What Did You Do Today? #3

I stayed in bed for a bit..... Then, quickly washed and dressed and headed out to the shops. I was irritable but I still managed to enjoy it. I usually find shopping grounding and enjoyable 🤔

Anyway, after that I made myself a sandwich and ploughed through the dishes which had been building up 😬 What a relief they are done. I wiped the kitchen surfaces and cleaned out my candle holders, and I've since sat down to chill... 

Going to have a quick wash soon ready for bed 🛌

More household chores to get done tomorrow 🤔 I've let things pile up a little bit so washing is on the list..Also need to do a bit of cleaning in the bathroom...Vacuuming is also on the list but we will see 😂😉Maybe a little bit 🤏 of vaccuming tomorrow could be good. 

did get some vacuuming done downstairs today - finally. I usually leave it ages between vacuums and I'm trying to improve.

I enjoyed a movie this afternoon. Read my diary this morning..... Did a load of washing and hung it out to dry. 

Spoke to estate agent and mom on the phone briefly... Hung up some xmas lights I had for xmas 🤔 Tidied up a bit, bathed Nd washed hair.. Then scrubbed bath afterwards... 

It was a pretty productive day at home. Can't wait to get outta here tomorrow though. 

Woke up at a reasonable hour for me, took what felt like a million years waiting for the egg whites and butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature before I could make my dad's birthday cake (his birthday is on the 31st but we're celebrating it on the 1st). Trying to figure out how to realistic conquer some goals this year (I'm calling them goals rather than resolutions).Watched the ball drop, and then finally was able to take out my dog once all the neighborhood fireworks stopped. And now I'm watching a Harry Potter marathon for the thousandth time as I try to fall asleep.  

• 2 weeks later...

I watched tv for a bit in the am..Then washed a couple of dishes. . Showered and washed hair and hung out a load of washing to dry.. 

Then got some stuff together to take to mom's.. Went to therapy which was 😳 today. Hope I don't get nightmares..

Drove back to mom's and had dinner alone coz everyone is out.... Won't be long now and I'll go to my room here, meditate and hopefully get a decent sleep. 

What is it about therapy? I feel like she's poking about in my knicker drawer and commenting on everything she finds 😬

Quickly got ready after breakfast..

Drove to drive through for a hot chocolate... Then into town... Parked and spoke to solicitor... Then walked into town, went to the bank, the chemist and the bakery.... Drove to the park to enjoy the sunset for 15 minutes, then to mine to put out recycling and pick up some paperwork. 

Finally, back at mom's now. Had a little chat with everyone and played with my sister's new kitten... Currently relaxing ... Will do meditation in a bit before bed.

Well I had to get a new weed eater for the yard this year.  Yep I'm the only one on earth buying one in January which means they're much cheaper right now.  No I'm not restless and already wanting to mow!:unsure:

31 minutes ago, sober4life said:

If you're watching the Steelers game you would think if I got a team together with me and the cows we could beat the Steelers.

Im watchin,

Sad for big ben to end this way

Just had my booster shot, don’t really know if it will help or not, but I figured, it might help others. 5 hours after the jabbing and no side effects, not even a sore arm……..

I only write this because this may help somebody make their OWN decision, I’m neither for or against the vaccine, but I am against the forced decision.

Visited my brother in the hospital.  Still trying to figure out who would bring his new bowling ball to the hospital?

went to library to print out some more documents about ancestors. decided I wanted spaghetti for supper, brought the hamburger & when I came home discovered that I had used the last sauce I had frozen last month & didn't have the ingredients to make more.

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

replaced the decking boards on the small side porch, wore out now

That's impressive and it makes me think.  I think I'm going to do the same thing here at some point.  The situation with the decks is going to be the same as the roof was here.  I'm not going to be able to find anyone that will repair the decks.  They will want to build a whole new deck.

48 minutes ago, nojoy said:

Visited my brother in the hospital.  Still trying to figure out who would bring his new bowling ball to the hospital?

went to library to print out some more documents about ancestors. decided I wanted spaghetti for supper, brought the hamburger & when I came home discovered that I had used the last sauce I had frozen last month & didn't have the ingredients to make more.

He must really like bowling.  I think the ball being there when he sees it will give him something to fight for to get out of the hospital.  It's like me when I bought the cow picture for the wall.  I can look at it and it helps me get through the winter and fight to get back to the times where I can walk again.

Chilled for a couple of hours in the am. Then.. Tided up at mom's... Showered and washed hair, then brought some washing over to mine to wash. 

.. Put on the washing and made myself some pasta... Now enjoying my own space while I wait for the washing machine to finish... Will hang it out before I leave and chill here for a bit before going back to mom's. 

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Chilled for a couple of hours in the am. Then.. Tided up at mom's... Showered and washed hair, then brought some washing over to mine to wash. 

.. Put on the washing and made myself some pasta... Now enjoying my own space while I wait for the washing machine to finish... Will hang it out before I leave and chill here for a bit before going back to mom's. 

sounds like a good day

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Well, I made the best I could of it. I've been really tired today 🤔 Have you had a good one? 

yeah, i did nothing today but im still sore from working on the porch the other day so needed rest i guess