What Did You Do Today? #3

Showered this evening... 

Booked a viewing this am. 

Drove to a viewing today.

Went to the park to eat my sandwiches in the car. 

Played with my sister's cat for a little bit. 

Made some pasta for dinner and washed up a couple of dishes. 

Came to bed after an argument with n. Mom 😬

I was all proud of myself for showering today and then a little bit later, started beating myself up for my sub-par achievement 😬

Anyway, I'm still maintaining that I'm proud of my shower.... Also did a load of washing, stripped my bed, swept the patio, tidied up a bit and played with my sister's cat. 

Busy always feels better to me when I'm running on empty 🏃‍♀️

That last part is right for me too.  When I'm running on empty I won't remember much of it.  I'll wake up the next day and say wow I did that yesterday.  I'll do that about today too.😃

A shower is always so invigorating that I cant believe sometimes why I dont want to take one. Small steps are as important as big ones and cumulatively they all add up. So nothing sub par about congratulating yourself, I think its awesome. 

Went and returned what I bought yesterday. Everything was wrong I didn't need any of it but i was going by what someone told me I should do. Well it turned into a nightmare. I've got what i need and nothing is wrong with it. Im not rich and my house won't look as good as yours. This is a rant. 

2 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I have just decided to take my chances and go to home depot, Saturday afternoon, wish me luck……

Good luck! I made the mistake of going to the outlet mall on a Saturday afternoon and lets just say…it didn’t go so well.  I did at least get a decent meal out of it and likely am going to buy online some of the items I looked at but didn’t purchase.

It went exactly as I thought it would. Lots of people and I don’t mind people but they all seemed too busy to care about anything. Sad because I don’t know where to move to anymore to get back to how my life was 29 years agi

The whole time I was at the family reunion today I was thinking someone stinks.  Now that I'm home I realize it's me which is good.  The person that knows they stink at the party is uncomfortable.  The one that realizes they stunk before is the one the knows they won't be invited back so there's a silver lining to everything.😎

Edited by sober4life

I drove 90 minutes to see a house 🤔 The drive was lovely, through beautiful countryside. Glad I went today and got it done rather than leaving it till tomorrow.

I didn't do much up there apart from seeing the house and buying a cuppa to take out and then driving back 🤔 I wanted to miss the rush hour 👍 

I'm feeling very tired and achy today. I didn't feel like doing anything. All I want to do is rest. I wish I could do that and nothing else for a few days. Not sure I could rest that long here with narc mom around but I'll do my best to get a decent rest tomorrow 🤞

Managed to get more work done today than yesterday…including something that has been sitting around for awhile and getting pushed to the side. I got tired of looking at it so I just sucked it up and got it done.

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm feeling very tired and achy today. I didn't feel like doing anything. All I want to do is rest. I wish I could do that and nothing else for a few days. Not sure I could rest that long here with narc mom around 

Besides your mom is there anything else stopping you for resting for even a bit e.g. full/part time job?

On 4/12/2022 at 9:22 PM, Nightjar said:

I drove 90 minutes to see a house 🤔 The drive was lovely, through beautiful countryside. Glad I went today and got it done rather than leaving it till tomorrow.

I didn't do much up there apart from seeing the house and buying a cuppa to take out and then driving back 🤔 I wanted to miss the rush hour 👍 

I'm feeling very tired and achy today. I didn't feel like doing anything. All I want to do is rest. I wish I could do that and nothing else for a few days. Not sure I could rest that long here with narc mom around but I'll do my best to get a decent rest tomorrow 🤞

How was the house? 🙂 least you got a pleasant drive out to somewhere different and managed to avoid the rush hour traffic, not sure what it's like there but I've been caught in big cities before around 5pm and it's utter chaos.

3 hours ago, hocico said:

How was the house? 🙂 least you got a pleasant drive out to somewhere different and managed to avoid the rush hour traffic, not sure what it's like there but I've been caught in big cities before around 5pm and it's utter chaos.

Ah yes, the drive out there is always good... House not so good. Lol. But I've got something else in my sights which I'm gonna hopefully arrange to go and see tomorrow 🍀

Researching "email counseling."

Sounds stupid and like a way to steal money from the mentally ill tbh, but I have no privacy at my abusive home (i.e. webcam/phone is a no-go) and cannot go to therapy sessions like I used to. I'll at least try a few sessions. I really need to talk to someone with a non-judgmental outsider perspective. Losing my mind.

8 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

Researching "email counseling."

Sounds stupid and like a way to steal money from the mentally ill tbh, but I have no privacy at my abusive home (i.e. webcam/phone is a no-go) and cannot go to therapy sessions like I used to. I'll at least try a few sessions. I really need to talk to someone with a non-judgmental outsider perspective. Losing my mind.

You have us all here too if you need outsider perspective.

other option could be youtube video’s, with your headphones on, maybe?

3 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

You have us all here too if you need outsider perspective.

other option could be youtube video’s, with your headphones on, maybe?

For sure, I have a whole "mental health" youtube playlist lol. I will go watch it today.

I'm just so depressing, and ppl are struggling here too. If you guys offer me support, I wanna be able to offer support as well, and I really just can't right now, so it feels unfair.

I think after 2 years of this pandemic, I've reached my limit of "inner strength." What I need is someone' who's not insane/abusive to make my life decisions for me. I can't be trusted to make healthy decisions.