ejc's 'What did you dream about?' Thread, Part 2

I slept really great last night my dreams were maybe odd a bit and not bothersome as it always is. I don't remember them at all which for me that's extremely good. I feel so motivated right now and in a wonderful mood / mindset. I think even happy and excited for today as well mixed with feeling love. I'm being more productive now as well this morning, today will be a fantastic day yet again for me. I got my fire/ fight back in me to do good again. So when not remembering any of my dreams is always a extremely good thing for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt about my grandma the other day--the one who passed a year ago and I never knew really well. It's odd because I used to dream about my other dead grandmother a lot in the years following her passing, but I knew her a lot better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Paris, hanging out with a group of complete strangers. Anxiety was present of course. I didn't know where my passport or ID was, no idea if I had clothes or money or other belongings or where they might be. Rather than feeling liberating and adventurous, it was kinda terrifying. There was someone who was romantically interested in me but I was afraid she was underage. There are a lot of statues in Paris and statues mean pigeons and pigeons mean poop, so in my dream I was very concerned about being pooped on. 

I worry a lot in my dreams. 

I was somewhere...not anywhere I've ever been but too generic to differentiate. All I remember is that a man was stuck inside a wall or maybe a closet but you could only see part of his  head. There was no one around to help me get him out and I was freaking out. It was really weird and the details are hazy now.

• 2 weeks later...

Disturbing trauma-like bad dream. I was in bed in a dark room with a friend of mine (non-romantic, just cozy and safe) when the door creaked open just a crack. I saw light from a hallway, and somebody's there but i cant see who. She said to me in a fearful hushed voice, "just look down. Close your eyes." 

I woke up in a cold, shivery sweat. Dont know what that was about, dont really wanna know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apollo (yes, the Greek God) poisoned everyone I know and some guy told us all to throw up the poison and everyone went in mass to this giant public bathroom and threw it up. But I couldn't because I took the poison too soon so I tried to pee it out but I guess that didn't work. So I had a friend tell me to throw it up a few more times because I guess the only way you could do it was if someone commanded you. 

Then I was in my childhood home fighting off two minions and I had a salt shaker and the salt melted their eyes and killed them so I could escape. But in the street more people came to try to **** me. I tried to fight them off as much as I could but it was never ending; I was still being chased and getting more and more tired when I woke up. What a stressful dream!

I'm at a restaurant eating a meal while on a break from work. People who are apparently my friends (though I don't recognize any of them) are actors performing in a series of short plays at the restaurant. I sit through one play but before the next can begin, I realize I must get back to work. I tell a "friend" this before her performance and she's visibly disappointed in me. 

What interested me about this dream was how it depicted balance between responsibility to a job and the people I care about. At times, it is not possible to feel satisfied with the result no matter what. A part of me wants to people-please at the expense of my boundaries and getting my work done - is it fine, so long as they like me? Yet I wasn't able to enjoy the meal at the restaurant for giving my attention to friend's performances - while keeping an eye on the clock. 

10 hours ago, watalife said:

I dreamed of seeing my first cat Fluffy running down a long white hallway. Maybe it was a portal to heaven and I am approaching death 🙂

I wish you had a happy life.  It makes me sad reading that.  I know how you feel though.  If I had one of those moments they talk about where you can choose to stay here or move onto heaven there's no chance whatsoever I would choose to stay at this point.  I think even if it's just lights out and thrown in the dirt it would be better than this garbage heap of a life.

I dreamed I was in the hospital and there were people all around fumigating the building. 

The was a thick yellow fog everywhere and everyone was coughing and having trouble breathing.  The workers doing the fumigating were wearing head to toe protective gear with oxygen tanks. 

I was running to get out but every time I got to a door, the door turned into a wall.  I finally found a door and opened it. 

There was a staircase there that went down into infinity.  Just looking at it made my head spin and I fell down the stairs, down and down and down.  And then I woke up.  

I was stood on stage in front of a large audience wearing a scaramouche mask and telling jokes which seemed to be making people laugh, the audience was also wearing comedy noses, masks and ears. No idea what it was about ☺️

I dreamed of an old friend I haven't seen in 6 years.  In the dream I was back living in my old house in West Virginia, and the friend came to stay with me for a while.  We were talking about psychology and very strange illnesses of the mind, which is not something that I would normally talk to him about in the real world.  The dream had a melancholy feel to it, and after waking I thought about my old friend for quite a while.     

I had a horrible nightmare last night. There were these rats in cages that had fur colors like a calico cat. They were being tortured to death by hawks (the birds) that were sinking their sharp talons into the rats' bellies. The rats were in complete agony and their screams were horrifying. And of course blood was spurting. Very disturbing.

I tried running out of the room in which this was happening but couldn't make my feet move.

Part of this may be coming from the fact my daughter took her new little kitty in to the vet for vaccinations. This kitty is a little tiny thing who looks like she's very fragile. I had this horrible image of a needle going in too far and causing the kitty enormous pain.

Edited by JD4010

• 2 weeks later...

Kate Bush invited me to her house to stay! It was so cool. I had my car with me and could come and go when I pleased.

I slept in a room next to Kate and there was just one interconnecting door between us. She was letting me use her make up etc and doing my hair.  She let me use her lipstick which was deep red powdery stuff that I was luxuriously applying with a brush. Really lovely.  She did my hair in a big pouffy style which was a bit weird but I went with it. Kate did it after all.

When Kate was talking to me it seemed like everything she said went to the core of me and resonated very deeply. Her voice and what she said had a powerful effect on me.

I was convinced that we must be soul mates, that this must be what it's like to talk to your soul mate because everything about her was vibing with me at such a deep level, y'know?

Anyway, when I went down to breakfast it was in a hall full of people that was just like an ashram with monks serving breakfast. They were serving up rice with a sweet, sticky and delicious sauce.  I was pleased but anxious to make sure I could get my hands on some of the hot chocolate on offer!

A bit later in the dream I was in the garden and managed to avoid a lorry which came crashing into the garden by intuitively moving just in time. 

That was about it. Except in another part I was watching myself in the past dancing with friends. I looked a mess but I was having lots of fun. I don't think that had anything to do with staying with Kate. Lol.

The end.