20YearsandCounting

ejc's 'What did you dream about?' Thread, Part 2

What did you dream about?  Remember to be PG and stay within ToS! 

Here's @ejc's first post, and the last few, to get us started again!

ejc

• Silver Member
  •  
  • ejc
  • Silver Member
  • 1,027 posts
  •  

My psych. said dreams are a way to process things that we couldn't during the time we are awake bc it would be too overwhelming. she suggested a dream journal.. I can't commit to paper. why not post here? so...

Just woke up from a dream or nightmare? Please describe...

On 8/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Devlinkyla said:

I hade a dream where we (my mom) was the driver god then I got of the car then tryed to get trash from the side of the road but wouldn’t try hard enough to get it because I thought I couldn’t then looked back and the read got smaller and smaller couldn’t go back but couldn’t go forward ( I feel stuck but also like am not trying hard enough)

On 8/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, evalynn said:

I don't remember but my ex was there and whatever happened in the dream woke me up.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, evalynn said:

I just think thinking last night that I haven't had a dream that was an "adventure" in a while, but boy did I have one today... I remember some evil men trying to **** this young woman and I discovered which of her "friends" was really the morphing villain in disguise and ran to warn her. We had to escape through the back way, walk through people's houses and a giant public bathroom to try to loose his trail...at some point I was there with my husband instead of the girl...then I was in a car with my mom and my little sister driving through a surreal version of our old neighborhood, trying to look for this building down winding roads...

Weird bits and pieces:

• I found a box of what I thought were dead baby chicks. Upon shaking them, they became alive again (maybe they were sleeping?) and cute and fluffier and some turned baby blue. 
  • I tasked my husband to watch them as I went to call the authorities? (Yeah, I don't know...) and he didn't want to and it caused this big fight and some of them got loose around the house.
  • My cousin showed up and we were at a park or something at night. These stars ended up being jets that were flying scarily close to the ground doing tricks in the air.
  • My old hairstylist gifted me this weird complicated hat that I had to adjust according to head size (apparently I don't have a big head after all!) and unfold in this specific way. I never did end up wearing it.

Fell asleep on the couch and for some reason had a dream that my husband and I had a big fight, so that when I woke up abruptly I was confused about whether it was real or not. I asked my husband, "Did we get in a fight?" And he laughed and said no, you were just sleeping and we had a great day. And then I realized it had all been in my head, and I was no longer angry.

I was at this big dinner party and my sister and I were stuck at the kids table and there wasn't enough room for our seats so we had to move around to find a spot. Then I abandoned her to walk around and this toddler aged girl gestured for me to pick her up and I did since I had no idea where her family was, but then I found them and dropped her off with them. Then I went outside and had to crawl up this tube thing to get back up to the party and my sister was gone and these teenagers I didn't know were at the table and I didn't like them. lol 

Another dream: I was in a architecture class with people I knew in middle and high school, and I had annoyed them by saying something I hadn't meant to be rude but I guess it came out that way and they left the room and I could hear them talking crap about how they couldn't stand me on their way back. I was so mortified. There was more, but that's all I remember. 

I had a strange dream last night.  In the dream I had a girlfriend I was living with.  Her ex would come over to our house and he would take her to the bedroom and lay on her.  They both had their clothes on and didn't do anything but lay one on top of the other.  I was very upset about this in the dream.  I told my girlfriend I didn't like this.  She said "It's nothing.  We're not doing anything...just laying on each other."  But I felt very perturbed. 

I dreamed of a red car, think 50's - big and tail fins. I was in the middle of the front seat and nobody else in car. The car was smashed on the left side and on the right side, front to back. I was just sitting in the car thinking 'okay this is weird'.

Then I woke up. Weird  for a kid born in the early 60's and remember all of the 70's to dream of a 50's big and red car with tail fins.

Managed to sleep for an hour or two 😵
Had a semi-lucid dream.
Dreamt I was giving a lecture to students (who were in the psychiatric unit with me) about the development of combat helmets all the way from "boar-tusk helmets" to "The Wollaston helmet". How Eastern helmets influenced late-Roman helmets and eventually had an effect on helmets such as the Sutton Hoo helmet and the development of various Norse helmets.

I was going to continue into the modern age, but I started to wake up completely... pretty good dream, though. I always knew I could do academia... 🤩

I remembered another one: My husband was putting up all these really ugly and slightly creepy pictures all over our living room walls, and I was asking him to stop but he was totally ignoring me. And I couldn't take them down because for some reason I was paralyzed. 

A couple of quite vivid ones:

First was that I tried to donate some brass lamps.  The first were a matched pair, but rejected because they were oil lamps.  The other, with an armature, rejected because the fluorescent bulb was out.

Second dream: bf and I (from my considerably younger days) lounging in hotel suite trying to decide whether to have champagne or vodka with our foie gras. (I've never even HAD foie gras!)

Nope.  Not a clue on either one.

Edited by MarkintheDark

Ever since I started taking Ashwagandha last week I've noticed I'm remembering more of my dreams.  

It was nighttime and I looked out my kitchen window and saw a huge, white scorpion the size of a large dog dancing with another smaller scorpion.  I was thinking maybe they were doing some ritual dance.  I called to my mom who was nearby and said "hey come take a look at this!"  She looked out the window and said "oh my god!"   Then an ostrich came over and looked like it was going to attack the largest scorpion, and I was worried the ostrich (which sometimes looked more like a turkey) might get stung by the huge stinger.  It looked like they were about to fight and then I woke up. 

A couple vivid dreams this week:

One I mentioned elsewhere was giving a peck on the cheek to my ex, who died in 2002, and he gave me an affectionate peck in return.

I knocked off for a few hours this evening and had a flying dream, too.  Flew over a relatively calm ocean in the sunlight towards a lovely green, low-lying coast where I knew the weather could be socked in by fog.  So I had the thought that, well, I've seen it, and did a 180 back to where I'd departed.  Rather peaceful.

Edited by MarkintheDark

I was hanging out with russell brand who I can't stand, but in this dream we were spending some time together at my house and we were having a bit of a cuddle. He was expecting me to be head over heels in love with him and he told me that I belonged to him.

I said 'No, I don't belong to you Russell' but carried on having a cuddle and hanging out. He didn't stay with me long (in my dream we were having a sort of mini relationship) and when he left and I knew it was the last I would see of him I surprised myself by not batting an eyelid 😂 After that I was simply pleased that the binmen had taken all the rubbish away from my doorstep and I carried on with my day. That was it! 

I don't really remember what I dreamed last night other than there was a baby in my dream. But I do dream often. Once or twice I dreamed there are demons after me but I mostly dream of good things like my mother who passed away and I dream I'm flying a lot. I once dreamed of moving away from this town and moving across the country as if to escape my problems but then it happened and I did move away and it was just like what I had dreamed. The other night I dreamed I was in a Christmas winter wonderland riding a bicycle through the snow and going to a cabin filled with decorations. Maybe because I have not had a good Christmas in 20 years or so and I would really like to. Anyway I'll post when I have something solid that I have dreamed about.

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I was hanging out with russell brand who I can't stand, but in this dream we were spending some time together at my house and we were having a bit of a cuddle. He was expecting me to be head over heels in love with him and he told me that I belonged to him.

I said 'No, I don't belong to you Russell' but carried on having a cuddle and hanging out. He didn't stay with me long (in my dream we were having a sort of mini relationship) and when he left and I knew it was the last I would see of him I surprised myself by not batting an eyelid 😂 After that I was simply pleased that the binmen had taken all the rubbish away from my doorstep and I carried on with my day. That was it! 

Is it terrible that I feel like this is how Russel Brand could potentially act in real life? (Or at the very least in a romantic comedy.) 😁

Just now, quentin360 said:

Anyway I'll post when I have something solid that I have dreamed about.

Very good q360, made me laugh.  Yeah, I'll post here too when I have a solid dream.😉

bulgakov

Lately, when I'm remembering dreams, they're in pairs.

First one was that I was back at my first TV station job 40 years ago which I loved.  I even dreamed, all these years later, I'd gone back to that job.

Second one was that I was driving down a twisty, very dark, difficult to see road, on and on, with no particular destination in mind.