for ourselves nobody else will.  I have to try to motivate myself on a daily basis because I don’t have anyone else rooting for me.  I can’t learn to root for myself then I cannot expect anyone else to root for me.  We have to try to become our biggest fan despite our short coming in life.  We still deserve to be appreciate and loved even if it has to be by ourselves.  Hang in there my friend and yes you do matter to me because when I see posts from other suffers like me it tells me that we are so much stronger than what we give ourselves credit for my friend.  Be blessed and here is a hug 🤗 from everyone who cares about you.  :hugs:

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I haven't given up on myself.  The people in my life have given up on me if they ever cared.  I should be used to it I guess but I have a heart and it's almost always broken.

I’m so proud of you and your many accomplishments on this forum.  You are a inspiration to me 

12 hours ago, Oscar K said:

Please don't give up on yourself.

We are all in this together for support and valuable insights.

I have found the best way to help myself is to try to help others.

I’m with you on helping others actually helps you 

Yeah that is a problem for me.  I base too much of my worth on what others think and others rarely care or show up.  It's been a lifetime of trying to impress family that will never care about me or what I do.  Everyone wants to be loved and it's so hard when the people around me are always numb and emotionless and could care less all the time.  I can't live like this because I'm not like them!

Edited by sober4life

On 9/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, sober4life said:

Yeah that is a problem for me.  I base too much of my worth on what others think and others rarely care or show up.  It's been a lifetime of trying to impress family that will never care about me or what I do.  Everyone wants to be loved and it's so hard when the people around me are always numb and emotionless and could care less all the time.  I can't live like this because I'm not like them!

Amen 🙏