Sign in to follow this  
20YearsandCounting

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here! #3

Let us know what you did today... anything at all... sometimes just getting started on anything is a battle in itself! 

Here are the last couple replies to get you started...

On 8/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, AloneGuy said:

I don't think I ever mentioned it here, but after 28 years of smoking I had my last cigarette back in March.    

On 8/19/2019 at 3:39 PM, watalife said:

Made a cup of coffee and fed the birds 

I made it out the door of my apartment. Some days that is a colossal achievement in of itself.

Helped my daughter get some of her assignments squared away for grad school. 

I've started my job search again. I've done a couple of good steps, imo, even though I haven't landed anything yet.

It feels unnatural to have to deal with the weight of the universe on one's shoulders completely alone, so I'm feeling tired of doing everything alone.

That said, my job search continues tomorrow and all of next week. So I'll try to post updates about my job search: progress, results, obstacles, things I did well, things I messed up, good, bad. I'll try to share about it, so that I'll be a little less alone while I work.

It's no use to speak about my results to people in real life who don't care at all about me.

I put out 7 boxes of miscellaneous stuff,  8 bags of clothing and linens, and 10 grocery bags of books for DAV thrift shop to pick up.  Went to the DMV to renew my car tags (cannot believe it only took 10 minutes waiting in the express line). Since I had 3 hours to waste before the appt at dealership, I ate breakfast at McD's. I went to a couple of thrift shops looking for clothing I can wear to yoga. Because I still had time, I came home dropped of what I brought and played  games on the phone. Then went to dealership to get car inspected. It passed but I still spent $155 for an alignment and tire rotation. I remember when an alignment was less than $50 and they threw in the tire rotation.  Then ate a late lunch at Golden Corral and came home to play on the computer.

I feel good that I accomplished a lot of what I have been putting off. Going to a buffet by myself was a giant step for me - a little anxiety but that delicious pot roast was worth it.

It's all true though.  I have to get the weight off before the neighbors that don't know my name see me next.  I have a tendency to act more crazy than anyone you've ever seen to try to prove to the people around me I'm not crazy.  So appearance is good but 5 minutes of talking to me and I sound like I've been on drugs for a week.

I mowed 2 yards today.  I didn't plan on doing anything today but I was manic.  Now tomorrow I will wake up and scream there's nothing to do now I have to spend time with myself all day!😲